Pumpkin Sangria is bright, sweet and delicious! The combination of pumpkin, apple and cinnamon creates a festive and delicious drink to enjoy the fall flavors. It’s the perfect cocktail for entertaining. You’ll want to serve up this pumpkin spice sangria for all your fall celebrations.
Pumpkin spice sangria is the perfect fall cocktail because it combines the best flavors of the season. The pumpkin puree and spices give the drink a rich, creamy flavor, while the apple cider adds a tarter sweetness. The result is a well-balanced cocktail that is sure to please any crowd.
Why You’ll Love Pumpkin Sangria
- It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- Pumpkin drinks are all the rage for the fall holiday season and your guests will love your extra effort.
- Make it easy on yourself, mix in a large pitcher or punch bowl and let friends serve themselves.
- This recipe is perfect for a Halloween Party, Thanksgiving or any time you need a beautiful sangria for the fall season.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a bottle of wine and get mixin’!
Which White Wine is Best for Pumpkin Sangria?
The best white wine for sangria is a dry white wine. These wines are typically light-bodied, refreshing and bright acidity flavors.
A dry white wine is a wine that has very little residual sugar. This means that the wine has been fermented completely, leaving little to no sweetness.
Good dry white wines for sangria are Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
Pumpkin Puree: A thick, smooth, and creamy spread. It’s made by blending cooked pumpkin until it reaches a thick, paste-like consistency. It’s different than Pumpkin Pie Filling which contains added spices, but we don’t use it because we are using pumpkin pie spice in this recipe.
Sugar: The addition of sugar to a sangria recipe is mostly for sweetness and to help balance the acidity of the wine.
Vanilla Extract: Adds depth of flavor and a touch of sweetness.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Wouldn’t be a fall sangria without it! Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
White Wine: Use a dryer white wine such as Pinot Grigio or a Riesling. Chardonnay is a tad sweeter typically, but it will also work well in this recipe.
Spiced Rum: Spiced rum generally has a sweet, warming flavor with notes of vanilla. Adding even more flavor. I use Captain Morgan, but you can use your favorite spiced rum.
Sparkling Apple Cider: Adding the bubbly and apple flavor that mixes so well with pumpkin. Sparkling Apple Juice works just the same, so whichever you buy will work great.
Fresh Apples: Add crisp apples to the pitcher of sangria and let the fruit soak up the the mixture, which makes for a great little snack. You can also to keep a few apple slices for garnish if you’d like.
Cinnamon Sticks: Add one to each glass for garnish. While drinking, swirl it around in your glass for an added touch of cinnamon.
How to Make Pumpkin Sangria
The first step is to make the pumpkin syrup.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vanilla. Heat on medium heat until simmering.
Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until syrup begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
Now, grab a large pitcher and add sparkling apple cider, white wine, and spiced rum.
Add 1 cup of the pumpkin syrup you made in the first step.
Slice 3 apples (removing the core and any seeds) and add some into the pitcher.
Add ice to your cocktail glass and fill with pumpkin sangria, making sure to get several apple slices into each glass.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Tips and Variations for Pumpkin Pie Sangria
- You can discard the rest of the syrup, or put it in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator to use in your coffee.
- You can add other fresh fruit to the mixture. Along with apples, sweet pears would also taste lovely in this white sangria and even more color.
- If you’re not a fan of spiced rum, you can substitute with Pumpkin Pie Vodka. It’s a whole different taste, but it’s still a great combination.
- Allow the sangria to sit for 30 minutes before serving to let the fruit soak.
More Fall Cocktails to Love
When the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to change color, that can only mean one thing: it’s time for pumpkin sangria! This refreshing and festive drink is perfect for serving at any fall gathering, from a casual get-together with friends to a formal family dinner. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make, which means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the company of your loved ones.
This Pumpkin Sangria recipe is fruity with just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavors you’re friends and family are going to love.
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 cups Sparkling Apple Cider
- 4 ½ cups White Wine
- 1 cup Spiced Rum
- 3 Red Apples, sliced
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vanilla. Heat on medium heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until syrup begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pitcher add sparkling apple cider, white wine, and spiced rum.
- Add 1 cup of the pumpkin syrup you made in the first step.
- Slice 3 apples (removing the core and any seeds) and add some into the pitcher, save slices for garnish.
- Add ice to your cocktail glass and fill with pumpkin sangria. Make sure to get several apple slices into each glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
See recipe post for tips and variations. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.