This Boozy Milkshake is a decadent dessert cocktail! The tasty blend of chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla and two liquors creates this ultra creamy recipe. Top it off with whip cream, a few Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and delve into this delicious alcoholic milkshake.
Boozy Milkshakes are the best combination of an after dinner drink and delicious dessert – all in one! You can easily make this recipe for just yourself or make it a fun surprise dessert for dinner guests. Believe me, they will love this thick, rich and totally decadent alcoholic milkshake.
The Reese’s Ingredients for a Boozy Milkshake
Hopefully, you’re checking out this Reese’s Peanut Butter Boozy Milkshake because you love all things Reese’s!
This super chocolate and peanut butter grown up milkshake uses three (yes, three!) different Reese’s yummy ingredients.
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- International Delight, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Creamer
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread
All three of these products are delicious. If you haven’t tried them yet, this boozy milkshake is a great place to start.
These products have many tasty uses, so they won’t go to waste. The coffee creamer can be used in a variety of recipes such as smoothies and even added into your baking recipes. Of course, it’s yummy in your morning coffee.
The peanut butter spread is a fantastic substitute for Nutella, if you love the taste of peanut butter cups. Try it on graham crackers, toast, bananas or over ice cream. Pretty much anything that goes with chocolate or peanut butter!
A boozy milkshake wouldn’t be boozy without liquor! In this recipe, there are two flavored liquors that add to the chocolate peanut butter yum.
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur – a lovely rich and creamy chocolate liqueur.
- Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey – adds more flavor of a creamy peanut butter with whiskey.
More Peanut Butter Whiskey Drinks
Here are several more peanut butter whiskey drink recipes to enjoy:
Skrewball White Russian: A peanut butter twist on a classic cocktail to create an amazing Peanut Butter White Russian.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Shots: A gorgeous shot with a taste similar to a peanut butter jelly sandwich (in a liquid form, of course!) using a sweet raspberry liqueur, topped with fresh raspberries.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cocktail: This recipe calls for grape soda and it’s perfect for anyone who loves peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
Peanut Butter Whiskey and Grape Jello Shots: Delicious peanut butter cocktail in the form of delectable jello shots. These are fun and tasty!
There are a few possible substitutes if you don’t have these two liquors on hand.
The Godiva Chocolate Liqueur could be replaced with Creme de Cacao, which has the chocolate flavor we want at a more budget friendly price. Take note though, Creme de Cacao is sweeter than the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur.
You can also use your favorite peanut butter whiskey. I opt for Skrewball whiskey.
Instead of a flavored whiskey, use your go-to sipping whiskey. You’ll loose a bit of the peanut butter flavoring, but you can try and compensate with a little more of the Reese’s Peanut Butter creamer or spread. It won’t taste exactly the same with these substitutes, but I believe you can still make a delicious boozy milkshake with these changes.
How To Make Reese’s Alcoholic Milkshake
Get out the blender! A blender does the job but if you haven’t invested in a Vitamix (yes, it is pricey), but truly amazing at making creamy blends.
Step 1: Start with 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream. Add in the Reese’s creamer, spread and peanut butter cup candies. Blend on high for approximately 1 minute.
Step 2: Add in the Chocolate Liqueur and Peanut Butter Whiskey. Again, blend on high for approximately 1 minute or until your milkshake is thick and creamy.
Step 3: Top with whipped cream and chopped peanut butter cups. This step is optional, but it sure makes this boozy shake look a little more fancy and the whipped cream just adds to the creaminess. You can skip it, but I think it’s absolutely worth adding the toppings!
Tips For Boozy Milkshakes
- If you want an even thicker milkshake, add more vanilla ice cream or a spoonful of regular peanut butter.
- Don’t over blend, which can thin your shake.
- If you want to spruce it up, dip the rim of your glass in simple syrup and garnish with chocolate sprinkles. More chocolate is always a good thing in my opinion!
- Chill your glass in the freezer first. This helps keep your alcoholic milkshake colder so it doesn’t melt in the glass as fast.
This boozy milkshake is a peanut butter and chocolate delight. It’s rich, creamy and boozy with both Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. The combination is pure bliss!
- 2 Large Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 tbsp Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 3/4 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Creamer by International Delight
- 5 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 oz Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- 1-2 Chopped Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups (garnish)
- Whip Cream (garnish)
- Add vanilla ice-cream, Reese's creamer, Reese's spread, and mini peanut butter cups in a blender.
- Blend on high for a minute.
- Add chocolate liqueur and peanut butter whisky.
- Blend on high for a minute or until your desired milkshake consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and chopped Reese's mini peanut butter cups (optional)
See post for any variations or additional garnish ideas. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1781Total Fat: 106gSaturated Fat: 41gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1019mgCarbohydrates: 179gFiber: 11gSugar: 156gProtein: 34g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.
Save it for later and Pin it!