Eyeball Jello Shots are a fun and festive way to celebrate Halloween. Good news, this spooky treat is an easy recipe! Made with vodka, red jello and creepy eyeballs, these are the perfect jello shots for Halloween!
Why You’ll Love These Eyeball Jello Shots
Seriously, who doesn’t love eyeball jello shots? This easy recipe is simple to follow and will have your guests raving. Be sure to make plenty, because these jello shots will go fast!
- Simply double or triple the recipe if you are serving a large crowd.
- A distinctive dish everyone is going to remember.
- An eyeball on top of your jello shots is seriously extra spooky!
Want to mix it up with another spooky treat? Try these Halloween Syringe Jello Shots. Talk about wowing your party guests!
While you’re planning your party, you might want to add in a few Halloween cocktails too!
Best Vodka For Eyeball Jello Shots?
You can use any kind of vodka for this recipe, but I recommend using a higher quality vodka for the best tasting shots.
Or simply use your favorite, you know you already love it.
- Measuring Cup
- Baking Sheet
- 2 oz Plastic Shot Glasses (here’s the ones I use: condiment cups for jello shots)
All you need are 4 ingredients to make these easy Halloween eyeball jello shots:
RED JELLO: You can use strawberry jello or cherry jello, whichever is your preference. Strawberry is my favorite! Note: 1 box of jello makes 12 of these boozy treats.
VODKA: Use your favorite vodka and remember, the better the vodka you use, the better they will taste! You’ll need 1 cup of vodka.
WATER: 1 cup of water for dissolving the jello.
GUMMY EYEBALLS: The candy eyeball on top makes it extra spooky! I love the red bloodshot veins that make them scary. Plus, they taste yummy too.
Eyeball Jello Shots Recipe
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the jello to set up! Here’s the step-by-step directions:
STEP 1: Add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
STEP 2: Remove from heat, pour in the box of gelatin, and stir with a whisk for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved.
STEP 3: Add vodka and stir well.
STEP 4: Arrange the plastic shot cups on a baking sheet. This just makes it easier to move the jello shots in and out of the refrigerator.
STEP 5: Pour jello shot mixture into the small cups, filling them almost to the top. Leaving a little room to add the eyeball.
TIP: Use a funnel or a measuring cup with a spout to easily fill up the mini shot cups.
STEP 6: Chill for 2 hours at a minimum for the jello to set up.
STEP 7: Remove from the refrigerator, and add a gummy eyeball to the top of each cup.
STEP 8: Return to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- Use a matching berry vodka to give this tasty jello shot even more flavor.
- Use a different alcohol. Try it with white tequila or a white rum for a completely different flavor.
- Omit the vodka and add 1 cup of water for a kid friendly spooky treat.
- Anytime you’re making boozy jello shots, add the alcohol after you’ve dissolved the jello powder in the hot water. If you add it while boiling, some of the alcohol will evaporate.
- Make sure to use the 2 oz plastic cups. The 1 ounce plastic cups are way too small for Eyeball Jello Shots.
More Halloween Jello Shots
These shot recipes are fun treats too!
Apple Cider Fireball Jello Shot
These Eyeball Jello Shots are the perfect way to serve up a scary treat at your adult Halloween party! This tasty treat will certainly get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
- 3 ounce box Red Jello (strawberry jello or cherry jello)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Vodka
- Gummy Eyeballs
- Add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat, pour in the box of jello, and stir with a whisk for 3 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Add vodka and stir well.
- Arrange the plastic shot cups on a baking sheet.
- Pour jello shot mixture into the small cups, filling them almost to the top. Leaving a little room to add the eyeball.
- Chill for 2 hours at a minimum for the jello to set up.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and add a gummy eyeball to the top of each cup.
- Return to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
See recipe posts for variations and tips. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.