Air Fryer Pizza Bombs are a wonderful quick snack or appetizer recipe. Fluffy, doughy, bites of biscuit stuffed with zesty pizza sauce, gooey mozzarella cheese and tasty pepperoni make for delicious pizza bombs.
Air Fryer Pizza Bombs are a pizza lovers dream for a quick fix. The center of each biscuit is filled with yummy pizza toppings and only need 8 minutes of cook time in the air fryer.
These are a great after school snack, party appetizer or to whip up when you’re craving some pizza, but don’t need the whole pizza pie, just like these Air Fryer Mini Pizzas with biscuit crust or these Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas!
We’ve been on a pizza kick lately, you can’t go wrong with these cheesy pizza bombs, but you’ll also love making these mini Air Fryer pizzas, Air Fryer Flatbread Pizza (Meat Lover’s) or these delicious Air Fryer Naan Veggie Pizzas. All made in the air fryer for slightly healthier, faster meals.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Pizza Bombs
- You can stuff your Air Fryer Pizza Bombs with whatever pre-cooked favorite toppings you like to add to your personal pizzas.
- Everyone can make their own pizza bomb creation and enjoy it.
- These cheese bombs are about the size of the palm of your hand, perfect for munching on without feeling overfull.
- Most likely, you already have these ingredients on hand. I love creating recipes where you can use what you already have access to, with no need to make an extra trip to the grocery store.
- These remind me of the pizza pockets, mini calzones, or hot pockets you can buy but these are just as quick and easy to make.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Delicious Air Fryer recipes have kind of been our thing lately!
Get more info on these different ingredients in the recipe card below.
BISCUITS: A can of biscuits is all you need for a fantastic crust. Sometimes these are called biscuit bombs, but you can also use crescent rolls, homemade pizza dough or homemade biscuit dough. I love easy recipes, so canned biscuits are my favorite. Use Pillsbury Grands Biscuits or your local store name brand.
PEPPERONI: A package of pre-cooked pepperoni. I love the turkey pepperoni as much as the regular. Choose whichever your family enjoys.
PIZZA SAUCE: Use your own homemade sauce or grab a jar.
MOZZARELLA: Shredded mozzarella cheese to stuff inside with your other toppings. If you don’t have shredded cheese, a small cube of cheese will work perfectly too. Feel free to add any other melty cheese options you like.
BUTTER: You’ll melt the butter to brush the biscuits within the Air Fryer. You could also use olive oil spray or another nonstick cooking spray, but butter adds extra flavor.
SPICES: I like to use garlic and basil, but you can use Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt, whatever you like on your pizza.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Bombs
STEP 1: The first step is to open the can of biscuits and slightly flatten each one with a rolling pin.
STEP 2: Next, split each biscuit into two dough circles.
STEP 3: Take half of the biscuit circles and add a dollop of pizza sauce, sprinkle of cheese and a slice of pepperoni to the center of the dough circles. Leave a small border around the toppings.
STEP 4: Place the other half of the biscuit on top of the one with toppings. Use your fingers to press the edges together to create a seal. It doesn’t need to be perfect, the dough will cook together.
STEP 5: Melt the butter in the microwave and brush the melted butter onto the tops of the pizza bombs. Sprinkle basil and garlic (or your favorite seasonings) on top of the butter.
STEP 6: Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees F (1-2 minutes depending on your model). Put these little pizza puffs in air fryer basket (or air fryer tray) in a single layer.
STEP 7: Cook for 8 minutes or until the dough has turned a golden brown.
What Other Toppings Can I Add to Pizza Bombs?
The list of toppings you can pack into your round pizza pockets is endless. Think about whatever you would order at a pizza place and you can toss it into these air fryer pizza bombs to make them you’re own.
Add any of these you enjoy:
- Canned Mushrooms
- Cooked Bell Peppers
- Cooked Onion
- Black Olives or Green Olives
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Pre-cooked sausage, ham, ground beef, bacon or chicken
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Pizza Bombs
I don’t know how you have leftovers of these fantastic pepperoni pizza bombs. We can’t get enough of them in my house, they always disappear! But, somehow if you have leftovers, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze Air Fryer Pizza Bombs?
Yes, you can make these pizza balls and then freeze them for later. Wrap them individually with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before putting them in a freezer-safe bag. You can also place them wrapped in plastic and foil, in an airtight container with parchment paper in between the layers. These should freeze up to 2-3 months.
When ready to have them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the Air Fryer.
How to Reheat
Reheating pizza bombs in the Air Fryer is the best way in my opinion. Preheat the Air Fryer to 350F and cook them for 3-4 minutes, checking on the doneness and warmth periodically.
These Air Fryer Pizza Bombs really are the perfect appetizers that everyone will rant and rave over. Six ingredients and five steps to this super simple recipe that you can have ready in about 10 minutes!
- 1 can Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Sauce / Marinara Sauce per biscuit
- 2 slices Pepperoni per biscuit
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Open the can of biscuits and slightly flatten each one with a rolling pin.
- Next, split each biscuit into two dough circles.
- Take half of the biscuit circles and add a dollop of pizza sauce, sprinkle of cheese and 1-2 slices of pepperoni to the center of the dough circles. Leave a small border around the edges.
- Place the other half of the biscuit on top. Use your fingers to press the edges together to create a seal. It doesn't need to be perfect, the dough will cook together.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and brush the melted butter onto the tops of the pizza bombs. Sprinkle basil and garlic on top of the butter.
- Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees F (1-2 minutes depending on your model). Place pizza bombs in the air fryer basket (or air fryer tray) in a single layer.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the dough has turned a golden brown.
See recipe post for additional topping ideas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.