Air Fryer Apple Fries with cinnamon sugar and pumpkin pie spice make the most delicious fall dessert. Combining favorite fall flavors of green apples, cinnamon sugar and pumpkin pie spice takes air fryer apple fries to a whole new level for an amazingly tasty treat.
Dip them in a warm caramel sauce for an even more swoon-worthy fall season dessert.
If you love fall-inspired sweet treats then you don’t want to miss out on these Pumpkin Spice and Cinnamon Air Fryer Apple Fries!
They’re incredibly simple to prepare, allowing your air fryer to cook these cinnamon apple fries to crispy perfection while having a deliciously tender interior.
Coated in pumpkin pie spice and a sugary cinnamon mixture highlights the sweetness of these fresh apple slices and offers an additional outer crunchy texture.
Why Are These Referred To As “Fries”?
These Air Fryer Apple Fries are referred to as “fries” for the simple reason that they tend to resemble potato fries!
They are peeled, cut and air fried in the same way you’d expect when air frying potato fries or wedges, except these fries, are fruity and have been given a delicious fall-inspired pumpkin spice and cinnamon sugar coating.
- 4 Apples
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- Olive Oil Spray
Substitutions and Variations:
- Cut the white sugar in half and substitute with brown sugar for a slightly added molasses flavor.
- If you’re not a fan of pumpkin spice, simply omit and use ground cinnamon or apple pie spice in its place.
- Add a little nutmeg if this is one of your favorite spices.
- Add graham cracker crumbs to the batter. Use an equal amount of finely crushed graham crackers in the flour mixture if you want a thicker textured crust.
- Substitute the white sugar for coconut sugar and you’ll get a light coconut-y flavor added in.
What are the Best Apples For Apple Fries?
Granny Smith apples are the most popular type of apple for baking and frying. They are firm enough to hold their shape yet are also tender enough in texture and possess a tart flavor that pairs very well with sweet dips, syrups, or ice cream. If you enjoy the tart of green apples, then Granny Smith is the best choice.
Pink Lady, Honey Crisp, Fuji apples and Gala apples are also delicious recipe options when making air fryer apple fries but at the end of the day, it’s really dependent on your personal preference and the type of apples that you are used to eating or baking with.
This recipe is so user-friendly that you can’t really go wrong, regardless of the type of apples used! They all make great apple fries.
As an added bonus, all apples contain a healthy dose of vitamin C and potassium. So there are some health benefits to this delicious dessert!
Layering the various mixtures over the apples is the key to this easy recipe. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Peel and cut the apples into approximately 16 wedges for each apple.
Step 2: In one shallow bowl whisk two eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1/2 a tablespoon of pumpkin spice.
Step 4: Coat apple slices in the cinnamon pumpkin spice flour mixture, dip them in the bowl of beaten eggs and then back into the cinnamon pumpkin spice flour mixture.
Step 5: Place coated apple wedges in the air fryer basket making sure they are in a single layer.
Step 6: Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
Step 7: Air fry at 320 degrees F for 13 minutes or until golden brown. These tart apple wedges will be hot, so be sure to use tongs to pluck them out of the air fryer when they are done.
Step 8: In a zip lock bag or a third bowl, combine a cup of sugar and remaining ground cinnamon and toss the apple fries in the mixture.
Now you and your family can enjoy your delicious creation!
How to Serve Air Fryer Apple Wedges
These Cinnamon and Pumpkin Spice Apple Fries can be enjoyed as a tasty treat or decadent dessert depending on what you choose to pair them with.
Snack: For the perfect snack enjoy these bite-size apple fries as is! Add them to a packed lunch or serve as after-school snacks for the kids.
Dessert: For a delicious and easy dessert, try one of the following enhancements to serve with these air fryer apple fries:
- Warm caramel sauce, butterscotch, or hot fudge sauce;
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt;
- Whipped cream;
- Peanut Butter.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Spice Apple Fries Recipe Tips
- Make peeling your apples a breeze by using an apple peeler – it really cuts down on your prep time significantly. Plus, you’ll use it for all kinds of fall recipes that call for apples or potatoes.
- It’s important that you allow enough space between your apple slices in the air fryer basket so that they can get that delicious crispy exterior. If you feel like you may be overcrowding the basket, just fry them in small batches.
- Various air fryer oven brands heat slightly differently. Always use a recipe’s cooking time as a guide, checking on your apple fries at a few different cooking time intervals.
- Easily double or triple the quantities of apple fries made by air frying in batches. It’s great if you intend to serve these at a party!
More Air Fryer Apple Recipes You’ll Love
There are so many great ways to make air fryer apples. Here are a few fall-inspired desserts to try:
How To Store These Air Fryer Apple Fries
While I’ll always recommend eating foods freshly prepared and cooked, if you do have any leftover Air Fryer Apple Fries, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days at most. You should keep in mind that these apple fries will start to get soggy if you keep them for longer than what’s advised.
You can eat your leftover apple fries cold, warm them up in the microwave or the best option is to pop them back into the air fryer for a couple of minutes – it will warm them up and help to bring back some of that crispiness.
I don’t suggest freezing leftover fruit fries simply because the texture of these crispy apple fries changes as a result of the freezing and defrosting process.
No time to make air fryer apple fries right now? Save it for later and Pin it!
Apple Fries are a favorite air fryer apple recipe. Whether you’re looking to prepare a delicious snack for your family or a filling fall dessert, these Air Fryer Apple Fries are sure to be a hit!
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Peel apples and cut them into 12-16 wedges for each apple.
- In one shallow bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla together.
- In a separate small bowl, mix pumpkin spice, 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon and flour.
- Cover the apple wedges in the flour mixture.
- Then coat the apple wedges in the egg mixture.
- Next, coat them again in the flour mixture.
- Place battered apple fries in the air fryer basket and spray with oil.
- Air fry at 320 degrees for 13 minutes.
- In a zip lock bag, add the sugar plus remaining cinnamon and toss the apple fries in the mixture.
- Serve with warm caramel sauce, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.