If you’re looking for an exciting breakfast recipe, this Air Fryer English Muffin Breakfast Pizza is exactly what you’ve been looking for. English muffin halves create your crispy crusts with a sausage gravy pizza sauce and delicious pizza toppings. This easy recipe combines fluffy scrambled eggs, crunchy bacon, and yummy shredded cheddar cheese.
If you enjoyed our other Breakfast Pizza Recipe, then I know you’re going to love this easy English Muffin Breakfast Pizza! They’re easy enough to make that even your kids can help.
Making mini pizzas are a great way to get kids learning and involved in the kitchen.
But these aren’t just served for breakfast on those busy mornings, these air fryer pizzas can be an after-school easy snack or a weeknight easy dinner idea for those busy nights when you need something super simple yet yummy at the same time.
You can’t go wrong with breakfast for dinner as a quick meal!
Are you a big fan of easy meals for breakfast? Then you have to try these Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts. It’s so easy and fun to make your own donuts and they’re something the whole family will line up for.
Or serve up this delicious homemade Air Fryer French Toast which is absolutely amazing!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas Ingredients
All you need are a few ingredients for this great recipe!
ENGLISH MUFFINS: Take your whole English muffins then cut the muffins in half to use them as your pizza crusts. Use your favorite type of English muffins, such as whole wheat, multi-grain, or the standard sourdough – which is what I love for this recipe.
SAUSAGE GRAVY: I love an easy recipe, so I use store-bought sausage gravy to make this a quick meal. You can always make my own sausage gravy beforehand.
CHEDDAR CHEESE: Shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese are my favorites on these personal breakfast pizzas.
BACON: You can cook your own bacon ahead of time in a skillet or in the air fryer. Another option is to use bacon bits to pull this recipe together fast.
SCRAMBLED EGGS: Make scrambled eggs exactly how you like them. But know that you can also use egg whites if you prefer.
How to Make Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza
Love an easy air fryer recipe? Then you’ll be amazed at how quickly these come together as well as the quick cook time.
STEP 1: Prep your ingredients. Scramble your eggs and fry your bacon. You can get crispy bacon using a large skillet or you can actually cook them up in the air fryer first.
STEP 2: Cut your English muffins in half. Take one English muffin half and add a layer of sausage gravy on top, just like you would with a pizza or tomato sauce on regular pizzas.
STEP 3: Sprinkle cheddar cheese and top with scrambled eggs and bacon.
STEP 4: Next, preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F for a couple of minutes (most air fryers need about 2 minutes to preheat).Sprinkle cheddar cheese and top with scrambled eggs and bacon.
STEP 5: Place personal pizzas in Air Fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes cooking time or until the cheese has fully melted.
Can You Prep this Ahead of Time?
If possible, I try to prep and cook the ingredients ahead of time. Then all you have to do is assemble the easy breakfast pizzas right when you’re ready to heat them up in the air fryer.
You’ll probably need to work in batches when making this air fryer English muffin pizza recipe, depending on the size of your air fryer. So, you can assemble the next ones while the first ones are cooking.
What Other Toppings Can I Add?
Do you have other favorite toppings? You can add whatever breakfast toppings you like to your air fryer English muffin breakfast pizzas. Here are some great options to add:
- Canned mushrooms.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- A dash of garlic powder or Italian seasoning for a more bright flavor.
- Other types of shredded cheese you love.
- Breakfast sausage crumbles – simply air fry a 2-3 frozen sausages for a few minutes before building your breakfast pizza.
- Precooked mini pepperoni – there’s no reason you can’t add pepperoni to your air fryer English muffin breakfast pizza!
- Want a vegetarian option? Leave off the meats and add veggies such as chopped green bell peppers and diced tomatoes.
- Be sure to place them in a single layer an not overcrowd the basket. This makes sure the hot air can circulate all around each air fryer English muffin pizza.
- Want an extra toasty crust? Pop the English muffin halves into the air fryer basket for just a few minutes before adding all the toppings. This will make sure you get toasted English muffins.
- Add more veggies with a picco de gallo mix for a quick and easy addition of flavorful veggies.
- To make cleanup easier, you can use disposable Air Fryer Parchment Paper. Here are the ones I use, but they come in different sizes in order to fit your air fryer model.
What Should I Serve with English Muffin Pizzas?
I like to serve my own air fried English muffin pizzas with a side of fresh fruit, extra cheesy eggs or a bowl of yogurt for a complete and easy meal.
How to Store
If you have some leftover Air Fryer English muffin breakfast pizzas, simply store them in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap before storing them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. These are best served when just made so keep that in mind when deciding how many to make at one time.
How to Reheat
To reheat your leftover breakfast English muffin pizza, all you have to do is toss them back in the Air Fryer for just a few minutes at 350 degrees F. You may also choose to reheat them in the microwave but keep in mind that doing that may change the texture of some of the ingredients, especially the English muffin. It’ll become soft instead of a crisp breakfast pizza crust.
That’s the benefit of making air fryer English muffin breakfast pizza – the air fryer makes the muffin crispy!
Air Fryer English Muffin Breakfast Pizza really has become a favorite breakfast for my family. They’re so easy to make and very adaptable, making then a great breakfast option. Tasty and simple recipes like these mini breakfast pizzas make cooking up breakfast an easy meal for the entire family.
- English Muffins
- Sausage Gravy, canned or homemade
- Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon (Cooked)
- Scrambled Eggs (cooked)
- Prep your ingredients. Scramble your eggs and fry your bacon. You can get crispy bacon using a large skillet or you can actually cook them up in the air fryer first.
- Cut your English muffins in half. Take one English muffin half and add a layer of sausage gravy on top, just like you would with a pizza or tomato sauce on regular pizzas.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and top with scrambled eggs and bacon.
- Next, preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F for a couple of minutes (most air fryers need about 2 minutes to preheat).
- Place personal pizzas in Air Fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes cooking time or until the cheese has fully melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.