Green Apple Jello Shots are a fun way to liven up the party! In this recipe, green apple jello and Fireball whiskey collide in this delicious green apple flavor jello shot. Fun, bright color and bursting with cinnamon green apple flavor.
Green Apple Jello Shots are an easy and fun way to start off your celebration!
These mouthwatering masterpieces combine the tart apple flavor with a dash of cinnamon magic.
Guaranteed to be a party favorite, this boozy treat is also a great way to celebrate special occasions or events such as game day, pool parties or a backyard BBQ.
Delicious apple flavors and cinnamon whiskey are always a great combo. A few popular cocktails that mix these flavors are this delicious Fireball Apple Cider cocktail and these decadent Apple Pie Shots.
Why You Will Love Green Apple Jello Shots
- A delicious recipe that works all year round.
- These bright green Fireball jello shots are great for special occasions. A perfect addition to your Halloween party, Christmas bash or St. Patrick’s Day.
- The cinnamon flavor really adds kick to the apple flavor.
- Garnish with gummy ring for a unique look plus a sweet and tart chewy treat on top. Who doesn’t love a snack-able jello shot?
- Fireball whiskey jello shots have a yummy unique flavor and stand out compared to the typical vodka jello shots.
More Jello Shot Recipes to Love
Crown Apple Jello Shots: Also a gorgeous bright green and whisky combination.
Pina Colada Jello Shots: Extra fruity, these are made with pineapple juice.
Watermelon Jello Shots: Refreshing rum jello shots.
Apple Pie Jello Shots: Another Fireball jello shot favorite topped with whipped cream.
Super easy! These green apple jello shots only need a few ingredients:
GREEN APPLE JELLO: Green apple jello is the perfect tart and sweet base. I’m using the Sonic brand, but the Jolly Rancher brand will work perfectly too.
FIREBALL WHISKEY: Fireball whiskey adds jut the right amount of spicy cinnamon flavor to the shots.
GREEN APPLE O’s: I found these in my local grocery store, and used two small packages.
COLD and HOT WATER: Even though you’ll add whiskey, you will still need to use water to dissolve the gelatin. I recommend using filtered water for a yummy crisp taste without a lot of minerals being added.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Plastic Shot Glasses: I use these disposable shot glasses for easy clean up!
- Measuring cup
- Baking Sheet (this is great for lining up your jello shots so you can easily move them into the fridge)
How to Make Green Apple Jello Shots
Here’s how to create these easy jello shots:
STEP 1: First, line up your shot glasses on a small baking sheet and set aside. A shallow baking pan will catch any spills, plus allow you to easily place the jello shots in the refrigerator to chill.
STEP 2: In a medium saucepan, bring a 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat and pour the gelatin into the boiling water. Mix together until the gelatin powder is fully dissolved in the hot water.
STEP 3: Add Fireball and cold water. Again, whisk together to ensure all the ingredients are fully mixed.
STEP 4: Pour the jello mixture into your small cups and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set.
STEP 5: Once your shots are set up, top with the Trolli’s Green Apple O’s and serve!
- I know it’s tempting, but don’t add too much alcohol or the green apple gelatin won’t set up properly.
- Be sure to chill your bottle of Fireball Whiskey. This will help your green apple jello shots set up a little quicker.
- Keep these jello shots refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
- Allow plenty of time for your jello shots to set up before you want to serve them. For best results, I suggest allowing at least 4 hours.
- Do not put your jello shots in the freezer. This will break down the jello and make them mushy.
- Never leave these delicious shots sitting out at room temperature. They taste best nice and cold!
Here are a few variations you can use to change up these green apple fireball jello shots:
- Switch out your garnishes. If you can’t find gummy rings, use gummy bears or a fresh slice of apple on top of the jello shots.
- You can tone down the sour apple flavor by substituting cold water with apple juice.
- Want more mouth puckering flavor? Then substitute the 1/2 the cold water with sour apple schnapps.
The great thing about these green apple jello shots is they can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
If you’re making them a few days early, add the lids on top of the plastic cups. This way you can stack them on top of each other, taking up less room in the fridge than if they are sitting on a cookie sheet.
Add your garnish just before serving.
With just a few simple ingredients, these Green Apple Jello Shots are a perfect way to liven up your party.
- 1 box of Green Apple Jello (3.9 oz.)
- 3 cups Water, divided
- 1 cup Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- 16 Trolli Green Apple O’s (two small bags)
- Line up your shot glasses on a small baking sheet and set aside. A shallow baking pan will catch any spills, plus allow you to easily place the jello shots in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium saucepan, bring a 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat and pour the gelatin into the boiling water. Mix together until the gelatin powder is fully dissolved in the hot water.
- Add Fireball and cold water. Again, whisk together to ensure all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Pour the jello mixture into your small cups and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set.
- Once your shots are set up, top with the green apple gummies.
See recipe post for tips and variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.