Purple Hooter Jello Shots have a delicious fun and fruity flavor! The combination of grape jello, raspberry liqueur, vodka and lime juice tastes just like the popular drink by the same name. Perfect to serve for Halloween or, let’s be honest, it’s always fun to serve up a purple jello shot!
Be sure to make plenty, as these easy purple hooter jello shots will go fast!
Why You’ll Love this Purple Hooter Jello Shots Recipe
- The combination of these fruity flavors have a great taste! Fruity grape jello mixed with raspberry flavor is amazing.
- Everyone loves a fun purple jello shot! The vibrant purple colored jello will make these a huge hit.
- It’s an easy Halloween party cocktail recipe you can double or triple for your next party.
This delicious jello shot isn’t only a Halloween cocktail. Serve it up for Mardi Gras, Football Parties or simply the perfect addition to your next festive party!
What is Raspberry Liqueur?
Oh, this stuff is yum! I use Chambord Raspberry Liqueur. It’s a delicious, sweet raspberry flavor. This smooth fruity liqueur mixes perfectly with grape jello.
Chambord Raspberry Liqueur is a French liqueur that’s made with blackberries, raspberries, and Cognac. It is fruity with a light alcohol punch. Chambord can even be enjoyed on its own for a sweet sipper or used in cocktails like this French Martini or this amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot.
What is the Best Vodka for Jello Shots?
A higher end vodka always turn out best. Grey Goose, Ketel One and Tito’s are all mid-priced vodkas that are smoother with less of a “bite” when mixed into jello shots.
Of course, if you have a favorite smooth vodka, use it!
More Jello Shots to Love
Here are the tools you’ll need to gather to make these purple hooter jello shots:
- Medium Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- 2 ounce Plastic Shot Glasses – Here are the ones I use from Amazon: Mini Plastic Shot Glasses
All you need are 4 simple ingredients for this jello shot recipe!
GRAPE JELLO: All you need is one box of the small 3 ounce grape jello packet.
RASPBERRY LIQUEUR: Chambord Raspberry Liqueur tones down the grape flavor with added berry sweetness and makes these vodka jello shots smooth.
VODKA: Use your favorite vodka! Of course, the better the vodka, the smoother these will taste.
LIME JUICE: A hint of citrus rounds out this purple jello shots recipe by adding a little acidic flavor to keep them from becoming too sweet.
GARNISH: (Optional) If you want, top with a maraschino cherry.
How to Make Purple Hooter Jello Shots
This easy recipe makes 16 jello shots:
Line up your jello shot cups on a baking sheet / cookie sheet.
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Once it’s boiling, remove from the heat. You can mix it in the saucepan or pour the boiling water into a mixing bowl.
Pour the grape jello powder into the boiling water and whisk until it is fully dissolved.
Stir in 2/3 cup vodka, 1/4 cup Chambord raspberry liqueur and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Stir until all ingredients have blended together.
Pour the jello mixture into the mini jello shot cups. Fill them up to the rim.
Place in the refrigerator and let the jello shot mix chill for 2-4 hours until the jello is completely set.
Keep in the refrigerator with the jello shot cup lids on top until ready to serve.
If adding garnish, place a maraschino cherry on top just before serving.
These easy Purple Hooter Jello Shots are fun and tasty! If you’re looking for new ideas for jello shots, these are exactly what you need for your next get together!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounce box Grape Jello
- 2⁄3 cup Vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Raspberry Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- Line up jello shot cups on a baking sheet / cookie sheet.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat. You can mix it in the saucepan or pour the boiling water into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the grape jello powder into the boiling water and whisk until it is fully dissolved.
- Stir in 2/3 cup vodka, 1/4 cup Chambord raspberry liqueur and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Stir until all ingredients have blended together.
- Pour the jello mixture into the mini jello shot cups. Fill them up to the rim.
- Place in the refrigerator and let the jello shot mix chill for 2-4 hours until the jello is completely set.
- Keep in the refrigerator with the jello shot cup lids on top until ready to serve.
- If adding garnish, place a maraschino cherry on top just before serving.
See recipe posts for tips. Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.