These Hocus Pocus Cookies are full of color and rich flavors, perfect to serve up this Halloween. With colorful sugar cookie dough, white chocolate chips and sweet sprinkles, these cookies are amazingly yum!
If you’re throwing a Hocus Pocus themed party or movie night, then these will make your dessert table insanely delish!
Who is ready to celebrate the new Hocus Pocus movie? What better way to welcome the Sanderson Sisters back to your television than with some delicious and adorable Hocus Pocus Cookies.
These purple, green, and orange cookies are the perfect Halloween treats to snack on while watching the new flix!
If you’re like me and the original Hocus Pocus is your favorite Halloween movie, you’ll want more fun treats to celebrate the Disney Hocus Pocus 2.
You can make it a Hocus Pocus party food night! Add in these delicious Halloween Chocolate Cookies that fit the theme perfectly and these Hocus Pocus Halloween Milkshakes. Just like this cookie recipe, these are not only delicious but they’re unique and cute.
For those old enough to partake, throw in these fun Hocus Pocus Jello Shots and it’s a Hocus Pocus party for everyone!
Why You’ll Love These Hocus Pocus Cookies
- This is a delicious snack made with fun, festive, and brightly colored ingredients.
- These Halloween cookies are multi-use, great for a Halloween party, Halloween baby showers, Fall Festivals, bake sales, and of course movie nights!
- Soft and chewy, these are nice and thick making every bite amazing.
- It’s a much easier recipe than it looks!
More Cookies for Halloween
- Stand Mixer with Paddle attachment
- 2 Large Bowls
- 4 Medium Bowls
- 1 Small Bowl
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mats
- Tablespoon or Small Cookie Scoop
BUTTER: Use cold, unsalted butter that you cut into cubes.
SUGAR: Granulated white sugar is the main sweetener. If you want to try a different flavor profile, you can use cane sugar or coconut sugar.
EGGS: Grab large eggs from the store and make sure they’re room temperature when you go to make the Hocus Pocus cookie dough.
VANILLA EXTRACT: Vanilla extract brings in a hint of sweetness and actually brings out the other flavors. It’s a must to keep from having dull tasting cookies.
FLOUR: I use both cake flour and all-purpose flour for this recipe. Cake Flour makes sure these cookies are light and fluffy.
CORNSTARCH: Gives these Halloween themed cookies the perfect texture.
BAKING SODA: Your leavening agent that makes your cookies have a chewy texture.
SALT: Always a must for enhanced flavoring of the sugar cookies.
GEL FOOD COLORING: Neon Green, Neon Purple, Neon Orange Gel Food Dye is what I used for this recipe to give it the Hocus Pocus vibes. Gel food dye is much brighter than regular food coloring and even brighter because we’re using the Neon colors.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: White chocolate baking chips are perfect in this recipe to add the most delicious taste! Real chocolate always makes sugar cookies better!
HALLOWEEN SPRINKLES: To get the Hocus Pocus theme, I’m using a mix of purple, black and neon green sprinkles. If you can’t find the right sprinkles at your local store, any candy-coated gems will do that compliment the colored cookie dough. Such as white, black and orange sprinkles.
Here are some cute Halloween sprinkles on Amazon that are the perfect color and even have candy eyes.
How to Make Hocus Pocus Cookies
Simply follow these step-by-step recipe instructions and you’ll have the perfect cookies!
STEP 1: In a large mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine everything. Set aside.
STEP 2: Use 1 medium bowl and add white chocolate chips. In another small bowl add Halloween sprinkles. Set aside.
STEP 3: Using a stand mixer, add cold butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix on high until it’s light, fluffy and combined.
STEP 4: One at a time, add eggs to the butter mixture. Fully combined the first egg before adding the second egg to the butter mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
STEP 5: Add in vanilla extract and continue mixing.
STEP 6: One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed until all of the flour mixture is fully combined.
STEP 7: Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
STEP 8: Once the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 420 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
STEP 9: Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, each into their own medium bowl. Mix a few drops of the gel food dye into each bowl of dough. One purple, one orange, and one green.
STEP 10: Stir the food coloring into the dough until you reach the desired color for each. Add green food coloring to one bowl, orange food coloring to another and purple food coloring to the third bowl.
STEP 11: Scoop a tablespoon amount of colored dough into your hands and roll it into a ball, repeat with the other two colors, so you have 3 colored dough balls.
STEP 12: Lightly push them together and roll into one big ball of dough so each cookie will have 3 different colors. Roll the large dough ball into the white chocolate chips. Next roll the edges of the dough into the sprinkles.
STEP 13: Press the dough ball into a thick disc. Place dough ball on the prepared baking sheet leaving 2 inch space between the cookies so they can flatten as they cook.
STEP 14: Place one baking sheet of cookies in the oven at a time and bake for 12-14 minutes. Carefully watch your delicious cookies to check they don’t over cook. Repeat with second baking sheet.
STEP 15: Allow to slightly cool on the baking sheet before moving them to cool completely.
Tips and Variations
- If you want some crunch to your cookies, add some chopped up nuts like pecans, almond slivers, or macadamia nuts.
- Always place the cookie sheet in the center rack of your oven for best results.
- You can swap the white chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips or semi sweet chips.
- For the best tasting cookies, I try to bake cookies for the lowest time and then can let them cool on a pan to bake just a tad more before moving them to a wire rack to cool. I start at the lower bake time and add 1-2 minutes of bake time as needed.
How to Store
Cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. Ours never last long because everyone always wants to snatch them up!
If you want to make them ahead of time or store for longer, use an airtight container and place them in the freezer for several months.
These will be a hit at your next Halloween party or movie night! Enjoy these light and fluffy sugar cookies with white chocolate chips and Halloween sprinkles that remind us of the Sanderson Sisters. These Hocus Pocus Cookies will be the star of the party!
- 1 ½ cup Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- Gel Food Dye: Neon Green, Neon Purple, Neon Orange
- 3 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Halloween Sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Use 1 medium bowl filled with white chocolate chips. In a small bowl add Halloween sprinkles. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, add cold butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture. Fully combined the first egg before adding the second egg. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 420 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, placing each into their own medium bowl. Mix a few drops of gel food dye into each bowl of dough. One purple, one orange, and one green.
- Stir the food coloring into the dough until you reach the desired color for each.
- Scoop a tablespoon amount of colored dough into your hands and roll it into a ball, repeat with the other two colors, so you have 3 colored dough balls.
- Lightly push them together and roll into one big ball of dough. Roll the dough ball into white chocolate chips and then the edges into the sprinkles.
- Press dough ball into a thick disc. Place dough ball on the prepared baking sheet leaving 2 inch space between the cookies.
- Place one baking sheet of cookies in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes. Carefully watch your delicious cookies to check they don't over cook. Repeat with second baking sheet.
- Allow to slightly cool before serving.
See recipe post for tips and helpful photos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.