Enjoy this simple, but decadent Apple Cider Latte recipe on a cool morning. It’s a delicious espresso drink that combines frothed milk, your favorite espresso and hot apple cider into a smooth blend. Top with a little caramel sauce and whipped cream and it’s just what you need to start the day!
What a delicious fall treat! Skip the coffee shop and warm up on cool autumn mornings with this new favorite drink.
Tasty fall flavors of apple and caramel with a double shot of espresso is a decadent hot drink to get your morning started.
What is a Latte?
A Latte is a type of coffee drink that contains espresso, steamed milk and a layer of frothed milk on top.
An Apple Cider Latte uses less milk and adds a touch of fall flavors with apple cider.
Tools You Need to Make a Latte
- Espresso maker
- Milk frother
A few simple ingredients are all you need:
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Organic Sugar
- 2 shots of Espresso
- 1/2 cup froth Milk
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Caramel Sauce (for topping)
- Apple chunks (garnish)
Milk Options for Making an Apple Cider Latte
You can use other milk options if you don’t want to use regular milk.
Some milk options that work great are:
- Non dairy milk
- Skim milk
- Almond milk
- Soy milk – another great low-fat option
These options will work just fine when making an apple cider latte at home.
Apple Cider or Apple Juice?
Apple Cider and Apple Juice are quite similar. Apple cider contains more of the apple mash or pulp, where apple juice is strained more thoroughly and only contains the juice.
No time to make this Caramel Apple Cider Latte right now? Save it for later and pin it!
What Kind of Apple Cider is Best?
This recipe is delicious with either Spiced Apple Cider or Caramel Apple Cider.
Thankfully, spiced apple cider is readily available year round and it’s blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices which are perfect for an Apple Cider Latte.
Caramel flavored apple cider is harder to come by. Look for it in the fall season.
Regular apple cider works too! And if you want to add spices, simply sprinkle them in to jazz up the flavor of the apple juice or cider.
How to Froth Milk on the Stove
If you don’t have a milk frother on your machine, you can froth milk on the stove in a small saucepan.
The easiest method to froth milk on the stove is to first heat the milk over medium-high heat. Once warmed (not boiling), remove the pot from the heat and whisk vigorously to create a bubbly froth. Tap the edge of the pot on the counter (put a hot pad down first) to pop some of the larger bubbles. If it’s not frothy enough, whisk again. If you let the milk sit for about 30 seconds before pouring over coffee, some of the larger bubbles will pop on their own.
Although this does not create the perfect frothed milk, it will work.
To get a frothier milk, you can use a hand mixer to whisk the hot milk. This will create a denser milk froth with smaller bubbles.
The easiest option is to purchase a milk frothing wand. These are inexpensive and work fantabulously!
How to Make an Apple Cider Latte
Step 1: Chop up a few apple pieces and set aside to use for garnish.
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of organic sugar and apple cider (or apple juice) in a small saucepan. Warm the apple cider and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Pour the mixture into a mug.
Step 3: Brew two shots of espresso and pour over the apple cider and sugar mixture.
Step 4: Froth your milk and pour on top.
Step 5: Garnish with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Add the apple chunks on top.
Apple Cider Latte Variations
There are many variations and garnish options you can use to pump up the fall flavors. Try any of these ideas:
- Cinnamon Sticks – add a little cinnamon flavor with a cinnamon stick or sprinkle ground cinnamon in your latte.
- Brown Sugar – for a sweeter and more molasses flavor substitute organic sugar with brown sugar.
- Strong Brewed Coffee – if you don’t have an espresso maker, you can substitute with strong brewed coffee. I don’t suggest this as a great option, but when you’re out of espresso, it can be used in a pinch.
- Add Spices – sprinkle in your favorite spices to add new flavors. Try apple pie spice or pumpkin spice to get even more flavors of fall in your mug.
- Use Flavored Syrups – this Torani Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup is delicious. You can use this instead of sugar. Add to your taste.
The first sip is so satisfying and it’s perfect for a little kick of energy.
If you love hot espresso drinks as well as apples, caramel and whipped cream then you’ll enjoy this Apple Cider Latte.
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1/2 cup froth milk
- Whipped cream (garnish)
- Caramel Sauce (garnish)
- Fresh apple pieces (garnish)
- Chop a few small apple chunks and set aside to use for garnish.
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic sugar and apple cider (or apple juice) in a small saucepan. Warm the apple cider and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Pour the mixture into a mug.
- Brew two shots of espresso and pour over the apple cider and sugar mixture.
- Froth your milk and pour on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Add the apple chunks on top.
See this recipe post for a variety of variations you can try.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 5gSugar: 101gProtein: 6g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.