Air Fryer Ham Steaks are one of my favorites and I have a super easy ham recipe that is going to make your dinner routine a whole lot easier.
Ham slices paired with a brown sugar glaze that offers that sweet and savory flavor. Just four simple everyday ingredients are all you need for this tasty ham steak dinner.
Air fryer ham steaks make a delicious and quick dinner. If you haven’t been able to tell yet, I love air fryer recipes!
If you are looking for an easy way to cook up ham steaks, this is it. You get that golden color, juicy, and offers a sweet twist from the brown sugar.
What are Ham Steaks?
These the most delicious pieces of ham!
A ham steak is a thick slice of ham and it comes with the bone-in or boneless. We’re using boneless for this recipe and using the air fryer is the best way to cook them.
It’s already pre-cooked so all we need is to heat it up and add flavors. Look for packaging that says “pre-cooked”, “fully cooked” or “cured”.
Note: Gammon steaks are not pre-cooked, be sure to check the label.
Why You’ll Love these Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- Made with four simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Tasty air fryer meal that will become an instant family favorite and It’s good source of protein.
- If you are cooking for a meal for one or two, this is a great option.
- Ready in under 30 minutes, which is a perfect for those busy nights.
- Budget friendly dinner inspiration.
- Air Fryer
- Microwave Safe Small Bowl
- Basting Brush
To make delicious air fryer ham steaks, you only need 4 ingredients:
HAM STEAK: You will want to use a fully cooked ham steak that has been cured.
BUTTER: I recommend using real butter not margarine for this recipe.
BROWN SUGAR: The brown sugar creates a glaze and sweetness that will flavor the ham nicely.
HONEY: Add a honey drizzle over the finished ham for added sweetness.
NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY (optional): Use a non-stick olive oil spray on your air fryer basket to keep the ham from sticking.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham Steaks
This air fryer ham recipe is such an easy recipe you can serve it up quickly on a busy weeknight or make it for a special occasion. Here’s how cook them:
Step 1: Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F as directed (usually 1-2 minutes depending on your model), and lightly prep your air fryer basket or tray with non-stick cooking spray (also depending on your model).
Step 2: Melt your butter in the microwave and then add in the brown sugar to create your glaze.
Step 3: Next place your ham steak in the basket. Baste the ham with the brown sugar butter mixture.
Step 4: Cook your ham steak for 10 minutes, and then flip the steak over and baste again with butter mixture.
Step 5: Cook an additional 5-10 minutes (depending on thickness) until done.
Expert Tip: Depending on the thickness of the ham steak, the cooking process will be the same but the cook time can vary. For a thick slice ham steak you’ll want to add 2-3 minutes more, or do less cooking time if the ham is thinner in size. Feel free to open your air fryer basket to check the progress.
Step 6: Serve with a little drizzle of honey on top.
How to Serve
Air fryer ham steaks can be served in many different ways. Here are few tasty ideas:
- As a main dish paired with potatoes or veggies.
- Dice and add to omelets.
- Add it to your next quiche or casserole.
- Or make a fancy and delicious ham sandwich.
What to Serve With This Honey Ham Steak
Here are some great side dishes to consider pairing to make this air fryer ham steak into a complete meal. Reach for your favorite side that makes it a no fuss dinner that can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Green beans
- Rosemary potatoes
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Dinner roll or buttered piece of bread
- Potato Salad
Variations To Recipe
This air fryer ham steak recipe is versatile! Feel free to make this recipe your own way. Here are a few ideas:
- You can skip the brown sugar if you prefer a less sweet ham. Or only use half of the brown sugar.
- Add a thin layer of Dijon mustard or even yellow mustard for a tangy twist to the recipe.
- If you want to reduce sugar, use a sugar substitute.
- Season with salt and black pepper at the end if not using sugar.
- Add different seasonings if you want to change up the flavor of your ham.
- Instead of honey, you can use maple syrup for sweetening up the whole ham steak.
- Gammon steaks can be used for this easy recipe as well. Just cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
You can store any leftover air fryer ham steaks in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Then you can reheat the ham in the microwave, air fryer, or on medium heat in a skillet on the stove.
You can also freeze any of the ham you do not eat, just freeze in a freezer friendly container for 2-3 months. Then warm it up from frozen or thaw in the fridge overnight before you reheat.
Can I use an uncured ham steak for this recipe?
Despite the name, uncured ham is pre-cooked ham. You will find that some ham that is uncured might not be fully cooked so make sure to read on the label before you go to cook the ham.
Can I put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
So if you want to put foil in your air fryer, you can simply place at the very bottom of the air fryer. This will help to catch drips and will make for an easy cleanup.
Most of the time, you will not want to put foil in your air fryer basket or tray, as it will prevent the hot air from circulating around the ham.
So if you are a lover of ham, this country ham recipe is a great way to whip up and serve for those busy weeknights. Or if you are not wanting a lot of leftovers enjoy this smaller ham dinner as a meal for two.
This air fryer ham steak recipe is so simple and a great beginner air fryer recipe if you are new to the air frying world!
- 2 fully cooked Ham Steaks
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Honey, for drizzle on top
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F as directed (usually 1-2 minutes depending on your model), and lightly prep your air fryer basket or tray with non-stick cooking spray (also depending on your model).
- Melt your butter in the microwave and then add in the brown sugar to create your glaze.
- Next place your ham steak in the basket. Baste the ham with the brown sugar butter mixture.
- Cook your ham steak for 10 minutes, and then flip the steak over and baste again with butter mixture.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes (depending on thickness) until done.
- Serve with a little drizzle of honey on top.
Depending on the thickness of the ham steak, the cooking process will be the same but the cook time can vary. For a thick slice ham steak you'll want to add 2-3 minutes more, or do less cooking time if the ham is thinner in size. Feel free to open your air fryer basket to check the progress.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.