I have a new apple cider cocktail that screams fall with each sip. This Apple Cider Mojito is made with apple cider, rum, mint, club soda and of course add in a few fresh apple slices for a garnish. A tasty cocktail recipe that screams fall with each sip.
If you want a simple recipe that takes minutes to make, this Apple Cider Mojito recipe is one you need to try. The fresh mint really brings in the mojito vibe!
Mojitos are typically served in a highball glass, like this Classic Mojito. Although the highball is common for the classic cocktail recipe, this autumn version looks fantastic in a mason jar.
Just a little tip – don’t wait to try out this easy recipe! It’s refreshing enough for a delicious summer cocktail, just as it’s perfect during the fall season as a delicious Thanksgiving mojito. It’s really is the perfect cocktail for all seasons.
More Mojito Recipes
Mojitos are so versatile, and you can experiment with different fruit variations!
If you love Mojitos, you might like to try our Watermelon Mojito, Mango Mojito or this fun Blue Mojito too.
Why You’ll Love this Apple Cider Mojito
- Perfect fall cocktail to whip up for a harvest party, cold fall night at home, Thanksgiving, etc.
- A delicious homemade hard apple cider made with a light rum.
- Complex flavors from the warming spices, fresh mint, and the crisp from the slice of apple.
- A seasonal twist to this classic mojito recipe for fall flavors.
- It’s goes well with one of our favorite rum cocktail recipes on the blog.
- This could also be great for a Halloween party! The apple cider mixture would fit the holiday nicely.
More Delicious Drinks with Apple Cider
Crown Apple Cider Whiskey Punch
- Highball Glass or Mason Jar
- Muddler – here is the one I use from Amazon.
MINT LEAVES: I used fresh mint leaves, as it is going to get muddled in the bottom of the glass to release the natural oils in the leaves for that fresh minty flavor. Remember to save a few mint sprigs for garnish.
LIGHT RUM: Use a light rum / white rum as it won’t overpower the cider and mint flavors in the recipe.
APPLE CIDER: Now you can use a homemade apple cider or buy your favorite local apple cider for this cocktail. Apple juice will work too!
CLUB SODA: Get that bubbly on with a splash of club soda. A must have ingredient for your apple cocktail.
LIME JUICE: Squeeze of 1/2 a medium lime (1 tablespoon of lime juice) to add a brightness to the drink.
APPLE SLICES (optional): Now I used a fresh apple to slice up and add inside the cocktail. The fresh apples will soak up some of the cocktail flavor and make for a nice little snack with your drink! But, feel free to do this as an optional thing.
CINNAMON STICKS (optional): Garnish with a cinnamon stick to add a warming spice flavor which makes it perfect for a Thanksgiving gathering.
SIMPLE SYRUP (optional): I don’t use simple syrup because I find that the apple juice or apple cider is sweet enough for me. If you’d like a little extra sweetness, just add a splash of simple syrup.
How do You Muddle Mint Leaves?
If you love Mojitos, it’s worth grabbing a real muddler. They are inexpensive and I use it all the time. I love this muddler as it has little spikes on the bottom.
If you don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon to press on the leaves. Note that the handle of a wooden spoon has a much smaller surface area than a muddler, so it will take a little longer to muddle the mint.
Muddling is going to release the oils in the mint leaves, allowing for the refreshing mint flavor to infuse your cocktail.
How to Make an Apple Cider Mojito
STEP 1: Start by adding 5-6 mint leaves to the bottom of a tall glass or a mason jar.
STEP 2: Add in the rum, squeeze the juice from half a lime and muddle the mint (see above for muddling instructions)
STEP 3: Add in ice cubes and some fresh apple slices or chunks.
STEP 4: Pour in apple cider and give it a good stir to mix all together.
STEP 4: Lastly, top off with club soda and garnish with a sprig of mint and cinnamon stick.
There are quite a few variations you can make to an Apple Cider Mojito cocktail recipe to make it your own favorite cocktail.
Here are a few ideas:
- Use apple juice instead of fresh apple cider. They both taste delicious!
- Try it with a spiced rum in replace of the light rum for an extra kick of flavor.
- You can add additional flavor with a splash of ginger ale in replace of club soda.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar on a plate, and get the rim of the glass wet, and then roll the rim in sugar for a sugar rimmed glass.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- If you find this cocktail to be a little too sweet for your taste buds, adding extra tablespoon of acidic lime juice will tone it down.
- Garnish with a star anise to add more warm winter spices.
Can I make Apple Cider Mojitos in Advance?
Unfortunately you need to whip this drink up right before serving.
The muddled mint leaves can begin to alter the cocktail as it sits. For best results mix up right before serving.
Can I Make it in a Large Pitcher?
Yes! If you want to serve a crowd, you can make it in a large pitcher.
Follow the same process, simply quadruple all the ingredients. Then pour into glasses and add garnishes.
Don’t wait, try this delicious apple mixed drink today. There’s no reason you can’t whip up an Apple Cider Mojito any time of year. We love it on chilly days in the fall and winter season, but it’s refreshing during the sweltering summer months too!
Apple Cider Mojito
This Apple Cider Mojito is made with apple cider, rum, mint, club soda and of course add in a few fresh apple slices for a garnish. A tasty cocktail recipe that screams fall with each sip.
- 5-6 Mint Leaves
- 2 ounces Light Rum
- 1 /2 Medium Lime (1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice)
- Ice Cubes
- Apple Slices / Apple Chunks
- 2 ounces Apple Cider
- 2 ounces Club Soda
- 1/2 - 1 ounce Simple Syrup (optional, for a sweeter taste)
- Garnish: Cinnamon Sticks, mint sprig
- Start by adding 5-6 mint leaves to the bottom of a tall glass or a mason jar.
- Add in the rum, squeeze the juice from half a lime and muddle the mint (see post on muddling instructions if needed)
- Add in ice cubes and some fresh apple slices or apple chunks.
- Pour in apple cider and give it a good stir to mix all together.
- Lastly, top off with club soda and garnish with a sprig of mint and cinnamon stick.
See recipe post for more tips and variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 17gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.