Rum and Apple Juice is a refreshing cocktail all year round. Once you add spiced rum and a cinnamon stick it becomes a delicious fall apple juice cocktail! An easy mixed drink to satisfy your rum cravings that’s perfect for the fall season.
It’s fall! The time of year when we can finally break out of the summer heat with crisp air, colorful leaves, and apple juice cocktails.
Rum and Apple Juice is a blend of fresh apples and sweet rum is a winning combination. Serve as a pre-dinner drink for Thanksgiving or any autumn party event as a fun way to celebrate the fall season.
Can I Substitute Apple Juice with Apple Cider?
Yes, absolutely! Apple juice and apple cider are extremely similar. The main difference is Apple Juice is filtered down to just the juice, whereas Apple Cider typically contains some of the apple mash (or pulp).
Use whichever you have at home or prefer. Personally, I love the crisp taste of pure apple juice and rum. It’s a fresh and cool combination!
What Kind of Rum Goes with Apple Juice or Cider?
The best rum to mix with apple juice is spiced rum such as Captian Morgan.
Spiced rum adds the warm flavors of brown sugar, vanilla with hints of cloves and cinnamon spices. Everything you want in a fall apple juice cocktail!
No time to make this rum and apple juice cocktail right now? Save it for later and Pin it to Pinterest!
More Apple Cider / Apple Juice Cocktails To Enjoy
Here are several more cocktail recipes you’ll love:
- Rum (spiced rum is preferred)
- Apple Juice (apple cider works just as well)
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Apple Slice (for garnish)
How to Make Rum and Apple Juice
Follow these easy step-by-step directions for a perfect rum apple juice recipe:
Step 1: Fill your cocktail glass with ice.
Step 2: Add 1.5 oz of spiced rum (1 standard shot).
Step 3: Add 4-5 ounces of apple juice (or cider).
Step 4: Stir the apple juice rum mixture with a cinnamon stick.
Tip: Using a cinnamon stick to stir your drink will add a light cinnamon touch to your cocktail.
Step 5: Garnish with a fresh slice of apple (or several).
How to Make an Apple Fan Garnish
Garnish makes a cocktail stand out! If you’re serving rum and apple juice drinks to friends or family, dress it up to make it slightly fancier!
If you want to create this gorgeous “apple fan” garnish, here’s how to cut the apple:
Start by cutting the apple in half from the top of the stem to the bottom, but don’t cut it right down the middle. Cut it slightly off to one side so you end up with half an apple that has no part of the core.
Next, take the half without the core and place it flesh side down on the cutting board. Now, cut thin slices long ways (what would be stem to stern of the apple).
Use a skewer (I love these stainless steel cocktail skewers) to hold the apple slices together and prop on top of your cocktail.
Rum and Apple Juice Recipe Variations
There are plenty of easy variations you can make when you’re ready to change up this rum and apple juice cocktail!
- Try it with a Caramel Apple Cider to add even more fall flavors.
- If you have spiced apple cider which already includes all the yummy fall spices, you can use a standard rum.
- If swirling your drink with a cinnamon stick isn’t enough cinnamon flavor for you, top off your cocktail with a little sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Alternatively, if you want more apple spice flavors, you can add a sprinkle of apple pie spice.
- Add a brown sugar and simple syrup mix to the rim of your cocktail glass.
- Turn it into a soothing warm cocktail. Use hot apple juice and no ice.
- Make it effervescent and top with 2 ounces of ginger ale.
Rum and Apple Juice is an ideal choice for the fall season! It’s a simple yet delicious cocktail that everyone loves to say cheers to during this time of year.
- 1.5 oz Spiced Rum
- 4-5 oz Apple Juice
- Cinnamon Stick
- Apple Slices (garnish)
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add rum and apple juice.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick.
- Add apple slices for garnish.
See the above post for delicious variations and ideas.