Grinch Pretzels are a fabulous sweet and salty treat for the holiday season!
Crunchy pretzels dipped in green candy melts and topped with a red heart sprinkle are fun Christmas treats for holiday parties.
Grinch pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet Christmas treat. The green candy melts taste like melted white chocolate while the savory pretzels add the perfect salty crunch.
An easy treat to make in celebration of one of the most adorable and favorite Christmas movies, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. This Dr. Seuss character may be a bit grumpy at first, only to have his heart grow 3 times in size and learn the true meaning of Christmas.
Make it a Grinch Theme Food Movie Night
Snuggle up with the whole family to watch your favorite movie version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Setting up a Grinch theme movie night is so much fun for the whole family. Make a bunch of Grinch snacks and enjoy the show!
For the perfect addition to these adorable Grinch pretzel bites, make one or all of these fun Grinch treats:
- Bake a batch of delicious and chewy Grinch Cookies.
- Serve up a plate of these easy white chocolate Grinch Bark treats.
- Warm up with a cup of hot chocolate with these Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs.
- Top it all off with best flavor Grinch Cupcakes with red candy melts baked in for a sweet surprise of white chocolate bites.
Looking for a Homemade Christmas Gift?
These are the perfect snacks and so quick and easy to make. Whip up several batches for cute homemade Christmas gifts. These sweet treats are a really great idea for hostess gifts.
Fill up a mason jar with these Grinch Pretzels, tie a ribbon and bow around the top and add a gift tag with the Grinch’s famous quote: “What if Christmas doesn’t come from the store? What if Christmas… perhaps, means a little bit more.”
That’s the perfect gift tag to go with a Grinch homemade gift!
Don’t have mason jars on hand? Use Ziploc baggies and staple a cute gift tag on the top.
All you need are 3 simple ingredients to make fun Grinch pretzel bites:
Note: You could use this same recipe and method to make Grinch pretzel rods if you don’t want to use the twist pretzels.
What are Candy Melts?
Candy melts are the perfect substitute for chocolate when you want something that will hold it’s shape.
Most candy melts are flavored to taste like white chocolate and are perfect for making sweet treats. Melted chocolate is more difficult to work with, where as the candy melts will melt smoothly and once set, will hold it’s shape.
How to Make Grinch Pretzels
Easy recipes are exactly what we need at Christmas time and this sweet salty snack fits the bill.
Here are the easy step by step directions:
Step 1: Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
Step 2: Pour green candy melts into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals. Stir well between each heating session. Continue until the candy melts are fully melted.
Step 3: Hold one corner of the mini pretzels, dip it into the melted candy.
Step 4: Place pretzels on the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 5: Place heart sprinkles on top of each dipped pretzel before the melted candy melts set so the red heart sticks to the melted candy.
Step 6: Let sit for 1 hour to set.
How to Store Grinch Pretzels
These candy coated pretzels will stay fresh in an airtight container for a few weeks at room temperature. No need to refrigerate these Grinch bites.
Serve these Grinch Pretzels at your next Christmas party, Grinch movie night or make these special treats for a great hostess gift.
You know these adorable Christmas pretzels will be a hit at your next holiday party.
- 1 bag Light Green Candy Melts
- 1 large bag Mini Pretzel Twists
- 50 Red Candy Hearts Sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper
- Pour green candy melts into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals. Stir well between each heating session. Continue until the candy melts are fully melted
- Hold one corner of the mini pretzels, dip it into the melted candy.
- Place pretzels on the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Add heart sprinkles on top of each dipped pretzel before the melted candy melts set so the red heart sticks to the melted candy.
- Let sit for 1 hour to set.
See post for recipe tips and variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.