This Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti combines two family favorite meals, all the best taco flavors, and the comfort you get from a nice bowl of pasta!
This easy Taco Spaghetti recipe is packed with taco flavored ground beef, with hints of chicken broth and almost salsa-like tomatoes and pepper flavors from the Rotel – all nestled in with a hearty bowl of spaghetti pasta.
Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti is a unique spaghetti dish that’s super simple with just 6 ingredients! All cooked in one pot, with a short cooking time which means this meal is ready to serve quickly. Plus, clean up is a breeze!
If you love the idea of this Taco Pasta in the Instant Pot recipe, we have more delicious meals for your whole family. I bet you will love this easy recipe for Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi, or shredded BBQ Chicken.
Both are hearty dinners, made in the Instant Pot and don’t require a ton of time or effort on your part. This makes them perfect quick meals for when you have limited time around dinnertime, just like this super quick Taco Spaghetti recipe!
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti
- This is a great addition to your normal Taco Tuesday meals, while keeping with the Mexican recipes theme, you can trade it out for some new flavors.
- Taco Spaghetti is an easy one-pot meal, well one Instant Pot!
- It’s the perfect dinner recipe for busy weeknights.
- No grumbles when you serve this Instant Pot Taco Pasta recipe for dinner from the peanut gallery- both kids and adults, the whole family, will enjoy this kind of dish!
- This great recipe only needs 6 ingredients and you let the pressure cooker do all the hard work!
- Ready in a short amount of time, less than a half hour!
Why Make this Recipe in the Instant Pot Instead of the Stovetop?
The beauty of the instant pot is the high pressure will steam the spices and flavors into the meat. Instead of needing to let your meat simmer a long time on the stove, the instant pot sears the flavors in quickly.
Plus, in the pressure cooker it’s a one-pot taco spaghetti recipe! On the stove top, you’ll need to cook your pasta separately.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cup
Gather these simple ingredients, get more info in the recipe card below.
GROUND BEEF: I traditionally use ground beef, but you can swap out the lean ground beef for ground turkey.
CHICKEN BROTH: The broth is what will cook your spaghetti noodles and flavor the dish. You can also opt to trade out the chicken broth for beef broth.
ROTEL: I love Rotel! All the tomatoes, onions and peppers are pre-chopped, making dinner even easier. You can swap out regular Rotel for tomato sauce with bell peppers, onions and green chiles, but it might not taste quite the same.
CHEDDAR CHEESE: You can always garnish with more shredded cheddar cheese if desired, or add other cheese options, like a Mexican cheese blend or shredded mozzarella cheese.
TACO SEASONING: Choose your favorite taco seasoning packet or spice bottle. You may also choose to use your own blend of taco seasoning too.
THIN SPAGHETTI NOODLES: Spaghetti noodles work perfectly in this dish. You could swap it out for another type of pasta if preferred. I think pasta shells would work just as well.
CILANTRO (optional): If you love cilantro (I do!) then add a few sprigs for garnish.
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti
This really is an easy peasy lemon squeeze-y kind of recipe! Here’s how to whip it up:
STEP 1: Turn on the saute mode of the Instant Pot and brown your meat. Continue to stir the meat until it’s fully cooked. For 1 pound of ground beef, the cook time is about 5-7 minutes to completely brown your meat.
STEP 2: Use a ladle to remove any excess grease.
STEP 3: With a wooden spoon, stir in the taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes, and chicken broth.
STEP 4: Add in your uncooked spaghetti and be sure to push it down so that it’s mostly submerged under the liquid.
STEP 5: Cover the Instant Pot, seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
STEP 6: Perform a quick release of pressure (be sure to keep the steam away from you). This should take 2-3 minutes. Once the the pressure is completely released, remove the lid using a hot pad to protect your hands.
STEP 7: Stir in the cheese so it melts, making this Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti deliciously cheesy!
How to Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for an easy weeknight dinner already made and ready to go.
You can refrigerate this for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat
You can reheat this pasta dish in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Variations and Tips
While this easy Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti recipe is just perfect the way it is, here are some fun variations you can try for more fun ideas to make Taco Tuesday dinner! You’ll also find some helpful tips to make it easier and safer to make this recipe.
- Be very careful when performing a pressure release. I like to toss a dish towel over the pressure discharge area so nothing sputters out and burns anybody on accident.
- You can add in other ingredients to this cheesy taco pasta, like garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, black beans, corn, or garnish with a dollop of sour cream, or your other favorite taco toppings.
- To help avoid a burn notice from the Instant Pot, always make sure that your pasta is fully submerged under the liquid before you close the pot to pressure cook the pasta. It may also be helpful to deglaze the pot after you cook the ground beef if you have any remnants sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Dial up the spicy level by adding in some sliced jalapenos!
The next time you’re looking for some easy dinner ideas, try this Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti! I mean, who doesn’t love a good, hearty and delicious one-pot recipe?!
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 ounce Taco Seasoning (same as 1 packet)
- 10 ounce Can of Rotel
- 8 ounces Thin Spaghetti Noodles
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Turn on the saute mode of the Instant Pot and brown your meat. Continue to stir the meat until it's fully cooked. For 1 pound of ground beef or turkey, the cook time is about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a ladle to remove any excess grease.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Add in your uncooked spaghetti, pushing it down so that it's mostly submerged under the liquid.
- Cover the Instant Pot, seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Perform a quick release of pressure (be sure to keep the steam away from you). This should take 2-3 minutes. Once the the pressure is completely released, remove the lid using a hot pad to protect your hands.
- Stir in the cheese so it melts, making this Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti deliciously cheesy!
See recipe posts for tips and variations.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 860mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 35g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.