This delicious Vodka Hot Chocolate recipe is kicking it up a notch with a salty sweet caramel vodka. This easy recipe will turn a simple cup of hot chocolate into a deliciously festive holiday cocktail.
Caramel vodka and homemade hot chocolate are simply made to go together, trust me! With the holiday season upon us, it’s the perfect time for a warm and cozy cup of spiked hot chocolate.
Vodka hot chocolate is already a delicious combination and hits the spot when you’re craving a boozy chocolate drink. Replacing regular vodka with a caramel vodka is definitely next level goodness.
This warm and creamy alcoholic hot chocolate is the best way to beat the cold weather! It’s the kind of hot drink you’ll love to cozy up with after a long day, but it’s also a great drink for festive occasions. Serve it up as a delicious and surprising cocktail for any occasion where you’d typically serve winter cocktails.
This just might be your new favorite hot chocolate that will also delight your friends and family on Christmas or New Year’s day.
What does Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka Taste Like?
Caramel Vodka adds complexity to mixed drinks. This sweet liquor has the deep and rich flavor of caramel and hints of butterscotch, but not so sweet to be overwhelming. The warmth from the vodka and lingering taste of caramel is sweetly satisfying.
- Whole Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Heavy cream
- Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
- Garnish: whipped cream, marshmallows and caramel sauce
How to Make Caramel Vodka Hot Chocolate
Here are the easy step-by-step directions:
Step 1: In a medium to small saucepan add milk, cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt.
Step 2: Heat milk and hot chocolate mixture over medium heat until it is steamy, using a whisk to mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Mix in heavy cream and remove from the stove.
Step 4: Here’s where this vodka hot chocolate becomes next level! Add caramel vodka and stir.
Step 5: Pour the vodka hot chocolate into two mugs and add garnish.
Step 6: For garnish, add mini marshmallows, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Can I Make Substitutions?
Sure! This is a simple recipe you can easily modify to match your tastes. Here are a few easy substitution ideas:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate: If you love dark chocolate, you can replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips which will add a little extra dark chocolate bitter flavor.
- Whole Milk: It helps create this creamy boozy hot chocolate, but I know everyone doesn’t drink whole milk. I wouldn’t use anything less than 2% dairy milk. You can try oat milk, soy milk and other milk alternatives. Just know your adult hot chocolate might not be as creamy.
- Hot Water: If you want to scale back on milk, you can cut it in half and use water. This isn’t the best option for creaminess, but it can be done.
- Heavy Cream: Heavy cream and whole milk are the key to the creaminess of this hot chocolate recipe, but if you already have Half and Half on hand, it’ll work too.
- Chocolate Syrup: Add a little chocolate syrup drizzle on top of your caramel drizzle for an extra kick of chocolate.
This spiked hot chocolate recipe will also work well with other flavored vodkas such as whipped cream vodka, vanilla vodka or marshmallow vodka. Of course, it won’t taste like a caramel vodka hot chocolate, your cocktail will take on the flavors of whichever vodka you choose. Feel free to use the base recipe and play with it to create your favorite spiked hot chocolate flavor.
No time to make this vodka hot chocolate right now? Save it for later! Share it to Facebook or Pin it to your Pinterest cocktails board.
If you love caramel and you love hot chocolate, then you’ll love this vodka hot chocolate recipe. It’s the best of both worlds. So this holiday season, try out this delicious caramel vodka hot chocolate and beat the winter chill with a festive holiday cocktail.
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 2 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 3 oz. Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
- Mini Marshmallows (garnish)
- Whipped Cream (garnish)
- Drizzle of Caramel Sauce (garnish)
- In medium saucepan add milk, cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt.
- Heat over medium heat until steaming while whisking the mixture thoroughly.
- Add heavy cream, whisk and remove from the stove.
- Add caramel vodka and stir.
- Pour the vodka hot chocolate into two mugs.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce on top.
See the article for substitutions and variations for vodka hot chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.