Air Fryer Egg Bites are a fantastic protein packed addition to add to your family breakfast options. These fluffy egg bites are loaded with sausage, eggs and hash browns, but and are easily customized with a variety of ingredients so you can make them exactly how you’ll love them!
Air Fryer Egg Bites are the perfect breakfast that’s easy to make and delicious to eat! This protein-packed breakfast is a great way to start your day.
These delicious bites are great for busy mornings when you need a nutritious breakfast on the go. I often make a batch on the weekend and have leftovers for a few days for busy weekday mornings! They’re also perfect for a leisurely weekend brunch or as a mid-day snack to keep you fueled throughout the day.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Egg Bites Recipe
These are the best egg bites! Full of flavor and an easy breakfast, here’s why your family will love them as much as we do:
- With ground breakfast sausage and whole eggs, these Air Fryer Egg Bites are a high protein breakfast to keep you full and energized throughout the day.
- You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy healthy breakfast recipe.
- Great meal-prep option. Make ahead of time and simply reheat.
- Easy to customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Cooking the egg bites in an air fryer gives them a cheesy, crispy top while keeping the inside fluffy and moist.
- Using silicone egg bite molds or silicone liners makes cleaning up a breeze.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more air fryer breakfast options? Here are a few favorites:
Egg dishes turn out amazing in the air fryer! Just like this easy, crispy and flaky Egg Puff Recipe made with eggs, puff pastry and an amazing mix of seasonings.
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Jumbo muffin liners or silicone cups (here are the silicone egg mold cups I used)
With simple ingredients and an easy cooking process, you’ll be enjoying fluffy egg bites with a crispy top in no time.
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE: adds savory and slightly spicy flavor to these egg bites! I’m using ground sausage to make sausage patties. Feel free to buy pre-cooked breakfast sausage if you prefer.
SHREDDED HASH BROWN POTATOES (optional): deliciously crispy texture and adds a subtle earthy taste to the egg bites. If you’re on a keto diet, skip these!
SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE: cheesy inside and out, plus the cheese helps bind the ingredients together.
ONION POWDER: a light hint of onion flavor.
SALT: enhances the flavors of all the ingredients and salt always help balance out the flavors.
PEPPER: adds a subtle heat and depth.
OLIVE OIL: helps to crisp up the hash brown mixture and prevent sticking in the air fryer basket.
LARGE EGGS: the main ingredient of the dish, providing protein
DRIED PARSLEY: for garnish, it adds a fresh and bright flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Egg Bites
STEP 1: If you’re making your own sausage patties, divide the breakfast sausage meat into 12 patties.
STEP 2: Place the sausage patties in the air fryer basket at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Once the sausage is cooked, set aside.
TIP: I do cover my air fryer plate with foil and use a non-stick cooking spray for easier clean up. If you don’t use foil, your cook time might be slightly shorter.
STEP 3: In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, 2 cups of cheese, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
STEP 4: Place 2-3 tablespoons of the hash brown mixture into each jumbo muffin liner or silicone cup along the base of the silicone cup.
STEP 5: Place the silicone molds in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the hash browns begin to brown and crisp up.
STEP 6: Remove the air fryer basket, and place one sausage patty into each cup. Be sure to it down into the silicone mold.
STEP 7: Crack one egg over each cup and sprinkle with cheese.
STEP 8: Continue to cook at 350°F for 10 minutes (or less for a softer yolk).
STEP 9: Garnish with parsley and serve with hot sauce or ketchup for an added kick of flavor.
When it comes to making Air Fryer Egg Bites, the options are practically endless. Here are a few ideas for additions and substitutions:
- Add garlic powder, diced bell pepper, green onions or spinach for some extra flavor and nutrition
- Make egg white bites! Use egg whites instead of whole eggs for a lower carb option.
- You can substitute ground breakfast sausage for cooked bacon, diced ham, or turkey sausage.
- For a low carb or keto-friendly recipe, you can skip the hash browns.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, try feta cheese, goat cheese or a combination of different cheeses you love.
Storing Leftover Egg Bites
Let the cooked egg bites cool down to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag (or any freezer-safe container) and freeze for up to 2 months.
Leftover Air Fryer Egg Bites are the most delicious grab and go air fryer breakfasts!
How to Reheat
To reheat, simply microwave them for 30-60 seconds or place them in the air fryer at 350°F for a cook time of 5-6 minutes until heated through.
Air Fryer Egg Bites are the best thing to happen to air fryer breakfasts. With their simple ingredients, easy cooking process, and delicious flavor, they’re the perfect addition to you breakfast menu.
- 1 lb Ground Breakfast Sausage (or pre-made breakfast sausage patties)
- 3 cups Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 3/4 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, , divided
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 Large Eggs
- Garnish with Dried Parsley
- If you're making your own sausage patties, divide the breakfast sausage meat into 12 patties.
- Place the sausage patties in the air fryer basket at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Once the sausage is cooked, set aside. TIP: I do cover my air fryer plate with foil and use a non-stick cooking spray for easier clean up. If you don't use foil, your cook time might be slightly shorter.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, 2 cups of cheese, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the hash brown mixture into each jumbo muffin liner or silicone cup along the base of the silicone cup.
- Place the silicone molds in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the hash browns begin to brown and crisp up.
- Remove the air fryer basket, and place one sausage patty into each cup. Be sure to it down into the silicone mold.
- Crack one egg over each cup and sprinkle with cheese.Continue to cook at 350°F for 10 minutes (or less for a softer yolk).
- Garnish with parsley and serve with hot sauce or ketchup for an added kick of flavor.
Please see recipe post for variations and substitutuions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 244mgSodium: 957mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.