Air Fryer Frozen Waffles are the perfect quick breakfast or even a quick snack! In the air fryer, these turn out a little crispier than using the toaster, which makes them even more delicious!
Frozen Waffles are one of those quick and easy breakfasts that are perfect for when you need something in a hurry.
But now, gone are the days where you pop them in the toaster and end up with a partially reheated and slightly warm waffle — because we have the perfect Air Fryer Frozen Waffles recipe to use to make them perfect EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
Here’s why I love using an air fryer to make frozen waffles:
- This is a quick and easy way to make your favorite frozen waffles.
- Since they’re done so fast, using the Air Fryer for your waffles makes them the perfect option for a busy morning and to take on the go.
- For years they’ve been telling you to use the toaster or toaster oven to warm your waffles, but the air fryer actually is a perfect alternative. Of course, we can’t use the microwave to get them warm, they’d end up as soggy waffles!
- This cooking method is the best way to get crispy, warmed-through waffles without having to pull out the waffle iron to make homemade waffles.
- What I really like most about these Air Fryer Waffles is that it’s so safe and easy (3 simple steps) enough that kiddos can do it.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for some more easy Air Fryer recipes that you can make from frozen?
Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer Ingredients
All you need is your Air Fryer and a box of frozen waffles!
Doesn’t get any easier than that.
You can use whatever brand you have in the freezer. I typically use Eggo Waffles.
How Long do you Cook Frozen Eggo Waffles in an Air Fryer?
Frozen waffles need to cook 6 minutes in the air fryer at 360F.
Be sure to flip them after 4 minutes.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
STEP 1: Preheat the Air Fryer to 360F for one minute.
STEP 2: Add in waffles to the Air Fryer basket in a single layer. For best results, do not overlap or overcrowd them so the Air Fryer has room to circulate the hot air. They can slightly overlap on the edges, just don’t stack them or the hot air will not heat them all the way around.
STEP 3: Cook your waffles for 4 minutes, use tongs or a spatula to flip the waffles over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they reach your desired crispiness.
Pro Tip: Cook time may vary depending on your make and model of your Air Fryer. You may also need to adjust the amount of time needed if you forgot to preheat the fryer first.
Finish off your delicious breakfast of Air Fryer Frozen Waffles with a bowl of yogurt and a glass of cold milk or fresh-squeezed orange juice to start the day off right!
What to Serve on Your Waffles?
You can enjoy these Air Fryer Frozen Waffles by themselves for a super easy breakfast, or you can add toppings. Here are some of my favorite toppings to add on:
- whipped cream
- butter and maple syrup
- banana slices
- chocolate chips
- strawberries, other fresh berries, or fresh fruit
- preserves, jams, peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, and other nut butters
- a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a special treat
Side Dishes to Add
You can serve any of your favorite breakfast side dishes that you typically eat with breakfast waffles. Any of these would make a great side dish to these frozen classic waffles:
- breakfast ham
- You may need a few additional minutes of cooking time depending on the thickness of the waffles.
- You can use whatever brand you like, I used the Eggo brand, but you can use any brand of your favorite waffles.
- You can also reheat leftover homemade and even Belgian waffles this way as well!
How to Store Air Fried Waffles
Any leftover waffles can be stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Eggo Waffles
To reheat these simply repeat the steps to make them from frozen except you will most likely need to decrease the time needed.
Now you see why the Air Fryer is the perfect thing to make nice and crispy waffles again. Air Fryer Frozen Waffles can become a great breakfast again!
- 4 Frozen Waffles
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360F for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in waffles to the Air Fryer basket in a single layer. For best results, do not overlap or overcrowd them so the Air Fryer has room to circulate the hot air. They can slightly overlap on the edges, just don't stack them or the hot air will not heat them all the way around.
- Cook your waffles for 4 minutes, use tongs or a spatula to flip the waffles over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they reach your desired crispiness.
See recipe post for serving ideas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.