Sweet and salty collide in this easy Easter Trail Mix recipe. This is a fun treat that is a must for an Easter celebration! This bunny bait recipe is loaded with Cadbury mini eggs, pretzels, dried cherries, almonds, graham cracker bunnies and more.
Love easy recipes? Need something you can put together fast for an Easter gathering? This Easter Trail Mix can be thrown together in literally minutes! Plus, it’s a no-bake treat, which makes it one of my favorite treats to make.
Plus, you can dish up this easy Easter treat through out the Easter season. It’s a fun holiday dessert for class parties, movie nights at home and special occasions during the Easter holiday.
This sweet treat will brighten up everyone’s day as it is bursting with fun spring colors, just like these colorful egg shaped Easter Rice Krispies Treats dipped in melted white chocolate. Yum!
This is a fun Easter themed dessert that requires no baking and minimal effort to make. Now that’s one of my favorite things… just like this no-bake S’mores Dessert Snack Mix!
How to Serve Easter Trail Mix
Every year, this is one our family’s favorite snacks and there are so many ways to serve up this fun treat:
- Wrap up individual servings of Easter trail mix in a treat bags and add these sweet and salty snacks to Easter baskets for the kids.
- Simply add a handful to a ziploc baggie and send it with the kids for a school snack.
- Fill plastic Easter eggs with this little sweet treat for a fun Easter egg hunt.
- On Easter Sunday, place this trail mix in a large bowl and add it to the Easter dessert table.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Fun snack mix for kids and adults to enjoy.
- The bunny graham crackers are strawberry, chocolate, and classic graham cracker flavored and the different colors are fun.
- This no-bake easy snack takes just minutes to mix together.
- Cute and colorful filled with Easter candy, dried fruit, nuts and more for a fun Easter bunny trail mix.
- Sweet and salty all one one snack mix.
More Easter Recipes
Here’s the list of all the simple snack mix ingredients:
CADBURY MINI EGGS: The mini Cadbury eggs are a favorite chocolate candy that adds to this sweet snack mix.
NEAPOLITAN BUNNY GRAHAMS: So I used the Annie’s brand on the Easter bunny graham crackers as they are colorful, have great flavors and are organic!
MINI PRETZELS: Mini pretzels or pretzel sticks work for great for this Bunny bait Easter trail mix. It helps add a salty component to balance all the sweetness.
DRIED CHERRIES: I love dried fruit for snack mixes. It compliments the nuts and the chocolate.
CHOCOLATE COVERED ALMONTDS: I took this Easter bunny bait mix to another level and used dark chocolate almonds. Talk about delicious addition.
SALTED ALMONDS: The salted almonds add a really nice crunch to the mix. Plus a great source of nutrients.
HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS: If you like peanuts, reach for a container of honey roasted for the perfect addition to the mix.
SHREDDED COCONUT (optional): We used shredded coconut for the final ingredient in the mix.
How to Make Easter Trail Mix
Often called “Bunny Bait”, which is fun name the kiddos will love, so let them help mix up this bunny bait trail mix for some fun time in the kitchen.
STEP 1: In a large mixing bowl, simply add each of the ingredients.
STEP 2: Use your hands or a spoon and mix up all the ingredients.
STEP 3: Serve up and enjoy.
Variations and Recipe Substitutions
Here are a few simple ways to change up this Easter mix to fit your preference. Honestly, every year my Easter Trail Mix is a little bit different based on what supplies I have on hand.
- Use chocolate candies of choice.I like the chocolate Easter eggs, Easter pastel M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces.
- Stir in some Chex mix cereal or muddy buddies to the mix. They come in all kinds of flavors!
- Add in some jelly beans for a sweet treat or festive sprinkles to punch up the colors.
- Drizzle on some white candy melts to make a candy coating for added sweetness.
- Swap nuts with pumpkin seeds or even pistachios or cashews.
- Add in mini marshmallows, whether classic or the rainbow colored ones.
- Mix in some white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, etc.
As you can see there are endless ways for you to mix up this perfect treat. From changing the ingredients to the colors of items you add to the snack mix.
Another fun snack to serve up is this delicious white chocolate dipped Rolo Pretzel Candy. Simply change out the color of the sprinkles and you’ll have a sweet treat for any holiday.
You can store your Easter trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one month. This is a snack mix that lasts quite awhile.
You can easily store it in a large jar that seals well so everyone can snack on through out the month. I keep it out on the kitchen counter so everyone can grab and go. Feel free to make an extra large batch to keep out as easy treats.
Can I Make Easter Trail Mix in Advance?
Go ahead and make this special treat a few days in advance. Just keep it in an airtight container so that it doesn’t go stale. Then just give it a light stir and dish it up in a serving bowl to add to your Easter spread.
Easter Trail Mix has always been a huge hit at our Easter holiday events. Whether it’s an Easter brunch, a casual family gathering or a church pot luck, this delicious Easter snack mix is well loved.
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs
- 1 cup Annie’s Neapolitan Bunny Grahams
- 1 cup Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 1 cup Lightly Salted Almonds
- 1 cup Honey Roasted pPeanuts
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, simply add each of the ingredients.
- Use your hands or a spoon and mix up all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy.
See recipe posts for substitutions and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.