Air Fryer Baked Apples are a warm, sweet and classic comfort fall dessert, made even easier in an air fryer.
Juicy, tender whole baked apples filled with pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon then baked to perfection. This easy baked apple recipe makes a delicious air fryer apple dessert the whole family will adore this fall.
Air Fryer Baked Apples
When it comes to air fryer recipes, these Air Fryer Baked Apples are actually an easy and yummy sweet dessert. And the fall season is the best time for apple recipes! The best apples come into season in September, October and thru late November. Making this easy-baked apples recipe just perfect for the Fall season. Plus, it’s a deliciously satisfying dessert for a Thanksgiving. Your family and friends will love them!
These old-fashioned baked apples are just as amazing made in the air fryer! Delicious cinnamon baked apples with brown sugar and nutty crumble topping are so flavorful, it’s now one of our all-time favorite air fryer desserts. When I do want a super easy air fryer apple dessert, these 3 ingredient apple hand pies are my go-to!
Once these fresh apples are air fried (baked) they become just the right amount of tender and juicy. The sweet apples are stuffed with a crumble middle, which becomes a gooey pecan warm glaze of brown sugar and cinnamon, pair perfectly. Together, this air fryer apple dessert is heavenly!
Air Fryer Baked Apples Ingredients
Here’s the list of ingredients for this easy dessert:
- Good Baking Apples – I’m using Gala apples which is a mild and sweet apple.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar includes molasses which is superior to white sugar in this recipe.
- Cinnamon – The perfect fall spice.
- Pecans – Adds a nutty crunch and holds together the caramelized glaze.
- Almond Flour – Almond Flour is more moist plus adds to the nutty flavor.
- Coconut Oil – Creates the caramelized topping when mixed with sugar and cinnamon. A healthy alternative to butter, but you can substitute with the same amount of butter if you prefer!
What apples are best for baked apples?
There are several best apples for baking in the air fryer. You can use any of these favorite apples to make this delicious baked apple recipe:
- Granny Smith Apples
- Regal Gala (sweeter apple)
- Fuji Apples (sweeter apple)
- Pink Lady Apples
- Honeycrisp Apples
Are Baked Apples Soft?
Air fryer apples are baked or in this case, air fried, the apples are soft enough to cut with a spoon or fork. They hold just enough crispness to keep their shape but are soft enough to enjoy as a dessert.
How Long do Baked Apples Take to Make?
In the air fryer, baked apples are ready in just 20 minutes!
No time to make Baked Apples in the Air Fryer right now? Save it for later and pin it to your fall dessert Pinterest Board!
How To Make Baked Apples in the Air Fryer
These simple baked apples in the air fryer are easier than they look! Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Choose 4 large apples that are able to stand up well. We don’t want the inside goodness to fall out.
Tip: If you have one apple that isn’t sitting upright, slightly trim the bottom spot that is causing the apple to tilt.
Step 2: Slice the top off of each apple so each apple has a flat surface on top.
Step 3: Core all your apples with a sharp pairing knife or small melon ball scoop to create a hole in the middle. An apple corer works well too, but make sure you do not cut all the way through the bottom of the apple.
Tip: If you accidentally cut through the bottom of the apple, place a piece of apple inside the hole that is large enough to cover the bottom opening. This will act as a stopper or plug to keep the filling from running out of the apple.
Step 4: Preheat the air fryer (approximately 2 minutes) at 320 degrees F.
Step 5: Remove the air fryer basket, place apples inside making sure they are separated and not touching.
Sprinkle the top of the apples with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon with cinnamon.
Step 6: Air fry these baked apples at 320 degrees for 15 minutes.
Tip: All air fryers cook a little differently and your cooking time might be slightly shorter or longer. The first time you make this recipe, start checking the apples after 12 minutes to make sure there is no burning. After you’ve made this recipe once, you’ll know the perfect cook time for your air fryer.
Step 7: While you’re apples are in the air fryer, make the pecan stuffing.
First, chop your pecans into small pieces and place them in a small bowl. Add almond flour, brown sugar and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
Step 8: Remove the cooked apples from the air fryer and scoop the pecan mixture into the apples.
Continue to add the pecan mix until the hole is filled and then add the remaining mix on top of the apples.
Step 9: Place the baked cinnamon apples back into the air fryer with the nutty crumble stuffing. Make sure they are in a single layer so the hot air can circulate around each stuffed apple. Air fry them for another 5 minutes on 320 degrees.
Serve the air fryer baked apples while still warm. The apples should be easy enough to eat with a spoon. They’ll still have a slight crunch, but soft enough that a spoon can cut through them.
Air Fryer Baked Apple Variations
These baked apples in the air fryer are absolutely delicious on their own! But you can make several substitutions if preferred or add additional toppings before serving.
- Substitute coconut oil with butter. Use the same amount of butter called for in the recipe in lieu of coconut oil.
- Substitute pecans with walnuts.
- Substitute brown sugar with light brown sugar for fewer calories, although they taste better with dark brown sugar because it has more molasses.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup of chopped raisins or dried cranberries to the pecan nut mixture.
- Top the baked apples with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and apple pie spice.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Lightly drizzle with warm caramel sauce before serving for an extra sweet flavor.
More Air Fryer Desserts To Love
Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies (Fall YUM) – make mini pumpkin hand pies using canned pie filling for an easy and tasty pumpkin pie dessert.
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies (Only 3 Ingredients!) – another great air fryer apple dessert perfect for the fall season.
Air Fryer Peach Hand Pies – easy air fryer dessert featuring canned peach pie filling. You can use this recipe for just about any fruit pie filling flavor!
Air Fryer Apple Pie Roll Ups – Make individual apple pie roll up desserts with a buttery cinnamon sugar coating.
Can you refrigerate Baked Apples?
Absolutely! If you have any leftover apples, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate. Don’t just cover them with plastic wrap, they’ll stay longer in an air-tight container.
How Long Can Baked Apples Stay in the Fridge?
Air fryer baked apples can be made ahead of time and placed in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Baked Apples in the Air Fryer
Much like how you baked them the first time, for just less time. Again, every air fryer is different and cook times will vary.
Start with 5 minutes at 320 degrees. If they are not warmed all the way through, then add a few more minutes. It should take anywhere from 5-9 minutes to reheat in the air fryer.
Enjoy these air fryer baked apples for a sweet treat and a comforting warm fall dessert!
- 4 Gala Apples (or apples of choice)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pecan Crumble Topping
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Choose 4 large apples that are able to stand up well.
- Slice the top off of each apple so each apple has a flat surface on top.
- Core all your apples with a sharp pairing knife.
- Preheat the air fryer (approximately 2 minutes) at 320 degrees.
- Place apples inside the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching.
- Sprinkle the top of the apples with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon with cinnamon.
- Air fry the apples on 320 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine chopped pecans, almond flour, brown sugar and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Remove the baked apples from the air fryer and scoop the pecan mixture into the apples and on top of the apples.
- Air fry the apples for another 5 minutes on 320 degrees.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.