Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings with a deliciously crispy outside and tender inside! This easy recipe is made with lemon pepper seasoning for that perfect zesty citrus and pepper flavor.
Heat up your air fryer and make these extra crispy chicken wings for an easy weeknight dinner or game day appetizer.
Air fryer chicken wings really do make the perfect appetizer! Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce, celery sticks and baby carrots for game day parties. Ensure to make extra as everyone will gobble them up.
Don’t forget, wings are great for everyday meals too. In our home, we’ll easily make chicken wings several times a month.
We never get tired of making air fryer recipes because they’re so dang easy. This air fryer lemon pepper wings recipe is exactly the kind of dinner you can make on a busy weeknight or on the weekends for a quick snack.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 12 Chicken Wings
- Cooking Spray
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (a dry rub seasoning)
Are Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Low Carb?
Yes, they are! If you’re looking to cut out calories, these chicken wings with the lemon pepper seasoning don’t need a dipping sauce. They are great on their own and low carb.
Speaking of cutting out extra calories, air frying is the best cooking method if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to deep frying wings in oil. An air fryer uses high heat and an internal fan to circulate air much like a convection oven. The circulating air is the key to getting extra crispy skin on the outside while keeping the chicken meat juicy on the inside. So many chicken recipes are practically made for air frying.
Because there is no breading in this air fryer chicken wing recipe, it makes a perfect meal if you’re following a Keto diet.
What is Lemon Pepper Seasoning Made Of?
Lemon pepper seasoning is a staple in the spice rack! It’s my go-to spice for an easy recipe when cooking chicken or fish. The combination of tangy lemon and cracked pepper really adds a fresh flavor. If you look in the spice aisle at the grocery store, just about every brand will offer its own lemon pepper seasoning.
It’s typically made with dehydrated lemon zest or lemon oil. Plus, black pepper, a little salt, sugar, garlic powder and/or onion powder. All this is crushed together and baked to create a dry rub lemon pepper seasoning.
I took a quick look at several brands in the store and all were zero carbs and zero fat. No wonder it’s one of my favs!
How to Make Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
All you need are the 5 ingredients, an air fryer and less than 30 minutes. Now that’s a simple recipe you make any time!
1. The first step in this chicken wing recipe is to pull them out of the refrigerator and let them reach room temperature. We don’t want to start cooking these while they are too cold.
2. After reaching room temperature, you’ll need to remove any excess liquids. This is an important step, but especially if you thawed out frozen chicken wings. There will be a good amount of water that needs to be removed. Simply use a paper towel to quickly pat each chicken wing dry.
3. Next, spread the wings out on a flat surface. You can use a cutting board, large plate, sheet pan, etc… Then lightly spray the wings with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees and place the wings in the air fryer basket or rack (depending on your model). Close the air fryer and set the timer for 20 minutes.
If possible, separate wings into a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. If you need to stack the wings, make sure to rotate them halfway through to make sure the airflow is getting to all sides of your chicken wings. You may need to add a couple of extra minutes of cook time to make sure the wings get fully cooked.
5. Now it’s time to season these with a lemon pepper blend. Remove the wings from the air fryer and again you’ll lightly spray them with olive oil. Now sprinkle each wing with lemon pepper seasoning and place them back in the air fryer.
6. Set the timer for 6-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your wings. I like mine crispy, so I will cook them for the full ten minutes.
Pro Tip: The first time you make this chicken wings recipe, check them a few times throughout the cooking process. It doesn’t hurt to open the air fryer a few times. Once you’ve made air fryer lemon pepper wings a time or two, you’ll know exactly how long you need to cook them in your particular air fryer. They all have slight variations depending on the size of your air fryer and brand.
Favorite Sauces for Dipping Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
I like all the creamy sauces for my lemon pepper wings! Try these creamy dressings for dipping sauces.
- Ranch Dressing
- Peppercorn Ranch Dressing’
- Garlic Parmesan Dressing
- Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing
Storing Leftover Chicken Wings
You’ve got leftovers?!? That’s a surprise! If you have just a few wings leftover, store them in the fridge in a zip lock bag if you plan on eating them the next day. If you need to store them for a couple of days then use a good airtight container. You can keep the leftovers in the fridge for about 3 days.
How to Reheat Leftover Crispy Wings
If you reheat your leftover lemon pepper air fryer wings, you want them to turn out crispy again! Reheating in a microwave or conventional oven will make them too soft.
To reheat these chicken wings, pop them back into the air fryer at 350 degrees (pre-heated) for approximately 10 minutes. This will revive these delicious wings into crispy delights.
No time to make Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings right now? Save this pin to Pinterest to make them later! Enjoy!
- 12 Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (dry)
- Remove your chicken wings from the refrigerator and let them reach room temperature.
- Pat each wing dry with a paper towel.
- Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Place on air frying rack or in the basket and air fry for 20 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and lightly spray with cooking spray and sprinkle on lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place wings back in air fryer for 6-10 minutes until they reach your desired crispness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.