Pina Colada Jello Shots are deliciously fun and refreshing for the summer. Made with coconut rum, pineapple juice and pineapple jello, these tasty jello shots are perfect for your next summer party, backyard BBQ or pool party.
These Pina Colada Jello Shots are smooth, sweet-flavored jello shots that taste like a mini tropical drink.
Jello shots create such a fun party experience. Invite your friends and family over for a summer celebration and serve up these Pina Colada Jello Shots.
They’ll be a great addition to a Luau party, pool party or backyard BBQ.
Why You’ll Love Pina Colada Jello Shots
- The coconut rum paired with pineapple jello is the perfect summertime combination. Garnish with Maraschino cherries and it’s a fun spin on this amazing Pina Colada cocktail recipe.
- Coconut rum is always a popular summer liquor and goes well with a variety of fruit flavors, the most popular is definitely pineapple.
- Instead of using water, we’re using pineapple juice, which adds an amazing flavor.
For a light rum jello shot, check out these colorful layered Starburst Jello Shots.
Want to go all out with the Pina Colada theme? Make up this quick Pina Colada Fruit Dip and serve up with fresh pineapple chunks, cherries and strawberries.
No time to make these now? Save it for later and pin it to your Pinterest Cocktails board!
More Fun Jello Shots Recipes
Peach Crown Jello Shots – Peach Jello Shots made with Peach Crown Royal Whisky.
Peach Jello Shots with Vodka – Prefer Vodka jello shots? These are peachy delicious too.
Lemon Yellow Starburst Jello Shots – Lemon Starburst Jello Shots taste just like the lemon candy.
Red White and Blue Jello Shots – Red, White and Blue layered jello shots perfect for a patriotic party.
Berry Blue Jello Shots Recipe – Blue jello shots are always fun!
Pineapple Jello Shots – Delicious tropical jello shots.
Peanut Butter Whiskey Jello Shots – gorgeous grape PB&J jello shots.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots (Coconut Rum Yum) – pineapple and coconut are the perfect jello shot combination.
Margarita Tequila Jello Shots – tastes just like the classic cocktail.
More Coconut Rum Drink Recipes
- Whisk /Wooden Spoon / Spatula
- Jello Shot Cups
- Baking Pan / Cookie Sheet
You’ll need three main ingredients to make these easy pina colada jello shots. Then add a fun garnish on top for a gorgeous presentation.
Here’s your ingredients list:
- 1 box of Pineapple Jello (3 oz)
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup of Coconut Rum (Malibu Rum or Parrot Bay are the best)
- Plastic Shot Glasses (2 oz condiment cups)
- Maraschino Cherries (garnish)
- Fresh pineapple chunks (an optional garnish idea)
How Many Jello Shots in One Box of Jello?
Typically, you’ll get 8 jello shots out of one 3 ounce box of jello. Of course, this will be determined by the size of your mini jello shot cups.
I like to use the 2 oz cup size because you get a delightful mouthful of the jello shots. So, if you are using the 2 oz shot glasses, you’ll get 9-10 shots. If you don’t fill up the cups to the top, you can stretch it into 9 jello shots and still get a good-sized jello shot.
To get more jello shots out of a box of jello, you can use the 1 oz plastic shot cups. Now you can really stretch them into 17-18 servings. The smaller size cups might just make you consume more though. I suggest doubling this recipe if need more jello shots or are serving a larger crowd.
How to Make Pina Colada Jello Shots
Step 1: Heat up 1 cup of pineapple juice to a medium heat on the stove. Don’t boil the juice! At medium heat, the juice will be hot enough to dissolve the powdered jello.
Step 2: Once heated, remove the juice from the stove and pour in the pineapple jello packet. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved into the hot pineapple juice.
Step 3: Once the pineapple jello is completely dissolved, pour in 1 cup of coconut rum.
Step 4: Arrange the mini shot cups in a shallow baking pan, cookie sheet or drop the inside a muffin pan. Use anything that will make it easy for you to transfer the jello shots in and out of the refrigerator.
Step 6: Pour the jello mixture into the mini shot cups. Place the shots in the refrigerator and leave them until the jello sets up. This can take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
TIP: I always suggest getting these in your fridge at least 4 hours before you need to serve.
Step 7: Top with a Maraschino cherry or a fresh slice of pineapple and serve.
- Add whipped cream on top just before serving. Whipped cream is a fun, creamy and sweet garnish.
- If you’re using whipped cream, you can also add a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge instead of or with a maraschino cherry.
Putting together these Pina Colada Jello Shots is really a quick and easy process. Feel free to make several batches up to two days before serving so you have plenty before the celebration. Make sure to store them in the refrigerator with the mini shot cup plastic lids on top. When it’s time to start the party, you can add the garnish and serve.
All your friends will surely love these Pina Colada Jello Shots.
- 1 Box of Pineapple Jello (3 oz)
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup of Coconut Rum (Malibu or Parrot Bay)
- Plastic Shot Glasses / Mini Condiment Cups (2 oz condiment cups)
- Maraschino Cherries
- Fresh pineapple slices (optional garnish idea)
- In a large pot, heat pineapple juice on medium heat (do not boil)
- Once the juice is heated, pour in the pineapple jello packet. Mix well.
- Remove from stove and pour in coconut rum. Stir well.
- Pour jello shot mixture into mini plastic shot glasses and refrigerate until jello sets (approximately 2-4 hours).
- Add garnish. A Maraschino cherry on the top and (optional) a fresh pineapple chunk.
See article for variations and additional garnishment ideas. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.