Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts are a delicious sweet treat you can serve for an easy breakfast or dessert. You only need 4 ingredients to make these flaky air fryer donuts. Start with canned biscuits, use non-stick cooking spray then top with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles. These donuts will be ready in a flash!
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts are going to revolutionize the way you make one of America’s favorite treats!
I absolutely love using my air fryer for all kinds of easy recipes such as snacks, sweet treats, and meals. Biscuit donuts are always a favorite and we switch out between this sprinkle donut recipe and these Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (yum!).
Want a richer donut dessert? Then you’ve got to try this Donut Strawberry Shortcake recipe!
While I’ll admit that an air fryer has its strengths and weaknesses, making the perfect biscuit donut is for sure a strength of this small kitchen appliance! The hot air circulating around the flaky biscuit donut dough cooks them quickly and evenly.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- These tasty warm donuts are made of canned biscuit dough that’s already conveniently shaped into rounds. All we need to do is cut out the middle to make the donut shape and make sure to save the extra dough for doughnut holes.
- Biscuit donuts are a much flakier type of donut which is just too delicious for words.
- If that’s not enough, I’ve decorated these air fryer biscuit donuts with vanilla frosting and cheerful rainbow sprinkles to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- They look fantastic, taste even better, and can be enjoyed within 20 minutes or less!
What Are Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts?
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts offer an alternative way to cook your donuts without the traditional deep frying that can be quite messy at times and require your full attention when using hot oil. This recipe also replaces regular donut dough with canned biscuits.
A new tasting donut, it’s definitely different than deep fried homemade donuts or donuts from your favorite donut shop. These fluffy, buttery biscuits with creamy vanilla icing are worth adding to your favorite easy air fryer recipes.
It’s a super easy and convenient way to whip up a batch of delicious air fryer donuts in no time at all!
More Delicious Air Fryer Desserts To Try
Air Fryer Cinnamon Donuts – air fryer donuts with a cinnamon sugar mixture that’s incredibly delish.
Air Fryer Baked Apples with Cinnamon & Pecans – try these amazing baked apples with cinnamon pecan crumble topping.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Roll Ups – easy apple pie dessert using tortillas.
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies – another easy individual dessert idea with only 3 ingredients!
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies – 3 ingredient delicious air fryer cookies.
Air Fryer Frozen Waffles – sometimes you need breakfast fast!
No time to make air fryer donuts right now? Save it for later and Pin it!
All you need are 4 simple ingredients to make this delectable air fryer donuts recipe:
- 1 Can of Biscuits (8 biscuits if using Grands biscuits or jumbo biscuits)
- Cooking Spray
- Vanilla Frosting
- Rainbow Sprinkles
How to Make Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
Here are the easy step-by-step directions for easy air fryer donuts:
Step 1: Use a 1 inch round small circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to cut out small holes in the center of the biscuits.
Tip: If you don’t have a small biscuit cutter, grab a standard-size shot glass or the bottle cap from a soda bottle and use it to cut out the centers.
Step 2: Whatever you do, don’t throw away the middle of the donut dough leftover from preparing your air fryer donuts! The dough from the center of each biscuit can also be cooked in the air fryer as biscuit donut bites. Definitely serve these air fryer donut holes alongside the regular sized donuts. Trust me, your family will thank you!
Simply roll the cutout dough into a ball to make donut holes and include these with your donuts.
Step 3: Pre-heat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Pre-heating usually takes 2 minutes in most air fryers.
Step 4: Lightly spray the donuts and donut holes with non-stick olive oil spray.
Step 5: Air fry for 4 – 6 minutes until the biscuits have reached a golden brown. If your donut holes seem to be cooking faster, remove them after 4 minutes and continue with the donuts.
Tip: Use tongs to remove the hot donuts from the air fryer basket.
Tip: All air fryers have a little different cooking time. Check the progress of your donuts after 4 minutes and if they aren’t ready, continue to air fry for 1-2 more minutes. There is no harm in opening the air fryer and checking to make sure your donuts don’t get overcooked.
Step 6: Remove the donuts from the air fryer basket and place them on a cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes until they reach room temperature. If the biscuit donuts are too warm, the icing will melt.
Step 7: Add a solid layer of vanilla frosting on top of the donuts and donut holes.
Step 8: Cover with sprinkles. Liberally!
Tip: Make sure you have to add a sheet of parchment paper under the donuts or place them on a baking sheet before sprinkling so you can easily catch all the sprinkles that fall off.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- While I haven’t specified the brand of canned biscuits to use, my go-to brand is Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers. The biscuit dough comes in a can of 8 biscuits and is trusted by many when making home-baked treats.
- Want to save a little change? Use the Great Value brand of Grand Biscuits from Walmart. These taste almost exactly like the Pillsbury brand.
- Using a cooking spray to lightly coat your donuts is a great way to ensure that your donuts remain light and flaky. Alternatively, you can brush them with melted butter. This works great! Just be careful, using too much butter can result in soggy donuts.
- Don’t stack your donuts in the air fryer basket. The air needs to circulate around all the dough. Make sure to keep them in a single layer. Simply make more than one batch if needed.
What Variations Can I Make To Air Fryer Donuts?
I’m glad you asked! There are so many ways that you can vary this recipe to make all kinds of air fryer biscuit donuts. Consider these variations:
- Ditch the frosting and sprinkles and opt to cover your biscuit donuts with cinnamon sugar coating as I’ve done with my Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts!
- Use a different flavor of frosting such as Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Strawberry Frosting, a decadent Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Frosting or make your own chocolate glaze.
- Decorate your air fryer biscuit donuts to match a specific holiday or event such as green frosting with orange and purple sprinkles for Halloween or vanilla frosting with red and green sprinkles for Christmas.
- Create sugar powdered biscuit donuts by tossing your freshly cooked donuts in a small bowl with a simple powdered sugar mix.
- Use Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers, Honey Butter biscuits instead of the original canned biscuit dough for another level of flavor!
How To Store Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
These donuts can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container like most other donuts. Since these air fryer donuts have been frosted, if you do have leftover donuts, it’s best not to reheat them.
Who would have thought air fryer donuts from biscuits would be so yummy? Serve these fluffy donuts for a quick and easy air fryer dessert, any day of the week treat or even a birthday breakfast. How special would it be to wake up your favorite person on their birthday with Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts?
- 1 Can of Grands Biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
- 16 oz Vanilla Frosting
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Cut out a hole in the center of the biscuits using a 1 inch round biscuit cutter.
- Roll the cut out dough into balls to make biscuit donut bites.
- Pre-heat air fryer (approximately 2 minutes) to 350 degrees.
- Place donuts and donut holes in air fryer basket and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Let donuts cool on cooling rack.
- Spread frosting on top.
- Add sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.