Eyeball Jello Shots are a fun and festive way to celebrate Halloween.
Good news, this spooky treat is an easy recipe! Made with vodka, red jello and creepy eyeballs, these are the perfect jello shots for Halloween!
These are super creepy Eyeball Jello Shots you’ll want to serve up at your holiday party. A simple recipe that looks spooktacular, this will be the hit of the party!
Why You’ll Love These Eyeball Jello Shots
Seriously, who doesn’t love eyeball jello shots? This easy recipe is simple to follow and will have your guests raving. Be sure to make plenty, because these jello shots will go fast!
- Simply double or triple the recipe if you are serving a large crowd.
- A distinctive drink everyone is going to remember.
- An eyeball on top of your jello shots is seriously extra spooky!
While you’re planning your party, you might want to add in a few Halloween cocktails too, like this yummy Orange Halloween Punch Cocktail.
More Halloween Jello Shots
I love fun Halloween recipes and these shot recipes are fun treats too!
Best Vodka For Eyeball Jello Shots?
You can use any kind of vodka for this recipe, but I recommend using a higher quality vodka for the best tasting shots.
Or simply use your favorite, you know you already love it.
- Measuring Cup
- Baking Sheet
- 2 oz Plastic Shot Glasses (here’s the ones I use from Amazon: condiment cups for jello shots)
All you need are 4 simple ingredients to make these easy Halloween jello shots:
RED JELLO: You can use strawberry jello or cherry jello, whichever is your preference. Strawberry is my favorite!
Note: 13 ounce box of jello makes 12 of these boozy treats.
VODKA: Use your favorite vodka and remember, the better the vodka you use, the better they will taste! You’ll need 1 cup of vodka.
WATER: 1 cup of boiling water for dissolving the jello mix.
GUMMY EYEBALLS: The candy eyeball on top makes it extra spooky! I love the red bloodshot veins that make them scary. Plus, they taste yummy too. Here are the gummy eyeballs I used.
Eyeball Jello Shots Recipe
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the jello to set up! Here’s the step-by-step directions:
STEP 1: Add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
STEP 2: Remove the boiling water from the heat, pour in the box of gelatin, and stir with a whisk for 3 minutes or until the jello mix is fully dissolved.
STEP 3: Add vodka to the jello mixture and stir well.
STEP 4: Arrange the plastic shot cups on a baking sheet. This just makes it easier to move the jello shot glasses in and out of the refrigerator.
STEP 5: Pour jello mixture into the small cups, filling them almost to the top. Leaving a little room to add the eyeball.
TIP: Use a funnel or a measuring cup with a spout to easily fill up the mini shot cups.
STEP 6: Chill for 2 hours at a minimum for the jello to set up.
STEP 7: Remove from the refrigerator, and add a gummy eyeball to the top of each mini shot glass.
STEP 8: Return to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- Use a matching berry vodka to give this tasty jello shot even more flavor.
- Use a different alcohol. Try it with white tequila or a white rum for a completely different flavor.
- Omit the vodka and add 1 cup of water for a kid friendly spooky treat.
- Anytime you’re making boozy jello shots, add the alcohol after you’ve dissolved the jello powder in the hot water. If you add it while boiling, some of the alcohol will evaporate.
- Make sure to use the 2 oz plastic shot glasses. The 1 ounce plastic cups are too small.
These Eyeball Jello Shots are the perfect way to serve up a scary treat at your grown-up Halloween party! This tasty treat will certainly get everyone in the spooky Halloween spirit.
- 3 ounce box Red Jello (strawberry jello or cherry jello)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Vodka
- Gummy Eyeballs
- Add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat, pour in the box of jello, and stir with a whisk for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Add vodka and stir well.
- Arrange the plastic shot cups on a baking sheet.
- Pour jello shot mixture into the small cups, filling them almost to the top. Leaving a little room to add the eyeball.
- Chill for 2 hours at a minimum for the jello to set up.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and add a gummy eyeball to the top of each cup.
- Return to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
See recipe posts for variations and tips. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.