Air Fryer Pickles are the best crunchy, crispy, salty snacks. Heavenly pickle slices that are dunked in an egg mixture and breaded in your favorite bread crumbs. Then lightly fried in the air fryer to a golden brown perfection.
This popular air fryer appetizer has never been so easy.
Air Fryer Pickles are the perfect game day appetizer or paired as side dish for your Air Fryer Chicken Hamburgers. We have tons of great easy Air Fryer recipes that make great appetizers or dishes for your whole family!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Pickles
Who knew you could put pickles in the air fryer? Air fried pickles are super easy to make and are perfect for a tangy, crunchy appetizer.
- Now you can make these Texas Roadhouse pickle chips at home, no more waiting at the restaurant!
- Perfect for a game day or Super Bowl appetizer.
- You can use any pickle variety you prefer.
- Add this to your list of easy air fryer recipes – try out our Air Fryer Pasta Chips, Buffalo Air Fried Wings, or our famous Southwest Egg Rolls.
- You only need a handful of pantry staple ingredients- nothing fancy.
- Air fryer fried pickles are much healthier than using the deep fry method.
Air Fryer Pickles Ingredients
You only need a handful of simple ingredients as listed below.
EGGS: Farm fresh or store-bought, you’ll beat these eggs and use as an egg wash to help the breadcrumbs stick to the pickle slices.
BREADCRUMBS: Use regular breadcrumbs, Panko bread crumbs or make your own homemade breadcrumbs.
PICKLE CHIPS: Dill pickle chips work best but you can use whatever pickle slices you have available. I simply buy a jar of sliced dill pickles. If you want to use dill pickle spears, you’ll need to slice them into thin pickle chips. You can also easily make dill pickle slices out of whole pickles.
COOKING SPRAY: All you need is a spritz of olive oil spray or a similar cooking spray for your breaded pickles. Air frying uses a lot less oil than deep frying pickles, but you do need just a little to make them crispier.
FAVORITE DIPPING SAUCE: The options for this are endless, but here are some of our favorite sauce ideas- try ranch dressing, buffalo hot sauce, blue cheese, aioli sauce (grab our homemade recipe), or even a sriracha ranch or plain sriracha sauce for extra heat.
Air Fryer Pickles Recipe Instructions
Work in batches to bread and fry your pickles to perfection. Here’s this easy air fryer pickles recipe:
STEP 1: Place the pickle chips between paper towels and press down to remove excess liquid. This will help the fried pickles turn out crispier.
STEP 2: Beat eggs together in a small bowl and dip pickle chips into the beaten eggs.
STEP 3: Add breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl (plus any optional spices listed below). Then liberally coat the egg washed pickle chips with breadcrumbs.
STEP 4: Preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F (should take approximately 2 minutes).
STEP 5: Lightly spray the breaded pickles with cooking spray before placing them in your air fryer basket in a single layer.
TIP: If you find it easier, you can spray the air fryer basket (lightly) first. Place pickle chips in the basket and then lightly spray the tops with olive oil. This will give a light coating to both sides of the pickle slices.
STEP 6: Air fry for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: All air fryer models cook slightly differently and your cook times will vary depending on your model. Check on your pickles as they’re cooking (it won’t hurt anything to open the basket) to make sure they don’t overcook.
How do I Make Fried Pickles Crispy?
- To make your fried pickles extra crispy, the secret is removing the extra liquid from them. Before breading the sliced pickles, let them sit out on a paper towel to help drain out any extra pickle juice and blot the moisture off.
- Wait to dredge them thru the egg wash and coat with panko breadcrumbs until you’re ready to air fry them. This keeps the moisture from the eggs from soaking into the breading.
- If you want to add an extra step, try toasting the breadcrumbs before using them. It makes for extra crunchy fried pickles.
- Make sure your pickles have space in the air frying basket or tray. Make sure to place them out in a single layer. As the air fryer circulates hot air around the food inside the basket, it needs to be able to move this air around all sides of each pickle in order to fry them evenly.
What else can I season my Fried Pickles with?
If you want to add some more flavor to your pickles, you can add any of these seasonings to your bread crumb mixture :
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (if you like a little heat)
- black pepper
- a teaspoon of cajun seasoning for some real southern flavor
How Long do You Air Fryer Frozen Fried Pickles?
Frozen fried pickles need to cook for 10 -12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
So instead of cooking for about 8 minutes for fresh pickles, you’ll need to cook frozen fried pickles a few minutes longer.
Be sure to flip them halfway through and check on the doneness as your cook time decreases.
How To Store Air Fryer Pickles
If you’re saving some fried pickles for later, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Like all breaded foods, it’s best to eat them the same day you make them.
More Air Fryer Recipes for Appetizers
How to Reheat Fried Pickles in Air Fryer
To reheat fried pickles, place them back in the Air Fryer to regain their crispiness.
For best results, give them a quick spritz of cooking spray to help crisp them back up and reheat on 350F (preheat your air fryer first) for about 4-5 minutes.
Air Fryer Pickles are best when you enjoy them fresh from the fryer. The longer they sit, they will begin to get soggy.
Air Fryer Pickles really are a delicious appetizer for any pickle lover who dreams of crispy fried pickles. This air fryer fried pickles recipe can be whipped up in about 10 minutes and you’ll be crunching on salty, tangy pickles in no time.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Pickle Chips (sliced dill pickles)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Your Favorite Dipping Sauce (ranch, blue cheese, aioli)
- Place the pickle chips between paper towels and press down to remove excess liquid. This will help the fried pickles turn out crispier.
- Beat eggs together in a small bowl and egg wash the dill pickle chips.
- Add breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl (plus any optional spices as mentioned in the article). Liberally coat the egg washed pickle chips with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the breaded pickles with olive oil cooking spray and place in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
See recipe post for additional tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.