Red White and Blue shots are always fun and festive. Crown Royal Peach whisky is the hit of the summer cocktails! With a delicious creamy peach flavor, this red white and blue shot is fantastic for 4th of July drinks.
Red white and blue shots are simply gorgeous and taste just as good as they look. Delicious and stunning, serve these layered shots for any patriotic holiday celebration.
Once it starts getting warm outside, Peach Crown Royal is in my liquor cabinet! Fans of this peach whisky know it mixes well fruit juices, lemon-lime sodas and it’s amazing with cream.
In this patriotic shot recipe, the mix of Peach Crown with cream is decadent and it goes well with the light orange flavor of Blue Curacao and hints of cherry from the Grenadine. Think peaches and cream with a spike of Crown, which is what this 4th of July shot reminds me of the most!
It’s a cool, smooth and sweet layered shot, that tastes like peaches and cream with a cherry on top.
If you love Peach Crown, here are even more tasty Crown Royal Peach drinks:
Crown Peach and Cream Soda – Crown Peach and Cream Soda is extra summer peach smooth.
Crown Royal Peach Sparkling Mixed Drink – Peach Crown and fizzy bubbles are amazing together.
Crown Peach Jello Shots – fun party vibe with smooth jello shots are great for a party or tailgate event.
Crown Royal Peach Tea Recipe – It’s better homemade than in a can!
Crown Royal Peach Beach Drink – a summer cocktail that tastes like you’re on a tropical beach.
And I have to ask, have you tried the Crown Vanilla? If you’ve got a bottle at home, you’ve got to try this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot!
Other Fun Patriotic Drinks:
Crown Royal Peach Red White and Blue Shots
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need. Each one brings a little something to the taste of this colorful shot, so don’t skip any of the ingredients.
- Crown Royal Peach – peach flavored whiskey made from Georgia peaches.
- Blue Curacao – just a hint of orange with a bright blue color.
- Grenadine Syrup – adds to the sweet flavor. Although Grenadine is a pomegranate flavor, it reminds me of cherry in this cocktail.
- Half & Half – makes this recipe super creamy.
- Reddi Whip – this sweet and creamy topping is a must for the added creaminess.
- Red White and Blue Sprinkles – these layered shots are festive already, but sprinkles add that fireworks look.
If you don’t have time to make these shots right now, save this pin to your Pinterest cocktail board for later!
Crown Peach Red White and Blue Shots Directions
We’re aiming for a red white and blue layered shot! Layers are a little more difficult to create but it doesn’t have to be perfect. The layers will slightly mix in this shot recipe, which is just fine. We get the look and more importantly the great taste.
Step 1: The first layer is the Grenadine Syrup. It’s the heaviest layer so it sinks to the bottom the easiest.
If you happen to make the shot and decide you didn’t use enough Grenadine, you can add a little more if you pour it directly down the middle of the shot glass. It’ll sink right to the bottom. If you find yourself in this situation, fill up a small spoon with Grenadine then pour down the middle.
Step 2: In a separate shot glass, mix together Crown Royal Peach and Half & Half. I did take a sip or two of just the peach whisky and cream and it is addicting. Try not to drink it all! You need it for the middle layer.
Step 3: The third step is to create the middle layer. This middle layer has two important functions.
First, it creates a barrier between the Grenadine and Blue Curacao. Without this middle layer of whisky and cream, the red and the blue would immediately mix together, creating a dark purple. Don’t ask how I know this. So, although the middle layer will mix a little with both the red and the blue layers, it’ll keep the two colors apart.
The second important function is the taste! It’s the peaches and cream flavor that really makes this patriotic shot so good.
At this point, you’ll have two shot glasses about 1/3 full.
Pour the cream layer over the Grenadine. Try and pour slowly and it helps to have a spoon handy to slow the flow of the cream layer. It will still mix a little, but cream rises and will create that needed barrier between the red and the blue.
Step 4: The blue layer! For this 3rd layer, fill the remaining 1/3 of the shot glass with Blue Curacao. This bright Blue Curacao looks gorgeous.
I didn’t trust myself to pour from the bottle, so I put the Blue Curacao in a measuring cup so I could pour slowly over the back of a spoon. And since we know that cream rises, a little bit of the cream will rise above this blue layer. That’s ok, the bulk of the middle layer is still holding the colors apart.
Step 5: Top off with Reddi Whip Whipped Cream and patriotic sprinkles. Then serve immediately.
Layered Shot Tips
- As mentioned above, use the back of a spoon to slow the flow when pouring in the white and blue layers.
- If you are making a batch of these red white and blue shots, each time you make 2 or 3, place them in the freezer. This holds the layers together nicely so you have time to make more shots.
- When you remove these shots from the freezer, line them up on a clean tray. Then quickly add the whipped cream and pour out the sprinkles. All the extra sprinkles will land on the tray and you can gather them up to use on the next batch!
- Whipped cream melts fast, that’s just the nature of the product. Serve immediately.
Invite some friends over for the 4th of July and treat them to these festive Crown Royal Peach layered shots! Who knew Peach Crown would be so delicious in red white and blue shots?
- Crown Royal Peach Whisky
- Blue Curacao
- Half and Half Cream
- Reddi Whip Whipped Cream
- Red White and Blue Sprinkles
- Fill 1/3 of a shot glass with Grenadine.
- In a separate shot glass, combine Crown Royal Peach Whisky and Half & Half Cream. Stir well.
- Add the Peach Crown Royal and Cream mix on top of the Grenadine, filling another 1/3 of the shot glass. Pour slowly over the back of a spoon to keep the layers from mixing.
- Fill the last 1/3 of the shot glass with Blue Curacao. Again, pour slowly over the back of a spoon.
- If making a batch of shots, place the shot glasses in the freezer as you make them to hold the layers in place while making more shots.
- Top with Reddi Whip whipped cream
- Add patriotic sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.