Halloween Mummy Brownies are the most adorable Halloween dessert. They’re super simple and easy enough that the kids can help make and decorate them. Mummy Brownies are fun, frosted brownies that are absolutely delicious- a must make for any Halloween party.
These easy mummy brownies are perfect for making a fast Halloween treat. This is the kind of easy recipe that’s perfect for a busy working mom! Mixing and decorating these brownies is a snap.
If you’re into Halloween mummies, you’ll want to make these Maple Cinnamon Halloween Mummy Cookies – talk about taking a sugar cookie recipe up a notch! Or if you’re entertaining the kiddos, these Vampire Teeth Cookies are a no-bake treat the kids can even help make.
More Delicious Halloween Treats
We’ve been sharing all the fun and tasty Halloween and fall goodies this month, like these super cute Monster Rice Krispie Treats. If you’re still looking for fun and festive treats to make, look at all these fun Halloween Treats!
Why You’ll Love Mummy Halloween Brownies
- Easily customizable to add your favorite brownie additives, such as chocolate chips.
- Fun recipe for Halloween school parties.
- Great for bake sales or any chocolate lover.
- Made with homemade brownies (but you can also use a box brownie mix).
- Vegetable oil free!
- Fun Halloween treats the whole family will love.
Here’s all the ingredients you’ll need to make delicious Halloween Mummy brownies:
SUGAR: Granulated white sugar i what gives this favorite holiday recipe that delicious sweet taste.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: Every homemade brownie mix needs some kind of flour.
COCOA POWDER: Brings delicious chocolate flavor to your fudge brownies
SALT: Enhances the flavor of the brownies.
BAKING POWDER: This is your leavening agent.
BUTTER: Melted butter mixes easiest, so pop it in the microwave first.
EGGS: Large eggs is what I recommend.
VANILLA EXTRACT: Another flavor enhancer, the vanilla mixes with the chocolate to make the familiar brownie taste.
WHITE ICING: Make your own, or use store bought icing in a piping bag for easier decorating.
CANDY EYEBALLS: You can usually grab Halloween edible googly eyes at any grocery store holiday or baking aisle. I’m using these adorable girlie eyes with eyelashes. Of course, you can always use the plain candy eyes for a more spooky look!
How to Make Halloween Mummy Brownies
If you are using a box brownie mix, simply follow the box directions and skip to STEP 6 to decorate.
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350F.
STEP 2: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
STEP 3: Add the sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and mix with a silicone or wooden spoon.
STEP 4: Grease your brownie pan (if you are not using a silicone pan) and pour the brownie batter into the square baking pan.
STEP 5: Bake brownies for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie pan and it comes out with just a few crumbs.
STEP 6: Remove brownies from the oven and let them cool.
STEP 7: Once they’re room temperature, cut the brownies into circles using a cookie cutter.
STEP 8: Use the white icing to create the zig zag mummy wrapping. I use the icing that comes in a pouch with a tip on the end because it’s easy to decorate with. Talk about easy peasy!
If you’re using a tub of frosting, add it to a piping bag or sandwich bag with the corner snipped off to create the wraps on the top of the brownies.
STEP 9: Then add your candy eyes to complete these spooky mummy brownies!
Step 10: Don’t let the rest of the brownies go to waste! Chop them into small bites, add drizzles of icing (if you want) and serve them as brownie bites to go with your Halloween Mummy Brownies.
How do I Know When My Brownies are Done?
The brownies will start to pull away from the edges a little. But the best trick for this easy recipe to see when they’re done is to use a toothpick. If you poke the center of the brownie pan and the toothpick comes out with a few crumbs on it, they’re ready. If it has a lot of wet batter, they need to bake a few more minutes.
Variations and Tips
Halloween Mummy Brownies are easy to change up and add your special touches or substitute ingredients.
- You can use box mix brownie or a different brownie recipe, perhaps whatever your favorite brownie recipe is!
- You don’t have to cut them into circles, you can cut them into squares or rectangles. Be sure to use a sharp knife to cut them easier.
- Don’t let the excess brownies go to waster. Add icing and then cut up into brownie bites.
- If you can’t find candy eyes, you can use white chocolate chips with dots of melted chocolate. Or use regular chocolate chips to create the mummy eyes. You can also use the plain candy eyeballs without the eyelashes for a more spooky look.
- If you want to add some richness and extra depth of flavor to your brownies, add some espresso powder.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the large bowl to get all of the batter out of the mixing bowl.
What Other Frosting Can I Use?
Instead of store-bought regular white vanilla frosting, you can use a delicious cream cheese frosting. Or you can use my yummy homemade vanilla frosting recipe.
Another option is to use white candy melts and melt them to create a white chocolate drizzle to use as your mummy wraps. This adds even more chocolate taste to your Halloween Mummy Brownies.
If you have a favorite frosting recipe, or want a quick This mummy brownie recipe is a great base to work from to create your own creation on top of each brownie.
Store your brownie creations in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3-4 days. Brownies can dry out easily, so eat them up in the first few days!
These quick and easy Halloween Mummy Brownies is perfect for a cute and fun snack. So just grab your common baking ingredients and whip up a batch of these Halloween fun treats. Sign up to bring them to your kids Halloween parties or just enjoy a few before you go trick-or-treating!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- White Icing
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- Add the sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and mix with a silicone or wooden spoon.
- Grease your pan (if you are not using a silicone pan) and pour the brownie batter into a square baking pan.
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie pan and it comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let them cool.
- Once they're room temperature, cut the brownies into circles using a cookie cutter.
- Use the white icing to create the zig zag mummy wrapping. I use the icing that comes in a pouch with a tip on the end because it's easy to decorate with. If you're using a tub of frosting, add it to a piping bag or sandwich bag with the corner snipped off to create the wraps on the top of the brownies.
- Add two candy eyes to complete these spooky mummy brownies!
- Don't let the rest of the brownies go to waste! Chop them into small bites, add drizzles of icing (if you want) and serve them as brownie bites to go with your Halloween Mummy Brownies.
See recipe post for variations, substitutions and tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 54gSugar: 39gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.