Easy Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
*This article contains affiliate links*
This homemade apple pie moonshine is the most requested cocktail at our local house concert events. It’s so good that an award winning singer/songwriter wrote a song about it.
Easy big-batch cocktails are a must for our parties and flavored moonshine recipes are easy enough to make. The recipe calls for grain alcohol you can purchase at your local liquor store. Add sugar, apple juice and cinnamon sticks and you’ll soon have a hit cocktail at your party.
It’s a tasty sipping moonshine and we serve it in disposable shot glasses when we have a crowd. It’s also delicious when mixed ginger ale for a sparkling cocktail.
Here’s my recipe for homemade Apple Pie Moonshine:
Moonshine Making Supplies Needed
- A Gallon Jar that seals properly to keep moonshine and juice preserved.
- Vacuum seal Mason Jars
- Serve in these updated classic Mason Jar glasses for an authentic feel.
Apple Pie Moonshine Ingredients
- 1 Gallon 100% Apple juice or Apple cider
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter 190 proof grain alcohol
Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Instructions
- In a stock pot bring the apple juice to a boil.
- Stir in the sugar until it dissolves and add the cinnamon sticks.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in the liter of alcohol
- Bottle in sealed jugs. I use a single gallon jug and a quart mason jar.
- Place in a cool dark place to age for 2-3 weeks.
The resulting moonshine is about 38 proof.
If you’re looking for more homemade moonshine flavors, check out our Blackberry Moonshine Recipe.
Save it for later and Pin it!