Easiest Instant Pot Cake Recipe EVER! This is a delicious dessert you can make in a pinch when you’re short on time.
This recipe is made with an Angel Food Cake box mix and steamed to moist perfection in the Instant Pot. Creating a lighter, fluffier texture than baking it in the oven. I’m always fan of using boxed cake mix when it comes to simple everyday desserts. Quick, easy and Betty Crocker already perfected the recipe!
How to Make Angel Food Cake in an Instant Pot
It’s simple. You only need two ingredients: Angel Food Cake box mix and water.
Combine the cake mix and water in a large bowl.
Lightly spray your cake pan with oil and pour in the batter. Add water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, add the Instant Pot trivet and then place the cake pan in the middle.
Make sure you lightly cover the cake batter with foil to keep condensation from dropping on top. Your cake won’t rise if the batter stays soggy.
Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes then use Natural Pressure Release (leave the pressure release switch sealed) for 10 minutes.
Remove the cake from your Instant Pot and let it cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Then place the cake on your serving dish and let it completely cool.
Lastly, dust with powdered sugar. Feel free to add more toppings too such as cherry pie filling, whipped cream with fresh strawberries or canned crushed pineapple.
Instant Pot Angel Food Cake Ingredients
- 1 box Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup water for cake
- 2 Cups water for Instant Pot
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar for topping
Instant Pot Cake Directions
- Lightly spray cake pan with oil.
- Mix cake mix and 1 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
- Pour batter into a cake or bundt pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Pour 2 cups water into the Instant Pot inner cooking pot.
- Add trivet and place cake pan in the middle.
- Close lid and pressure release switch.
- Cook on High Pressure for 35 minutes.
- Use Natural Pressure Release (keep pressure release switch closed) for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from the cake pan and place on a serving plate.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
You can print this recipe here:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutritional values are estimates and not exact.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
Save it for later and Pin it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutritional values are estimates and not exact.