These Red White and Blue Jello Shots are always fun party drinks! These delicious patriotic jello shots are made with strawberry jello and berry blue jello. Then topped with whipped cream and festive sprinkles to delight your friends and family.
Fantastic jello shots for the 4th of July or Memorial Day. Heck, whip up a batch for Flag day too! These are too fun and festive not to serve several times a year.
Summer is here and it’s time to break out the jello shots. Let’s get adventurous and wow your friends with these gorgeous Red White and Blue Jello Shots for your next patriotic party.
Layered jello shots are like mini pieces of art! And everyone goes crazy for them at 4th of July and Memorial Day get-togethers. They do take a little more work, but it isn’t very difficult to get these layered jello shots prepared. It just takes time.
I highly suggest making these patriotic jello shots 1-2 days in advance so you can focus on other party details the day before everyone arrives.
How Long do Layered Jello Shots Take to Make?
Don’t be discouraged by the answer! Your actual time spent creating patriotic jello shots is approximately 1 hour.
Altogether, It takes about 7 hours to make layered jello shots. Of course, most of this time is simply letting the jello set up in the refrigerator between colors.
How Long do Jello Shots Take to Set?
Each layer in these 4th of July jello shots will take approximately 2 hours to set. Since there are 3 layers, it will take 6 hours for the entire jello shot to set up.
This means you have two hours between each layer to focus on other things you need to get done before your guests arrive!
How Long Are Jello Shots Good For?
Once you’ve created your jello shots, store them in the fridge for up to 3 days with the lid on the cups.
Once you remove them from the refrigerator add whipped cream and toppings and serve while they are still good and cold. They are best consumed within 30 minutes of removing these jello shots from the fridge.
Red White and Blue Jello Shot Ingredients
- Strawberry Jello
- Berry Blue Jello
- Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Reddi Whip whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles for topping.
Not ready to make these now? Save it for later and pin it to Pinterest!
Can You Use Flavored Vodka for Jello Shots?
Absolutely! This is my favorite tip for making the best-tasting jello shots. Try and match your vodka to the flavor of the jello you’re using.
These Red White and Blue Jello Shots are made with regular vodka, but they would also be great with any berry vodka. Try Smirnoff’s Red White and Berry Vodka which turned out delightful in this Patriotic Lemonade Cocktail.
Jello Shot Tips:
- To make jello shots come out of their cups easier, spray a paper towel lightly with olive oil cooking spray and wipe the insides of the jello shot cups before adding the jello mixture.
- Measure the water and the vodka somewhat precisely. Too much liquid will keep jello shots from setting up.
- Add more fun garnishes to make them extra festive. These patriotic drink umbrellas are adorable and you can use the stick to help scoop out the jello shot. Decorative and functional!
These Red White and Blue Jello Shots are berry sweet and the whipped cream adds even more deliciousness. Have fun with these patriotic treats!
- 3 oz. box Strawberry Jello
- 3 oz. box Berry Blue Jello
- 2 packets Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups vodka, divided
- Reddi Whip Whipped cream, sprinkles, maraschino cherries for topping
- Place 2 oz plastic dessert cups into muffin pans so they won't slide around when taking them in and out of the refrigerator.
- Make the red jello by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and add the strawberry jello packet. Stir until it dissolves.
- Pour in 1 cup of Vodka and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the jello shot cuts, filling each cup 1/3 of the way full. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours until set.
- Rinse the pot to remove any red residue.
- Make the white jello by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and stir in 2 packets of Knox gelatin until dissolved.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and stir well. Allow cooling for 30 minutes. If it is too warm when poured over the red jello, the colors will run together.
- Pour the white jello mixture into the jello shot cups, filling another 1/3 of the way and return to the refrigerator to set for another 2 hours.
- Make the blue jello by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Remove boiling water from the stove and add the blue jello packet. Stir until it dissolves.
- Pour in 1 cup of Vodka and allow to cool for 30 minutes. We want to make sure the blue jello isn't too warm before pouring over the white jello.
- Pour the blue jello into the shot cuts, filling the final 1/3 of the cup. Add lids and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Add whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.