Halloween Shots in Syringes are a fun and spooky party shot! Serve up these rum jello shots in an unexpected way to wow your guests and set the stage for a fun Halloween party.
These shots in syringes are easy to make and with just a few ingredients you’ll have the coolest party shots.
Talk about a fun party favor at your Halloween party! These Halloween Shots in Syringes are always a huge hit and thankfully, they are easy to make.
To make jello shots in syringes, you’ll use the same process you would for most any jello shot recipe. Dissolve the jello in boiling water, add rum, pull the mixture in to the shot syringes and chill. The hardest part is waiting for them to chill in the refrigerator.
You can also make these non-alcoholic. Simply omit the rum in the jello shot and you have a fun party favor for non drinkers.
Of course, we’re making rum jello shots in syringes here. Serve these up for a cool Halloween cocktail or change out the flavor of the jello to match the colors of any celebration.
What are Syringe Shots?
Syringe shots have become a popular alternative to serving jello shots in mini plastic cups and most party stores will carry them around Halloween.
They are also easy to find on Amazon and these syringes are designed specifically for party shots. The larger diameter is perfect for jello shots and (of course!) there are no needles. These are perfect to serve up Halloween shots in a syringe.
Tools Needed for Syringe Jello Shots
- Jello Shot Syringes
- Measuring Cup
- Whisk or Spoon
No time to make Halloween Shots in Syringes right now? Save it for later and pin it!
Jello Shot Syringes Recipe
All you need are 3 ingredients to make these fun blood red jello shot syringes.
- Box of Cherry Jello – tastes great and it’s the perfect color for Halloween jello shots.
- White Rum – light rum has a mild flavor so you’ll easily taste the cherry jello.
- Water – to mix the box of red jello.
Halloween Shots in Syringes Variations
You can change the flavor profile easily with these variations:
- Use strawberry jello instead of cherry flavored.
- Don’t want to make rum jello shots? Swap out the light rum for a cherry vodka.
How to Make Syringe Jello Shots
Syringe jello shots are easy and even less messy than jello shots in mini plastic cups!
Step 1: Bring one cup of water to a boil in a pot on the stove.
Step 2: Remove the pot from the stove and add in a 3 ounce box of cherry jello. Stir until completely dissolved (approximately 2 minutes).
Tip: It’s a little quicker if you use a whisk, but a spoon will do the trick.
Step 3: Add rum to the jello mixture and stir well.
Tip: If you’re tempted to substitute some of the water with more rum, don’t do it! When there is too much alcohol mixed in with the jello, the jello won’t set up.
Tip: Depending on the size of shot syringes you use, you can determine how much to fill them up. I think these 2 oz jello shot syringes are the perfect size.
But, if you’re using a 1.5 ounce syringe, I’d suggest filling them completely. If you are using a 2.5 ounce, you can serve more shots if you only fill them to approximately 2 ounces.
Step 5: Chill the syringe shots for 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving. If you lay them flat, you don’t need to worry about having the little caps on the syringes.
More Delicious Jello Shots Recipes
You can use any of these recipes and easily turn them into shots in a syringe!
Malibu Watermelon Rum Jello Shots – delicious watermelon flavor and these are also bright red, perfect for Halloween shots in syringes!
Tips for Using Jello Shot Syringes
- Use them more than once! Wash with warm water and dish soap and you can use them again for your next party.
- Make sure you put the little caps on the end of the shot syringes until the jello shot has congealed to keep any of the liquid from running out.
- Set out your jello shots in a bowl full of ice to keep them cool throughout the party.
- Make extra batches ahead of time.
Can you make Shots in Syringes Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! You can make them 2 days in advance and they’ll still be perfect for your Halloween party.
It’s always fun to come up with new and exciting ways to serve jello shots to your guests!
Serve these Halloween Jello Shots in Syringes at your next Halloween party you host or attend and watch everyone gobble them up!
- 1 - 3oz box Cherry Jello
- 1 cup White Rum
- 1 cup Water
- 12 Jello Shot Syringes
- Bring one cup of water to a boil on the stove.
- Remove from heat and stir in packet of jello until completely dissolved.
- Stir in rum.
- Insert a shot syringe into the jello mixture and pull the plunger up to fill with the jello mixture.
- Chill for 3 hours in the refrigerator or until set.
See this post for variations and tips for making Halloween shots in syringes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.