Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls can be found on restaurant menus like Cheesecake Factory, but ours are not only cheaper, but wayyyy better.
Crunchy egg roll wrappers with glorious creamy tender insides, packed with sun dried tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and creamy avocado waiting to be dipped in sweet chili sauce.
If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer, you’ll love these healthier air fryer avocado egg rolls.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls
- Air Fried Egg Rolls fried to a perfect golden brown
- Fantastic appetizer that’s ready in 15 minutes
- You’ll use less oil which makes them healthier and there is no need to dispose of all the extra oil. Deep frying causes the egg roll wraps to absorb extra fat from the oil, where this recipe only uses a light spray of olive oil.
- Avocados are a good source of healthy fats.
- If you like guacamole and avocado, you’re going to love this great appetizer
Just like our Air Fryer Southwest Egg Rolls, this air fryer recipe uses less oil and has a faster cook time than traditional egg rolls. These (almost) copycat Cheesecake Factory’s avocado egg rolls are truly delicious!
Air Fryer Avocado Egg Roll Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make your new favorite appetizer, crispy avocado egg rolls:
AVOCADOS: You’ll need to pick a few ripe avocados. Choose large avocados for this recipe. Tips for finding the perfect avocado can be found below.
DRIED MINCED ONION: This brings a slightly toasted and sweet flavor to the dish.
CILANTRO: Fresh cilantro really brings out a fresh flavor that cilantro lovers will love.
SUN DRIED TOMATO: These pack a punch of tomato flavoring that you don’t want to miss out on.
SALT AND BLACK PEPPER: Just a pinch and a dash, season to your taste.
EGG ROLL WRAPPER: You can find egg roll wrappers in the frozen and refrigerated section of your grocery store. You can also use spring roll wrappers or wonton wrappers (as they’re made from the same ingredients as egg roll wrappers). But, wonton wrappers are smaller than and egg roll wrapper. Adjust accordingly if you use the smaller size.
OLIVE OIL SPRAY: To lightly spray the inside of you air fryer basket and the egg rolls. If you don’t have olive oil spray, you can use a pastry brush to lightly coat the outside of the egg roll wrappers.
SWEET CHILI SAUCE: You may see this also referred to as Asian Sweet Chili sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce.
- Not everybody loves fresh cilantro, so you can omit if necessary.
- If you’re not a fan of sun dried tomatoes, replace with red onion and skip the dried minced onion.
- Love Garlic? Then add a little garlic powder to the avocado filling.
- Like a lime tang? Squeeze fresh lime juice in with the avocado mixture.
- Use a spring roll wrapper instead of an egg roll wrapper if you want a dough that is made without eggs.
This recipe will make 6-8 egg rolls depending how stuffed you make them. Here are the step-by- step instructions to make some delicious air fryer avocado egg rolls:
STEP 1: Pull out the cutting board and cut the avocados in half. Spoon out the insides on to the cutting board and dice. Place in a medium bowl.
STEP 2: Chop cilantro into small pieces.
STEP 3: To make the avocado mixture, combine avocado with onion, cilantro, sun dried tomato, and salt & pepper until it’s well combined with the avocado.
STEP 4: Lay your wrappers on a flat surface, in a diamond shape and add a few tablespoons of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
STEP 5: Fold in 3 sides of the egg roll in wrappers then roll the wrappers closed. Use a little water to dab on the wrapper to seal the edges.
STEP 6: Pre-heat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (usually 1-2 minutes, but may vary by air fryer model).
Step 7: Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place egg rolls inside in a single layer (make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket). Spray the top and sides of the egg rolls with a little extra oil.
STEP 8: Air fry avocado egg rolls at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Make sure to flip egg rolls halfway through to get a more evenly crispy outside.
You know they are done when you have crispy egg rolls that are golden brown.
STEP 9: Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
There are a number of great dipping sauce choices you can use. Here are a few to try:
- Sour Cream
- Salsa (check out this amazing and easy Blender Salsa made with all fresh ingredients ).
- Cilantro Honey dipping sauce
How to Find The Perfect Avocado
Finding a ripe avocado for this avocado egg roll recipe can be like finding gold sometimes. Here are some things to look for and tips to help you find the best avocado:
- Check for bruising or cracks- if the avocado has mushy brown spots it is overripe.
- Stem check- press down on the stem of the avocado and if it leaves a dent, it’s also overripe.
- Firmness- do the gentle pressure test. Don’t use your fingers to press into it as you can easily bruise it. Instead, use your palm to gently squeeze it. If it yields, it’s ripe, if it doesn’t it’ll still need a few days to ripen.
- Color- when picking Hass avocados, pick an avocado with a rich dark green color, even dark almost black avocados will do. Most often ripe avocados are dark in color. Light green avocados aren’t usually ripe enough.
How to Ripen an Avocado
If your avocados are still light green and hard, you can speed up the ripening process by placing them in a brown paper bag.
Avocados ripen faster in a closed paper bag because the gas they let off is captured, speeding up the process.
How to Store Homemade Egg Rolls
Any leftover egg rolls can be placed in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to Reheat Avocado Egg Rolls
Ready to enjoy some crispy Air Fryer egg rolls again?
All you have to do is reheat them and get those nice crispy outsides again:
- Preheat your air fryer to 320F (for about 2 minutes) and then reheat your avocado rolls for 3-5 minutes.
- You may want to flip them so they reheat evenly and check on them a while reheating to make sure they don’t get overcooked.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Here are a few more amazing air fryer appetizers:
Avocado egg rolls in the air fryer really are the perfect snack or delicious appetizer that only takes a few minutes and with a few simple ingredients.
Serve these up at your next party, guest will love these as an appetizer. Plus, air fryer avocado egg rolls are easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner for two.
- 3 - 4 Avocados, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Minced Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Cilantro, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- Cut the avocados in half. Spoon out the insides on to a cutting board and dice. Place in a medium bowl.
- Chop cilantro into small pieces.
- Add onion, cilantro, sun dried tomato, and salt & pepper to the bowl of avocado. Stir until well combined.
- Lay wrappers on a flat surface, in a diamond shape. Add a few tablespoons of avocado mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold in 3 sides of the egg roll in wrappers, then roll closed. Seal edges with a dabs of water.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (usually 1-2 minutes, but may vary by air fryer model).
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place egg rolls inside in a single layer. Spray the top and sides of the egg rolls with a little extra oil.
- Air fry avocado egg rolls at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Flip egg rolls halfway. Air fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
See recipe post for tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 14gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.