Hurricane Irma damage reports are coming in now that residents and business owners are able to get back into the Florida Keys.
Here are the best articles and information we’ve found.
Hurricane Irma Damage Articles
Damage from Hurricane Irma Photo Gallery from the Key West Citizen:
Photo gallery of damage and recovery efforts through out the Florida Keys. A lack of photos from major landmarks seems to be a good sign for our favorite tourist town activities. Most notably is the damage to homes and boats north of Key West where the eye of Hurricane Irma passed over Cudjoe Key.
Satellite Imagery of Popular Florida Key Land Marks Before and After:
Great presentation in this article by the staff at the Sun Sentinel. They’ve narrowed down the satellite images of major attractions in the Florida Keys, presenting the before and after satellite images together. A little out dated already as it was published before communication channels were open in the Keys. The images are telling.
Aerial video of Big Pine Key by WXChasing. Significant devastation.
Hurricane Irma Damage Reports – Florida Keys Establishments
A quick list from some of our favorite bars and restaurants in the Florida Keys. Check their Facebook pages for more information. We included pictures or video if they were harder to locate.
- Caribbean Club, Key Largo – No damage. Open for business.
- Blond Giraffe Key Lime Pie Factory, Key Largo – Minor damage to gardens. Closed until Oct. 15.
- Sharkey’s Pub & Galley Restaurant, Key Largo – Minor water damage downstairs. Open for business.
- Snappers, Key Largo – Significant damage. Closed.
- Alabama Jacks, Card Sound Rd. – Found 3 different people commenting on FB that Alabama Jacks has some damage to one porch, had flooding. Cleaning up and should be open soon.
- Hog Heaven, Islamorada – Significant damage. Closed. Picture posted of damage on FB.
- Islamorada Fish Co., Islamorada – No damage. Open for business.
- Lazy Days, Islamorada – Significant damage downstairs. Upstairs is open for business. Video of downstairs damage.
- Lorelei, Islamorada – No damage. Open for business
- Mangrove Mike’s, Islamorada – No damage. Open for business.
- Mile Marker 88, Islamorada – Minor damage. Open for business.
- Robbie’s, Islamorada – Significant damage. State they will be back open in 2 weeks and are happy to get new docks as the old ones were old. Photo on FB from album.
- Tiki Bar (previously known as Rum Runners), Islamorada – Significant damage. Postcard Inn, Raw Bar, Tiki Bar. Closed. Video
- Burdine’s, Marathon – Can’t locate any information.
- Dockside Boot Key Harbor – Significant damage. Co-owner interviewed on TV and she’s not sure they will rebuild. She does have another restaurant (Marathon Grill and Ale House) with minor damage in Marathon.
- Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, Marathon – Open for business.
- Keys Fisheries, Marathon – Significant damage to the upstairs bar. Downstairs did ok. Closed until Oct. 1.
- Sunset Grille & Raw Bar, Marathon – Significant damage to the outside areas. Clean up has begun. Closed.
- No Name Pub, Big Pine Key – Can’t locate any information besides the satellite imagery shows the building intact.
- Square Grouper, Cudjoe Key – Significant damage. Closed.
- Boondocks Grille and Draft House, Summerland Key – Minor damage. Soon to be open for business.
- Boyd’s Campground – Cleaning up. Will open soon.
- Hogfish Bar & Grill, Stock Island – Open for business.
Hurricane Irma Damage Reports – Key West Establishments
Many Key West establishments fared well. We checked all the usual spots and and many haven’t updated their website/facebook or no significant damage is reported. Some are already open for business, others say they will be open shorty. Facebook Page Key West Today is keeping a running post of all establishments who are reporting that they are open for business.
The below Key West establishments have reported damage:
- Casa Marina Resort – Cleaning up and re-opening on Oct. 13.
- Southernmost Beach Resort – Cleaning up and re-opening Oct. 1.
- Blue Heaven – Tree damage, lots of clean up. Closed until Oct. 15. Here is a video posted by Satya Wildwood of her walk through of Blue Heaven.
- Willie T’s – Major damage to outdoor patio area (fallen trees). Reporting they “were bruised” but cleaning up and hope to be open soon.