Air Fryer Diced Potatoes are one of the easiest air fryer recipes that you will fall in love with. Tender white potatoes are cut up into perfect bite-size pieces then seasoned and air fried to a golden brown perfection. These versatile crispy potatoes are absolutely wonderful and one of my favorite potatoes recipe.
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes are a hit on the breakfast plate. While you’re making your breakfast spread of eggs, bacon and pancakes, pop these air fryer diced potatoes in for just a quick 20 minute cook time.
These air fryer diced potatoes aren’t just for breakfast! Our family loves air fryer potato recipes and we serve these diced potato recipe as a side dish too. They go amazing served alongside a Chicken Burger or Air Fryer Tilapia. The list of things you can toss these Air Fried Cajun Potatoes with is endless!
While we’re talking about potatoes, here’s another family favorite – these tender Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes are a very flavorful side dish too.
Why You’ll Love Diced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- This recipe is easily adaptable and can be a side dish for so many types of recipes.
- They’re ready in 20 minutes, that’s faster than it takes you to prep and bake them in the oven. Plus, it takes less effort than it takes to fry them in a traditional deep fryer!
- Not to mention how much healthier they are than traditional deep fried potatoes. These diced potatoes use way less oil and have less saturated fat than regular cubed potatoes or even deep fried french fries.
- Great alternative to serving french fries!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
Is this Recipe Gluten Free?
Yes! Most butters and cajun seasoning are gluten free. Of course, there are exceptions so be sure to check the labels.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Basting Brush
- Measuring Spoon
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes Ingredients
You only need 3 ingredients for these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes – get more info on them in the recipe card below.
POTATOES: I use white russet potatoes, but you can also use red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, or a sweet potato.
CAJUN SEASONING: Using this seasoning brings a ton of flavor, but you can swap it out for other seasonings, like garlic powder, Italian seasoning or use the rosemary seasoning from this air fryer roasted potato recipe.
BUTTER: This recipe calls for one stick or half a cup of butter, melted. You can use more or less as you see fit. Instead of butter, you may also use vegetable oils such as avocado oil or coconut oil for healthier alternatives.
SALT & PEPPER (OPTIONAL): Simply add salt and pepper to taste after the potatoes are air fried.
Thoroughly wash your potatoes and pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
Here are the step-by-step simple instructions:
STEP 1: Dice your potatoes. The smaller you dice them, the crispier they’ll be. Make sure your potato cubes are fairly uniform in size so they will all cook at the same rate of time.
STEP 2: Place your cubed potatoes in a bowl or directly on an air fryer rack, air fryer basket, or in the tray and brush with melted butter. Your potatoes should be mostly in a single layer, try not to stack them.
STEP 3: Sprinkle on as much Cajun seasoning (or other seasoning mix) as you like.
STEP 4: Air fry your potatoes at 375 F for 15 minutes.
STEP 5: Use a spatula to flip or stir your potatoes after the 15 minutes. Again make sure they are in even layer.
STEP 6: Air fry for another 5 minutes cook time, or until the potato skin is crispy and the insides are fluffy.
- If you want Air Fryer breakfast potatoes, I suggest adding green onion, diced white onion, chopped bell peppers, and salt and black pepper to your crispy breakfast potato mix. The cook time is the same!
- If you like spicy crispy food, make sure to add a dash of hot sauce to your diced potatoes before air frying.
Can You Use Frozen Potatoes?
I prefer to use fresh potatoes in this delicious side dish, but if you are in a pinch you can use a bag of frozen diced potatoes.
However, make sure to thaw them before you use them in the Air Fryer. They can retain too much water when frozen and not get as crispy as you’d like. Once they’re thawed, use a kitchen towel or paper towel to pat dray any extra water before air frying them.
How to Store
To store any leftover air fryer diced potatoes, put them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
For best results, to reheat your potatoes, toss them back in the Air Fryer for 3-5 minutes at 375F until warmed through. You can also pop them in the oven for a few minutes, but air frying them will get them back to that crispy texture you had the first time. You may need to adjust cooking time as needed either way to get them warm and crispy again.
How to Use Leftover Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- These are excellent in breakfast tacos with egg and cheese wrapped in a warm tortilla.
- Add them into a breakfast frittata.
- Add leftover diced potatoes to a bowl of soup for a heartier meal.
- Make sure to put your diced potatoes in a single layer so the fryer has enough room to circulate the hot air around to evenly cook everything.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce such as ranch dressing or ketchup.
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes really are the perfect side dish. They’re so versatile and one of my favorite Air Fryer recipes. They are great for busy weeknights when you just need a quick and easy side dish to serve with your main meal. Using an Air Fryer really gets them to crispy perfection.
- 6 White Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter, melted
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes and pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
How to Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Dice your potatoes. The smaller you dice them, the crispier they'll be. Make sure your potato cubes are fairly uniform in size so they will all cook at the same rate of time.
- Place your cubed potatoes in a bowl or directly on an air fryer rack, air fryer basket, or in the tray and brush with melted butter. Your potatoes should be mostly in a single layer, try not to stack them.
- Sprinkle on Cajun seasoning (or other seasoning mix) to cover the diced potatoes.
- Air fry your potatoes at 375 F for 15 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip or stir your potatoes in the air fryer basket. Again, make sure they are in a single layer.
- Air fry for another 5 minutes cook time, until the potato skins are crispy and the insides are fluffy.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.