Music on the Bay is right around the corner and we can’t wait to get our toes in the sand, dance to the best Trop Rock music and party with the best Parrot Heads in town! Registration ends at 8pm EST on Sunday, February 26th. Click here to get registered!
Get registered, then get packing. A big part of any vacation is knowing what to pack, where to eat, plus a few tips for a fantastic time!
Where to Eat:
- Whisky Joe’s: Music on the Bay is an all-day festival hosted on the beach at Whisky Joe’s Restaurant and Bar in Tampa Bay, known for their Caribbean infused dishes and island style flavors. Dinning at the on-site restaurant or ordering from the Beach Bar menu gives you a wide variety of flavor choices that are budget friendly. I can assure you that Whiskey Joe’s will meet all your vacation flavor must-haves with their wide selection of Seafood, Pasta, Pizza, Sandwiches/Hamburgers and Soups/Salads. Their Raw Bar offerings are a sun downers delight backed with one of their signature cocktails and enjoyed on the wrap-around deck adding a special touch of tranquility.
- Bahama Breeze: If you need a break from the venue for a bit to expand your vacation lunch or dinner plans, I recommend Bahama Breeze Island Grille which is close by and still has the tropical island vacation feel. Sit at their bar and watch as they make their signature Mojitos.
- The Rusty Pelican: The Rusty Pelican brings you a choice of four different dining experiences with their Brunch, Lunch, Sunset and Dinner menus allowing you to have your choice of Coastal Seafood to a Midwestern Steak. The Rusty Pelican is rated “perfect” for their sunsets.
- The Beach Bar and Restaurant: Bay Harbor Hotel has an awesome view of Whiskey Joe’s and a great semi-attached restaurant named The Beach Bar and Restaurant that brings you that playful and relaxing island-resort feeling. They have sand volleyball courts, corn hole games or cozy cabana seating to fit your mood. The Beach Bar and Restaurant offers breakfast 7am – 10:30am and lunch/dinner menus are graciously loaded with choices for everyone to enjoy.
The Weather is Here:
Weather is always the best part about being in Florida. The weather predictions in Tampa for March 2nd – 5th are:
- Thursday: A high of 83º during the day and cooling to 61º at night, Partly Sunny.
- Friday: A warm 82º in the day with a cool 62º night, Partly Sunny.
- Saturday: Starting out with Sun, but turning Cloudy with a daytime high around 76º and a night time low of 59º.
- Sunday: Slight chance of a shower with a perfect 79º.
Florida weather is always subject to change but this gets me close enough to help you with your MOTB packing list.
Music on the Bay Packing List:
Here is an easy packing list to make sure you have all the necessities for a fun and fantastic Music on the Bay festival:
- Chair plus a beach towel or blanket.
- Hooded Sweat shirt to stay warm as the sun goes down and a light rain jacket/poncho to stay dry in the event of rain.
- A pair of sweat pants or long pants for those cool evenings around the fire pits.
- Sun glasses or sun shades that fit over your glasses.
- Hats, ball caps or visors, plus your fun Parrot Head Hat if you’ve entered the Hat Decorating Contest (<– click here to sign up and check out the cool prizes!).
- Cash for shopping, eating, Sauce Boss gumbo fundraiser, Beach Beer Tent, drinks, silent auctions and raffles.
- Pre-paid credit cards are great for using at the bar (no tabs allowed), restaurant and at artists or vendor booths who take credit.
- ChapStick with sun block.
- Wet Wipes and Hand Sanitizer.
- Swim suit (no thongs), a cute cover up for ladies, all great for getting a tan on the beautiful white sand.
- Tropical loud shirts, tank tops and shorts.
- Camera, extra SD cards and batteries.
- Any and all memorabilia for your favorite Artists to sign (might bring your own Sharpie too).
- Hang Over First Aid Kit (just in case): Aspirin, Pepto Bismol, Alkea Seltzer, Gator Aide/Power Aide, Band Aids, Neosporin and a Large shot(s) of choice Rum-Vodka-Gin-Whiskey to chase that hair of the dog feeling.
- Trop Rockin’ Magazine T-shirts. If you got ’em, wear ’em. We want to get a picture of you for the magazine!
Things to Know:
- The Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club is inviting you to join the them for their regular meeting at Whisky Joe’s on Wednesday, March 1st with live music by Rich “Schooner” McGuire from 4:30p-6:00p followed by Jeff and the Camaros from 6:30p-10:00p. If you’re a registered attendee you’ll receive an invite, make sure you RSVP so they have an accurate count for the free food.
Additional Event Info:
- Have your picture ID ready when you walk up to the Music on the Bay Registration table.
- No personal beach umbrellas allowed in the designated chair/seating areas.
- No outside food or beverages (no coolers)
- Information Booth (where you pick up your goodie bag) is also the First Aid Station, the Lost and Found and where you can buy MOTB swag.
- In your goodie bag, look for a map of Tampa and information from VisitTampaBay.com for everything to eat/see/do in the Tampa Bay area.
- New this year is the Cigar Hookah Lounge located near the Margaritaville stage area serving locally hand rolled cigars.
- New this year ALL EVENT PARKING is off-site. You can pull up to Whisky Joe’s to drop off your passengers and backpacks, but you’ll need to head across the street to park your car. Parking is $5 and located at Waterford Plaza (Rocky Point & Causeway by Shriners Headquarters), 7650 Courtney Campbell Causeway.
- Shuttle service will transport you back and forth between the parking garage and Whiskey Joe’s as well as the host hotel.
Food & Drink Specials:
- Daily Breakfast served until 11am includes a breakfast sandwich with coffee for $5.
- Daily Food Specials: Hamburger $6, Jumbo Hot Dog $5, Whiskey Pepper Chicken Sandwich $7 and Pulled Pork Sandwich $7, all served with a choice of toppings and bag of chips.
- Beer Specials: $3 Corona & Corona Light on draft, Corona & Corona Light Cans $3.75.
- Drink Specials: $10 Coronita (16oz Margarita/12oz beer), $3 Fireball shots, .99 daily shot special, $5 Deep Eddy Bloody Mary and $5 Mimosa until 11am on Friday & Saturday and noon on Sunday, Bottled Water $2.
- Parrot Head Drink Menu: Deep Eddy Vodka, Margaritaville Tequila and Blue Chair Bay Rum are among the fantastic sponsors of Music on the Bay. These $5 drink specials are offered all weekend (see menu below and note the awesome nod to Jim Morris with a Bocanuts drink!):
If you’ve never been or even if you have, check out Trop Rockin Magazine’s re-cap articles and photo galleries of all the previous Music on the Bay festivals!
Don’t delay, registration ends on Sunday, February 26th at 8pm EST. Go here to register: Music on the Bay