This festive Grinch Dip is a Grinch-themed dessert that is sweet, green, and creamy. Take the classic cookie dessert dip recipe up a notch this holiday season and put a fun “Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas” spin on it! It’s the perfect treat for both young and old!
This Grinch Dip is a delicious Grinch dessert everyone can share. It’s much like a dunkaroo dip but even creamier.
Create a full cookie tray with a bowl of Grinch Dip in the middle for a gorgeous display that only took you a few minutes to create!
Throw a whole Christmas party with a fun Grinch theme or just watch the Grinch movie with friends. I have all the sweet treats for you to serve. Here are a few more fun Grinch desserts: Grinch Bark, Grinch Pretzels, Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs, Grinch Cupcakes, and these easy Grinch Cookies!
Reasons To Love This Grinch Dip
This is one of my favorite Christmas dip recipes!
- Grinch dip is a holiday-season recipe that’s perfect for dipping cookies while you watch Christmas movies at movie night.
- The perfect delicious dessert dip to bring to a potluck holiday party with family and friends.
- Can be made quickly and only requires a few ingredients.
- No crazy ingredient, just stuff you already have on hand with all your holiday baking recipes.
- Get the kids in the kitchen to make this sweet dip and welcome Christmas spirit to your house.
- Reminds you of a dunkaroo dip but a bit thicker in texture.
More Grinch Desserts
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Large Bowl (microwave safe)
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Serving Bowl
Grinch Dip Ingredients
Here’s all the simple ingredients you need for this recipe. Get more info in the printable recipe card below.
WHIPPED TOPPING: Often called Cool Whip, it gives your dip a fluffy texture. Your whipped topping needs to be refrigerated until ready to use.
YELLOW CAKE MIX: Pick up a box of your favorite mix at the store. you don’t need the other ingredients listed on the box to make a cake, just the dry mix.
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE: Make sure to grab the whipped version and let it sit at room temperature until you’re ready to use it. It mixes into this dip so much easier.
MILK: You only need a quarter cup. Use whatever kind you prefer.
GREEN FOOD COLORING: Start off with just a little food coloring. You can add more as needed to get to the perfect Grinch bright green color desired.
HEART SPRINKLES: I used the little red hearts sprinkles. They really bring the Grinch feel to this dessert- you know the Grinch’s small heart being 3 times too small.
COOKIES: Delicious dunking is the best part! Pick any of your favorite holiday cookies to dip into this fun treat.
STEP 1: Heat the cake mix in a large bowl for 1 minute and 30 seconds in the microwave to heat treat the flour.
STEP 2: Add in your whipped topping, cream cheese, and milk to the mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix until well combined.
STEP 3: Add as much green food coloring as desired and mix it all up again.
STEP 4: Transfer your dip to a serving bowl and add your red sprinkles in the shape of a heart.
STEP 5: Serve with cookies and start dipping.
Is Raw Cake Mix Safe To Use In Grinch Dip?
I know you’re probably thinking we are crazy using a raw cake mix in this decadent dip. But, we heat treat the flour in the cake mix before we use it so it is safe to consume. You don’t have to worry about having any issues from eating too much of this creamy bowl of goodness.
What To Serve With This Dip?
This is such an easy recipe with endless options you can enjoy it with. Try any of these choices:
- Graham Crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Red Sugar Waffers
- Oreo cookies
- Animal crackers
- Homemade cookies (sugar, chocolate chip, or these easy Grinch themed cookies)
- Pretzel twists or Pretzel Rods
How To Store Grinch Cookie Dip
An easy way to store this dip is in the serving container covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Due to the dairy in the dip, it should be refrigerated when done enjoying it as well. It shouldn’t sit on the counter long.
How Long Does This Dip Keep?
Properly stored in the refrigerator, this dip lasts 2-3 days.
Grinch Dip with the little red hearts is the perfect sweet dip to serve at holiday parties and to help you get in the holiday spirit. Grab all the ingredients and make this dessert dip tonight!
- 8 ounce Whipped Cream
- 15 ounce Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Heart Sprinkles
- Green Food Coloring
- Variety of Cookies (for dipping)
- Heat the cake mix in a large bowl for 1 minute and 30 seconds in the microwave to heat treat the flour.
- Add in your whipped topping, cream cheese, and milk to the mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix until well combined.
- Mix in green food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Transfer your dip to a serving bowl and add red heart sprinkles.
- Serve with cookies and fruit.
Please see recipe post for additional information.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.