Lemon drop jello shots taste like a tart and sweet citrus treat! The zesty flavor of the lemon is perfectly balanced with the sweetness of the jello, making it a refreshing and delicious way to enjoy a boozy beverage.
Trust me, these shots are sure to be a huge hit at your next party!
Why You’ll Love Lemon Drop Jello Shots
Who doesn’t love fun jello shots? This lemon drop jello shots recipe is a great way to make your favorite spirit into a boozy treat.
- If you love lemon drop martinis, you’re going to love the jello shot version!
- It’s the perfect balance of sour and sweet.
- Easy to make a day or two ahead of time so you can focus on other party planning activities.
- Measuring Cup
- Cookie Sheet or Muffin Tin
- Paring Knife
- 2 oz Plastic Cups (here’s the perfect size plastic shot glasses I use)
Lemon Jello: The 3 ounce small box of jello will make 16 jello shots in this recipe.
Boiling Water: One cup of water brought to a boil to dissolve the jello powder.
Vodka: Use your favorite vodka! Of course, the better the vodka, the better these lemon drop jello shots will taste.
Limoncello: An Italian lemon liqueur, usually with about 30% alcohol by volume, is made from the zest of lemons (lemon rinds). Then, the lemon peel is steeped in alcohol to release the oils, creating a refreshing tart, citrus lemonade alcohol with a slightly sweet finish.
Lemon Juice: Adding 1.5 ounces of lemon juice gives these an extra fresh lemon flavor.
This lemon drop jello shot recipe is quick and easy to make. Here are the step-by-step directions:
STEP 1: Pour the jello powder into a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Add the hot water and stir until the jello powder is completely dissolved.
STEP 3: Set aside to allow to cool slightly before adding the remaining ingredients.
STEP 4: Add Vodka, Limoncello, fresh lemon juice and the 1 tablespoon of cold water into the jello mixture. Stir well.
STEP 5: Arrange the shot glasses in muffin pan holes or on a baking sheet. Pour the jello mixture into the mini shot cups almost to the top.
STEP 6: Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until the jello is completely set.
STEP 7: Before serving, garnish with a thin lemon slice cut in thirds.
More Delicious Jello Shot Recipes
There’s something about lemon drop jello shots that just screams “party.” They’re festive, fun, and most importantly, delicious. Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or just because it’s Wednesday, jello shots are always a good idea.
- 3 ounce box Lemon Jello
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1⁄2 cup Vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Limoncello
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Cold Water
- Pour the jello powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the hot water and stir until the jello powder is completely dissolved.
- Set aside to allow to cool slightly before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add Vodka, Limoncello, lemon juice and the 1 tablespoon of cool water into the jello mixture. Stir well.
- Arrange the shot glasses in muffin tins or on a baking sheet. Fill the mini shot cups almost to the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until the jello is set.
- Before serving, garnish with a thin lemon slice cut in thirds.
Please drink responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.