Air Fryer Avocado Fries are a tasty way to enjoy lightly fried avocado slices breaded with panko breadcrumbs. Dip these avocado fries in a fantastic homemade spicy ranch dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer.
These Air Fryer Avocado (aka air fryer avocado fries) are made for every avocado lover out there and this recipe is absolutely delicious. You’re in good company because I love avocados too!
Crunchy, crispy outsides with glorious, creamy and tender insides, air fried avocado slices make an extremely tasty snack. They’re also a fantastic side dish for these Air Fryer Ground Chicken Burgers!
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make these avocado fries, how fast they come together, and how absolutely fantastic they are.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Avocados are a great source of potassium, healthy fats, and are rich in fiber and high in vitamin B (folate).
- These delicious snacks are air fried to the perfect golden brown crispiness with a creamy center.
- Got picky kiddos? Great way to hide some healthy food for kids by disguising them as “fries”. With a golden and crispy outer layer, they’ll love ’em.
- Air fryer avocado is an easy appetizer or side dish recipe.
- The perfect way to use up avocados that may otherwise go bad.
- Healthier than using the deep fryer because you’ll use a lot less oil.
After your appetizer of avocado fries, grab your air fryer to make a Cheese Quesadilla to share and you’ll have a filling meal that’s perfect for two.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
Air fryers are perfect for making delicious recipes for appetizers! Here’s more great recipes to try:
How to Pick the Perfect Avocado
The best avocados are perfectly ripe or slightly under ripe.
- The avocado should have just a slight give when pushing on the exterior.
- Typically, the avocado will have a darker color skin. If they are green, they haven’t ripened yet. Make sure it isn’t too dark, almost black. Although it isn’t a 100%, it means it’s too ripe.
- Stay away from mushy avocados. they simply won’t hold up when you’re making air fryer avocado fries.
Why Air Fried Avocado is Better Than Oven Baked
The magic is in how the air fryer cooks. It circulates hot air all around the food and quickly crisps the outside without drying out the inside.
If you laid avocado fries on a baking sheet and cooked them in the oven, to get the same degree of crispiness, the insides will not be near as creamy.
The other option is deep frying which produces great results, but your avocado soaks up all that oil making them unhealthy.
- Air Fryer
- Cutting Board
- 3 Bowls
Here’s everything you’ll need to create tasty air fryer avocado fries.
FRESH AVOCADOS: You need three ripe avocados and you’ll slice them thick. I like to cut the avocado in half and then cut them twice more.
PANKO BREADCRUMBS: Panko crumbs are my favorite to get extra crispy and golden brown air fryer avocado fries. They are a little larger and flakier than regular breadcrumbs, but you can also use Italian or regular breadcrumbs if desired.
PARMESAN CHEESE: I use freshly grated Parmesan cheese to mix in with the panko breadcrumbs to create the perfect breading for a crispy air fryer avocado fries.
SALT & BLACK PEPPER: To taste. I simply use table salt, but you can use kosher salt for a coarser texture.
EGGS: For an egg wash to help the breadcrumb mixture stick to the avocado slices.
CILANTRO (optional): Fresh cilantro chopped adds more flavor. As everyone does not like cilantro, this is an optional ingredient.
OLIVE OIL SPRAY: Use an olive oil spray or a nonstick spray to help crisp up the panko breadcrumbs coating.
Cilantro Lime Ranch Dip Ingredients (Optional)
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this semi-homemade dipping sauce recipe. This is one of my family’s favorite dips and it tastes amazing with air fryer avocados.
RANCH DRESSING: You can use your own homemade version or the store bought dressing. For a healthier alternative, you can replace this with greek yogurt.
LIME JUICE: Freshly squeezed lime juice is best in this homemade dressing, but you can also use the kind in the plastic container if absolutely needed.
CILANTRO: More chopped cilantro goes in this dipping sauce. If you love cilantro, this whole recipe is for you!
HOT SAUCE: You can adjust this as necessary. If you like hot and spicy sauce, feel free to add more of your favorite hot sauce. Just want a hint of heat? Use less hot sauce. Or opt out completely.
How to Make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
STEP 1: If you are making the Cilantro Lime Ranch dip, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
STEP 2: Cut your avocados into thick slices. First, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed, Take each avocado half and slice into 3-5 pieces (depending on the size of your avocado).
STEP 3: In a shallow bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper until everything is well combined.
STEP 4: Using in a separate bowl, whisk two large eggs.
STEP 5: Dip the avocado slices in your egg mixture then into the panko mixture, completely coating the avocado slice. Continue until you’ve completed your assembly line.
Tip: Slightly press your coating into the avocado slices to help it stick better.
STEP 6: Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 F degrees. Remove the air fryer basket and lightly spray the bottom with nonstick spray.
Tip: Preheating should take 1-2 minutes (varies by the different air fryers on the market).
STEP 7: Place the breaded avocado fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Lightly spray the tops of the avocado slices with more olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
STEP 8: Air fry for 6 minutes or until you have a crispy golden brown outside. Carefully remove the air fryer avocado fries from the basket (use tongs). Place them on a serving plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Add other spices you love! A little chili powder for a kick or garlic powder for a new flavor combination.
- Use different flavors of breadcrumbs for a fun new recipe.
What to Serve With Tasty Avocado Fries
- Replace regular fries with air fryer avocado fries when serving hamburgers, like these Chicken Burgers, sandwiches, etc..
- Make an avocado appetizer plate along with these Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls.
- Serve up these Air Fryer Mexican Wings.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
You can add your favorite dipping sauce for dipping these slices of avocados in. Here are a few tasty ideas:
- Buffalo Ranch
- Chipotle Mayo
- BBQ Sauce
- Sriracha Spicy Ranch
- Regular Ranch Dip
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Avocado Fries
If you have any leftover avocado fries you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can also freeze them in a freezer safe bag for 1-2 months. To thaw them out, simply remove them from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
How To Reheat Avocado Fries
To bring these crisp air fryer avocado fries back to life, you should reheat them in the air fryer on 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
You want to make sure they have a nice creamy inside with the perfect crisp exterior.
Air frying avocados are the perfect healthy snack you didn’t know you needed! These Air Fryer Avocados are a delicious finger food for an appetizer, snack or side dish. You can’t go wrong with these!
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- 3 large Avocados, sliced thick
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- Nonstick spray
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional )
- If you are making the Cilantro Lime Ranch dip, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut your avocados into thick slices. First, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed, Take each avocado half and slice into 3-5 pieces (depending on the size of your avocado).
- In a shallow bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper until everything is well combined.
- Using in a separate bowl, whisk two large eggs.
- Dip the avocado slices in your egg mixture then into the panko mixture, completely coating the avocado slice. Continue until you've completed your assembly line. Slightly press your coating into the avocado slices to help it stick better.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 F degrees. Remove the air fryer basket and lightly spray the bottom with nonstick spray. Preheating should take 1-2 minutes (varies by the different air fryers on the market).
- Place the breaded avocado fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Lightly spray the tops of the avocado slices with more olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 6 minutes or until you have a crispy golden brown outside. Carefully remove the air fryer avocado fries from the basket (use tongs). Place them on a serving plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve with dipping sauce.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 886mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 12gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.