Grinch Jello Shots are the perfect way to kick off the holiday season. A festive treat made with green jello, vodka, red candy hearts and whipped cream topping. Fun and festive, serve these up for your next holiday party!
Fun Grinch Jello Shots are a great way to mix it up from the usual holiday drinks. If you want a festive Christmas celebration, these bright green jello shots are always a huge hit at holiday parties.
Just watch your party guests grab them up. Which probably means you should make more than one batch!
As you’re looking for cocktail recipes to serve at your next Christmas party, check out all of our Christmas Cocktails for more delicious drinks and tasty jello shots recipes – like these Eggnog Jello Shots! Plus, here’s our very popular Santa Shots which are layered to look like Santa’s belly!
Why You’ll Love these Grinch Jello Shots
- Perfect addition to your Christmas parties.
- Green gelatin is a great color for holiday jello shots.
- They’re cheap and easy to make, so you can make a lot of them!
- Festive jello shots are the way to get the party started.
More Christmas Jello Shots
More Grinch Recipes
If you’re looking for more fun recipes with a Grinch theme, you’ll love these:
What Vodka is Best for these Jello Shots?
You can mix in your regular favorite vodka or use a complimentary flavored vodka. I’m using Svedka Cherry Limeade Vodka for a fruity blend to go with the lime jello. I always like complimentary vodka flavors, it adds more flavor and tastes smoother.
Don’t worry if you don’t have flavored vodka, use a good plain vodka and they will still be tasty!
- Medium Saucepan
- 2 ounce Plastic Shot Glasses (here are shot cups I use)
- Large Measuring Cup
- Cookie Sheet
These Mr. Grinch Jello Shots recipe only needs a few simple ingredients:
GREEN JELLO: You’ll need a bright green jello. In this recipe, I’m using Lime Jello (be sure to read about other variations below for different flavor combinations).
VODKA: One cup of vodka. Jello shots are tastier when you use a complimentary flavored vodka, so I’m using Cherry Lime vodka.
HOT WATER: To melt the gelatin powder.
WHIPPED CREAM: Adds a layer of sweetness and makes a gorgeous garnish. It’s easiest to use the whipped cream in a can so you can get the tall swirl effect.
RED HEART SPRINKLES: Adding heart shaped red sprinkles on top of each jello shot to represent The Grinch’s heart that grows 3x’s its size in the classic movie. It’s the perfect finishing touch.
How to Make Grinch Jello Shots
Here’s the quick step-by-step directions:
STEP 1: Boil 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Once the hot water is boiling, remove from the heat.
STEP2: Pour in the lime jello packet and stir until fully combined.
STEP 3: Pour in the cherry lime vodka and stir.
STEP 4: The next step is to arrange your jello shot cups on a cookie sheet / baking pan or cutting board. This makes it much easier to put the jello shots in the refrigerator.
STEP 5: Use a measuring cup or a ladle with a spout to pour the jello mixture into the plastic cups. Fill them close to the top, but leave a little room for the whipped topping.
STEP 6: Place the jello shots in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until the jello completely sets up.
STEP 7: Just before serving add whipped cream topping and place a red heart sprinkle on top.
- Prefer a green apple flavor? Use green apple jello with either a smooth plain vodka or green apple vodka for a complimentary flavor.
- Prefer rum? These jello shots can be made with a mild white rum such as Bacardi Light Rum instead of vodka.
These Grinch Jello Shots are perfect for Christmas because they’re fun, festive, and easy to make. Plus, they’re a great way to show your holiday spirit! So whether you’re hosting a party or just want to enjoy a few drinks with friends, these jello shots are sure to get you into the holiday spirit.
- 3 oz Box Lime Jello (or green apple jello)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Cherry Like Vodka (or green apple vodka)
- Whipped Cream
- Heart Sprinkles
- Boil 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan and remove from heat.
- Pour in the lime jello packet and stir until fully combined.
- Pour in the cherry lime vodka and stir.
- Arrange your jello shot cups on a cookie sheet / baking pan. This makes it much easier to put the jello shots in the refrigerator.
- Use a measuring cup or a ladle with a spout to pour the jello mixture into the plastic cups. Fill them close to the top, but leave a little room for the whipped topping.
- Place the jello shots in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until the jello completely sets up.
- Just before serving add whipped cream topping and place a red heart sprinkle on top.
See recipe post for flavor variations. Please drink responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.