Pumpkin Spice White Russian is the perfect fall twist on a classic cocktail. This creamy and rich cocktail is perfect for the holiday season, whether you’re serving it for fall or Thanksgiving, this tasty fall cocktail is sure to get you into the holiday spirit!
This Pumpkin Spice White Russian cocktail is a favorite drink based off this classic White Russian recipe. The White Russian gained a new surge of popularity after it was constantly featured in the movie, the Big Lebowski and now is quite a popular cocktail.
But, this time of year is when we break out the fall version of our favorite cocktails! By adding in the pumpkin spice and pumpkin creamer, it’s a fun twist on the traditional White Russian cocktail, making it one of my favorite fall cocktails.
The best part about this classic drink is how easy it is to change up to create new flavors. Just like this Bailey’s White Russian or this Peanut Butter Whiskey White Russian, it’s a versatile drink that only needs a handful of ingredients.
Which is why it’s perfect for seasonal cocktails!
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- Pumpkin spice flavors mixed with coffee liqueur and cream is a perfect combination.
- If you love a pumpkin spice latte, you’re going to love this delicious fall cocktail.
- It’s a fun way to celebrate the pumpkin season and makes a fantastic Thanksgiving cocktail.
More White Russian Recipes
Here are a few more delicious recipes that make festive drinks. Try then all and find which one is your favorite White Russian cocktail recipe:
All you need are a few ingredients to make the perfect Pumpkin White Russian:
VODKA: Use a good quality, smooth vodka for best results. I’m a fan of Kettle One vodka or Tito’s vodka.
COFFEE LIQUEUR: I use original Kahlua for the coffee liqueur.
PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER: Pumpkin spice creamer is the easiest way to get the perfect pumpkin flavor. If you can’t drink dairy coffee creamer, see our variations below.
HEAVY CREAM (optional): I love the addition of the small amount of heavy cream as it makes this pumpkin white russian cocktail extra creamy.
PUMPKIN SPICE: The perfect blend of spices, pumpkin spice includes cinnamon, ginger, cloves, all spice and nutmeg. We’ll add a pinch in the drink and use for garnish on the rim of your rocks glass.
SUGAR: Mixed with pumpkin spice for the sweet rim. You can also use brown sugar for a thicker garnish on the rim.
SIMPLE SYRUP OR CORN SYRUP: Used to wet the rim of your glass so they sugar and pumpkin spice will stick.
WHIPPED CREAM (optional): An optional topping that adds flavor and creaminess.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice White Russian
STEP 1: Mix a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice together in a shallow bowl or small plate (like a saucer).
STEP 2: Add simple syrup or corn syrup to a separate small plate.
STEP 3: Roll the rim of your low ball glass or old fashioned glass in the syrup. Then roll it in the sugar mixture to cover the rim. Then fill your glass with ice.
STEP 4: In a cocktail shaker add vodka, Kahlua, creamer and just a pinch of pumpkin spice. Add a handful of ice cubes and shake until the outside of the shaker is chilled.
STEP 5: Strain the Pumpkin Spice White Russian mixture into your prepared glass.
STEP 6: Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Substitutions for Coffee Creamer
If you can’t find pumpkin spice creamer or need a lactose free cream, here are a few alternatives you can try and still get a delicious Pumpkin White Russian:
- If the local store doesn’t have pumpkin creamer, use heavy cream or whole milk and add in a teaspoon of pumpkin puree.
- If you need a lactose free creamer, you an buy coffee creamers made from oat milk, almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk. I do caution against using coconut milk, simply because it will change the flavor profile. Again, if it isn’t pumpkin flavored, add in a teaspoon of pumpkin puree. Please note, that using alternative milks will most likely make less creamier cocktails.
TIP: When making substitutes, continue to add pumpkin puree until the flavor suits your tastes.
Here are a few easy variations you can make to this Pumpkin Spice White Russian recipe:
- Add a tablespoon of pumpkin puree for a more pronounced pumpkin flavor.
- You can substitute regular vodka with pumpkin vodka or vanilla vodka. Both will work great in this recipe.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and swirl it into your drink to add a touch more of cinnamon flavors.
- If you want to go all out fancy, crush a few graham crackers and mix it in with the brown sugar and pumpkin spice for the rim.
A Pumpkin Spice White Russian is the perfect fall drink to serve up for a fun pumpkin cocktail. A sweet cocktail with pumpkin, coffee and creamy flavors that’s perfect for serving your friends and family this fall.
- 1.5 ounces Vodka (one shot)
- 1.5 ounces Coffee Liqueur (like Kahlua, one shot)
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 1 ounce Heavy Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 pinch Pumpkin Spice
- Whipped Cream, garnish
Rim of Glass
- 1 teaspoon Simple Syrup or Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, for rim
- Mix a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice together in a shallow bowl or small plate (like a saucer).
- Add simple syrup or corn syrup to a separate small plate.
- Roll the rim of your low ball glass or old fashioned glass in the syrup. Then roll it in the sugar mixture to cover the rim. Fill your glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker add vodka, Kahlua, creamer and just a pinch of pumpkin spice. Add a handful of ice cubes and shake until the outside of the shaker is chilled.
- Strain the Pumpkin Spice White Russian mixture into your prepared glass.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
See recipe post for variations and substitutions. Please drink responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 62gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.