Air Fryer Apple Roses are sweet apple slices held together with fluffy puff pastry to form a gorgeous-looking apple dessert. With flavors of cinnamon, apples, powdered sugar wrapped in a golden brown crust, these air fryer apple roses taste amazing!
Air Fryer Apple Roses look fancy and eloquent, like something you would find in a 5 star restaurant when really, you just whipped them up in your kitchen! Honestly, this unique, easy dessert idea is really fun to make and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or professional baking skills.
If love apple desserts, then you’ll love our other air fryer apple recipes!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Apple Roses
- Only 7 minutes cook time in the air fryer! Baked apple roses in the oven would take 45 minutes to cook.
- Absolutely delicious dessert that’s not too sweet.
- Serve these cute flower desserts with ice cream for a great way to get the kids to eat more fruit.
- Show off a different and unique fruit dessert dish for your next gathering.
Sprinkled with powdered sugar on top for the perfect extra finish, serve these Air Fryer Apple Roses for a Valentine’s Day dessert or anniversary dinner dessert.
While you’re thinking about making apple desserts, add this easy apple dump cake with fresh apples to your must-try list!
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
How to Make Apple Roses with Puff Pastry
The puff pastry is actually what holds the apple rose pieces together. Each strip of puff pastry is stuffed with apple slices then rolled up.
These pastry sheets expand and “puff up” as they bake in the air fryer and hold the cut apples together to form this apple rose treat.
It’s really quite simple!
- Sharp Knife
- Fruit Scoop or a metal Measuring Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza Cutter
- Silicone Muffin Cups
- Air Fryer
Apple Roses Recipe Ingredients
3 FUJI APPLES: These are the perfect texture to use in your roses, but you can swap them out for other apple choices, like a Granny Smith apple (which will have a more tart flavor) or Pink Lady apples.
1 Tbsp LEMON JUICE: Adding lemon juice on the sliced apples helps prevent them from changing color and texture.
2 PUFF PASTRY SHEETS: Each puff pastry sheet will be cut into strips to wrap around the apple slices to form the roses.
FLOUR: This is to just help prep your workstation and prevent the dough from sticking to the cutting board.
3 Tbsp CINNAMON: Ground cinnamon is used to sprinkle on the apple slices for an extra burst of flavor.
POWDERED SUGAR: You don’t need much, just enough to sprinkle on top of the roses for decoration and added sweet flavor.
HONEY DRIZZLE (optional): For an extra dose of sweetness, drizzle a little honey on top. You can also use a caramel sauce, maple syrup or agave. YUM!
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Roses
STEP 1: Use a sharp knife for slicing apples in half. Then use a small fruit scoop or a metal measuring spoon to core out the middle and remove all the seeds. Next, cut the apple slices as thin as possible and place them in a large microwavable bowl.
STEP 2: Add lemon juice and water to the bowl, using enough water to cover the apple slices so they float.
STEP 3: Place bowl of apples in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until the apple slices are soft and easy to work with.
STEP 4: While these are cooking, prep your work surface by flouring a flat surface , such as a cutting board, lightly.
STEP 5: On your floured surface roll out one pastry sheet. Roll it with the rolling pin a few times, just enough to evenly flatten the sheets. Use a pizza cutter to cut the sheet of puff pastry into 6 slices.
STEP 6: Take the slices of apple out of the microwave and drain the lemon water.
STEP 7: Grab one of the slices of your pastry sheet and place an apple slice horizontally with the skin side (round part) just outside of the edge of the puff pastry dough sheet. Take your next slice and do the same thing but slightly overlap your previous apple slice.
Repeat this until all of the pasty sheets are lined with apple slices.
STEP 8: Sprinkle them with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
STEP 9: Take the bottom part of the dough and fold it up to line itself evenly with the pastry sheet underneath, essentially folding the pastry sheet in half, over the apple slices.
STEP 10: Roll the pastry sheet and apple slices from end-to-end and pinch the ends of the puff pastry together.
STEP 11: Place your rolled up apple pastry in a silicone cupcake liner (or small muffin tin) and place into the air fryer basket.
STEP 12: Repeat until all 12 roses have been made. Depending on the size of your air fryer and how many apple roses you are making, you’ll need to work in batches to finish cooking all of them.
STEP 13: Cook the apple roses for 7 minutes at 375°F or until dough is fully baked. It should be a light golden brown.
STEP 14: Remove the finished roses from the fryer. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with honey or the sweetener you prefer.
Can You Freeze Apple Roses?
If you want to, you can freeze any leftover apple roses pastry. Place them in a freezer-safe plastic bag and remove any extra air for up to 3 months. Remove frozen apples from freezer, let thaw in the refrigerator, and reheat using the instructions below.
How to Store Air Fryer Apple Roses
Once you’ve made your roses, you should try to eat them while they’re still warm.
Leftover ones can be stored in a ziploc bag or airtight container in the refrigerator. They may keep up to a day, but should be enjoyed as soon as you can.
How to Reheat Roses
To reheat this unique treat, the easy way is to use the air fryer for a 2-4 minutes. Cook until they’re warm enough to have tender apples again and crisp puff pastry. Although the air fryer is quicker, you can also reheat these in the oven.
Hopefully, you are as excited as I am to make this easy recipe and share it with all your family and friends this holiday season. These Air Fryer Apple Roses are the perfect dessert to craft up when you’re celebrating a special occasion!
- 3 Red Fuji Apples
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- Flour to sprinkle on work space
- 3 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar for decorating
- Honey to drizzle on top (optional)
- Slice apples in half. Scoop out the apple core from the middle, removing all seeds. Cut the apple slices as thin as possible and place them in a large microwavable bowl.
- Add lemon juice and water to the bowl, using enough water to cover the apple slices so they float.
- Place bowl of apples in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until apple slices are soft and easy to work with.
- Prep a large cutting board by lightly flouring it so the puff pastry won't stick to the cutting board.
- On your floured surface roll out one pastry sheet. Roll it with the rolling pin to evenly flatten the sheets. Use a pizza cutter to cut the sheet of puff pastry into 6 slices.
- Take the slices of apple out of the microwave and drain the lemon water.
- Use one slice of pastry sheet and place an apple slice horizontally with the skin side (round part) just outside of the edge of the puff pastry dough sheet. Take your next apple slice and do the same thing but slightly overlap your previous apple slice. Repeat this until the pasty sheet is lined with apple slices.
- Sprinkle apple slices with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- Take the bottom part of the dough and fold it up in half, over the apple slices.
- Roll the pastry sheet and apple slices from end-to-end and pinch the ends of the puff pastry together.
- Place your rolled up apple pastry in a silicone muffin cup and place into the air fryer basket.
- Repeat until all 12 roses have been made. Depending on the size of your air fryer and how many apple roses you are making, you'll need to work in batches to finish cooking all of them.
- Cook the apple roses for 7 minutes at 375°F or until dough is fully baked. It should be a light golden brown.
- Remove the finished roses from the air fryer. Dust with powdered sugar and (optionally) drizzle with honey.
See recipe post for tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.