This recipe is a fun way to serve up Jello Shots. When it comes to entertaining I look for fun and colorful dishes or cocktails. Jello shot fruit wedges fit the bill and always make my guests smile. After all, Jello is the wiggle jiggle happy desert. Infus with alcohol and serve up for even more fun.
You can bring colorful décor to any gathering with these Jello shots (with or without alcohol). If you’re making “Virgin” Jello shot fruit wedges, follow the steps to clean fruit and pour mixture to set in the rinds, but use the ingredients and directions provided on the Jello box.
- 1 Pot
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 1 Muffin Pan (12 count)
- Tooth Picks
- Sharp knife
Jello Shot Fruit Wedges Ingredients:
- 1 box of Jello (pick your favorite flavor or the color you want to compliment your fruit wedges)
- 1 1/4 cup of Rum, Vodka or Tequila (pick one)
- 6 Oranges OR 8 Lemons OR 12 regular Limes (choose one fruit or mix & match)
- 3/4 cup Boiling Water
Jello Shot Fruit Wedges Directions:
- Rinse your orange, lemon or limes
- Slice each fruit in half (oblong from end to end).
- Use a knife to cut the citrus fruit from the rind and spoon out the fruit. Tip: save this fruit for snacks, smoothies or cocktail garnishes.
- Use a 12 count muffin pan to hold citrus halves, keeping the citrus wedges face up (rind to the bottom of the pan) Tip: If you’re rinds are small (such as with a lime), poke a tooth pick through the top edge on each side to help keep the rind steady in the muffin pan.
- Place rinds in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes or until it is time to pour mixture in them.
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil.
- Stir in Jello powder mix until dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Add 1 1/4 cup of rum, vodka or tequila.
- Remove your fruit rind filled muffin pan and pour the mixture into the rinds.
- Place muffin pan back into the refrigerator and allow 5-7 hours to cool and set.
- Remove each jello filled rind, slice into thick wedges with a sharp knife and serve.
You’re friends are going to love your jello shot fruit wedges!