Crunchy egg rolls with a perfectly crisp outer shell and warm, tender egg roll filling- that’s what you get with this Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer recipe! Dip these delicious egg rolls in your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy them in just a few minutes.
You can make the perfect Air Fryer Egg Rolls by grabbing your favorite frozen egg rolls and cooking them in the Air Fryer.
If you’ve been around for our Air Fryer frozen food series, then you know what to expect with this recipe. Just like our other easy Air Fryer recipes, you can make your favorite frozen foods faster, healthier, and even more delicious by using your Air Fryer.
Why You’ll Love these Crispy Frozen Egg Rolls
- Egg rolls make a great snack and are the perfect appetizer for when you’re making other Chinese food.
- Can also be used as a side dish or quick lunch.
- Healthier than deep frying them in a traditional deep fryer by using less oil.
- Your egg roll wrappers turn a gorgeous golden brown every time.
- Faster than ordering takeout from your local Chinese restaurant.
- They’re something the whole family loves!
Do I Need to Thaw the Egg Rolls?
No, don’t thaw the egg rolls before cooking them in the air fryer. They will cook perfectly starting out frozen.
More Air Fryer Egg Roll Recipes
- If you liked using the Air Fryer for your Frozen Egg Rolls, you’re going to love our Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls.
- Plus, if you’re looking for another great appetizer that uses egg rolls, you need to make these Air Fryer Southwest Egg Rolls.
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Roll Ingredients
You only need 2 simple ingredients for this easy recipe!
- 1 box of frozen egg rolls: we made a box of 6 with this recipe. This will also work with mini egg rolls, chicken egg rolls, spring rolls, vegetable egg rolls, etc.
- Non-stick cooking spray: I like to use an avocado oil or an olive oil spray. Both work perfectly.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
Step 1: Preheat your Air Fryer to 375°F for 1-2 minutes, depending on your air fryer model.
Step 2: Spray the Air Fryer plate with your cooking oil spray.
Step 3: Place egg rolls in the Air Fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure not to crowd or stack them. Set the timer for 4 minutes and cook.
Step 4: Using tongs or a spatula to prevent burning your fingers, turn the egg rolls over so they cook on the other side evenly. Air fry your egg rolls for an additional 4 minutes and check for doneness. When done, they’ll turn a light golden brown and be crispy.
If needed, add an additional 1-2 minutes of cooking time, until they are ready.
Step 5: Serve with soy sauce or your favorite sauce.
Pro Tip: For easier cleanup, you can cover the air fryer plate with foil. You don’t need for this recipe, however if you do, I suggest making sure the edges of the foil are tucked under the entire air fryer plate so the edges don’t flop over onto the food.
Then poke a few holes in the foil so the air can circulate through the bottom of the air fryer basket as well, so all sides get evenly cooked.
How to Store
For best results, any leftover egg rolls should be placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Once they’ve cooled off and have been stored the wrapper won’t be as crispy.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Egg Rolls
The best way to reheat them is by tossing them back in the Air Fryer for a few minutes just to heat them through again. I don’t suggest trying to reheat them in the microwave as the outside will get mushy and you won’t get the nice outer crunchy shell that you are expecting with egg rolls.
I don’t recommend trying to freeze them again once you’ve cooked them up the first time.
What Sauce can I use for Dipping?
You can dip your egg rolls in any sauce you love! Whatever sauce you have on hand you normally like to use for your egg rolls is always a great idea.
Some common options are:
- Duck sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sweet and Sour sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
The next time the craving strikes for some yummy Chinese food, before you pull out the carry out menu, or drive to the closest Chinese restaurant, check your freezer to see if you have any frozen egg rolls because now you see just how easy and fast it is to make your frozen egg rolls in the Air Fryer!
- 1 box Frozen Egg Rolls (I made a box of 6)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 375°F for 1-2 minutes, depending on your air fryer model.
- Spray the Air Fryer plate with non-stick cooking oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in the Air Fryer basket in a single layer. Set the timer for 4 minutes and cook.
- Use tongs to turn the egg rolls over and air fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- If needed, add an additional 1-2 minutes of cooking time, until they are golden brown.
- Serve with soy sauce or your favorite sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.