Use our handy checklist as your packing list for MOTM / Trop Rock Music Week.
MONEY & DOCUMENTS:
- Driver’s License / Official ID: You’ll need it for flights, rental cars and most importantly…. registration for MOTM.
- Reservations: Print your hotel, flight, rental car and any pre-paid tour reservations.
- MOTM Confirmation Email: You don’t need to bring this with you, just make sure you can access it on your smart phone in the event there are any questions.
- Know Where to Go: Bookmark the comprehensive MOTM & Trop Rock Music Schedule on your smart phone so you can easily plan your day. There will be a printer friendly copy around Oct. 20th for everyone on our newsletter (you can sign up in the side bar of our website!)
- Credit Cards: Pre-paid credit cards in smaller cash value limits are always a good idea for security and to avoid any fraud charges.
- Cash: Cash is great for adding Trop Rock CDs to your collection. Not every artist is able to take credit cards in person.
- Smart Phone: So you can keep up with everyone and easily check the Trop Rock music schedule anytime.
- Phone Charger: If you have two chargers, bring them. Keep 1 in your room and the other in your backpack/purse for charging on the go.
- Camera: Your camera may take better pictures than your phone. Stock up on batteries, memory cards and make sure you bring your camera charger.
- Cell Phone Camera: If your phone requires an extra memory card bring plenty! These are triple the price on the island (like all gadget components).
- Headphones: For the plane ride.
- iPod / Mp3 Player: Which might be your phone these days, but if not – you’ll want it for the flight or the drive.
- Swimsuit & Cover Up: You can swim at the Casa Marina in the ocean or the pool or just work on your tan at the beach.
- Trop Rockin’ T-Shirt: We can’t wait to take a picture of you wearing it! If you don’t have one, here’s where to get it: Trop Rockin’ Shop
- All your favorite Trop Rock artist t-shirts.
- Your regional MOTM Parrot Head Club T-shirt (if your region does this) and don’t forget which day your supposed to wear it.
- Comfortable shoes. “Blew out my Flip Flop” nice to pack an extra pair. Be prepared for a lot of walking. This is NOT the time to break in those really cute new shoes.
- Halloween Costume
- Sun Screen: Not just for the pool or beach. The Street Festival and a number of venues are “open air” so you’ll be in the sun.
- Aloe or lotion: For your sunburn
- Novelty Item for Signatures: Picture of you with your favorite artist, Mascot (bear, monkey ,dog or a beach ball) for the Artists to sign.
- Hat / Visor: Umbrellas should be avoided in any crowd.
- Unwrapped Toy (include batteries if required) or school supplies for the MOTM Toy Drive.
- Trop Rockin’ Magazine “Livin’ the Trop Rockin’ Life” Coozie & Wrist Band. Don’t have one? Join us at our 5th annual readers appreciation “Tuesday on the Island” party and get it for free.
- Flashing or glow jewelry, beads and pins (why not?)
- Black Sharpe pen. Artist tend to lose their pens and you don’t want to miss that autograph opp.
- Parrot Head tags if you want to show where you’ve been, where you’re from or how many times you’ve been to MOTM.
- Wine drinker? Don’t forget your cork screw.
- Collapsible 6pk cooler for the Beach, Street Fest or hanging out on the Casa Marina lawn.
- Hand Sanitizer (you’ve seen some of those bar bathrooms before!)
- TP… Late nights on Duval, it’s almost impossible to find, so ladies bring your own (purse size Kleenex or wipes).
- Light weight jacket / sweatshirt. Yes… it happens. Sometimes it’s cool enough in the evenings that you’ll need it (especially on or near the water).
- Mosquito Repellent. The prices are high for these products on the island.
- Personal Medical Kit: Alka Seltzer, Aspirin, Band-Aids, Neosporin and bottle of your favorite booze to chase that “Hair Of the Dog” feeling.