Santa Hat Jello Shots are fun jello shots for the holiday season! Strawberry jello and your choice of either vodka or tequila, topped with whipped cream and a strawberry to look like Santa’s hat. And jello shots always taste better with a strawberry on top!
These Christmas jello shots will absolutely delight your friends and family at your next Christmas party.
Santa Hat Jello Shots are an easy festive recipe that only need a few simple ingredients! This Christmas jello shot recipe mixes the delicious flavors of a fresh strawberry, boozy strawberry jello and whipped cream made to resemble Santa’s hat.
Have a few holiday parties coming up? Why bring Christmas cookies, when you could bring Santa Hat Jello Shots! These are perfect for getting the party started
If you’re looking for something fun and dazzling for your upcoming Christmas parties, these Christmas Santa Hat jello shots are always a hit. They taste delicious and look so cute. For a super creamy Christmas treat, make a few batches of these Eggnog Jello Shots too!
What Liquor Should I Use?
There are several different liquors you can use to make these adorable Santa Hat jello shots! So, it’s up to you.
This recipe for jello shots are made with strawberry jell-o, 1 cup of vodka, fresh strawberries and cool whip.
Other top liquor choices are:
- Strawberry Vodka – matching vodka flavors are always good too.
- Whipped Vodka or Marshmallow Vodka (these have similar flavors) – adds a sweeter flavor.
- Tequila – you can give these a different flavor, like these strawberry margarita jello shots.
All four of these liquors work well in strawberry jello shots.
More Christmas Jello Shots
Apple Whisky Green Jello Shots Topped with Cherries – these make great Christmas themed jello shots.
Gingerbread Jello Shots – gingerbread cookies in a jello shot are fun for holiday parties.
Champagne Jello Shots (2 Ways!) – perfect for any celebration!
Christmas Grinch Jello Shots – bright green with a little heart.
Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots – a different take on these strawberry jello shots. You can even make these to look like a Santa’s Hat too.
Kitchen Tools for Santa Hat Jello Shots
- Measuring Cup
- Non-stick Saucepan
- Spatula for stirring
- Cookie Sheet to
- Mini Plastic Shot Glasses – here are the ones I use: Mini Plastic Shot Glasses (also known as souffle cups)
- Ladle (best with pouring spouts)
All you need are 5 simple ingredients to make these jell-o shots for your next Christmas gathering:
- 1 cup Water
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O (3 oz)
- 1 cup Vodka (flavored vodka or Tequila)
- Redi Whip (or container of Cool Whip, thawed)
- 1 Pint of Fresh Strawberries – you can use frozen if you are unable to get fresh strawberries. In that case, you’ll need to thaw 1 pint of frozen strawberries for the topping.
How to Make Santa Hat Jello Shots
Here are the easy step by step directions:
STEP 1: Boil 1 cup of water in a pot on the stove, then remove from heat.
TIP: You can heat the water in a microwave-safe measuring cup then pour it into the saucepan or a large bowl.
STEP 2: Add in 1 strawberry jell-o packet to the hot water. Stir until all the powder is dissolved.
STEP 3: Pour in 1 cup vodka (or your liquor of choice). Stir well.
NOTE: If you are using the box of jello instructions, note that it calls for 1 cup cold water, in this recipe we are replacing the cold water with vodka.
STEP 4: Use a ladle to fill the mini plastic jello shot cups.
I love my ladle because it has spouts on each side make it extra easy to fill jello shot cups. If you’re looking for one, here’s a similar ladle on Amazon that’s cheap.
STEP 5: Place the filled plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet. The cookie sheet is a great way to move the plastic shot glasses in and out of the refrigerator.
STEP 6: Chill for 2-4 hours or until the jello is set.
TIP: Every refrigerator is different, it may take less or more time for the jello to set. I suggest making these a day ahead of time so you’re not rushed and can let them chill overnight without worrying if they will be ready in time.
How to Decorate Santa Hat Jello Shots
Here’s how to make the Santa Hat:
TIP: Whipped cream is so scrumptious, but it melts quickly. Make sure to decorate these Christmas jello shots just before you are ready to serve them.
STEP 1: Clean your strawberries. You’ll need about 1 pint of hulled strawberries. Simply cut off the green leaves and tops of your fresh strawberries. Try to cut the tops so that the strawberry has a flat surface. Set the strawberries aside.
STEP 2: Add a dollop of Redi whip on top of the jello shots. I’m using Redi Whip because it’s easier to add the whipped cream to the jello shots. If you are using a frozen tub, make sure the container cool whip is thawed before using.
TIP: If you are using a tub of cool whip, it might be easier to spoon some of the cool whip into a piping bag, cut off the bottom tip of one corner on the bag and then squeeze the cool whip on to the top of the jello shots. You can also simply use a spoon and add a dollop and spread it with the back of your spoon.
STEP 3: Place a strawberry flat-side down, pointed end upwards on top of the whipped cream. Continue to place a strawberry on each Santa Hat Jello Shot.
STEP 4: Add a small ball or small dot of whipped cream to the tip of each strawberry to resemble Santa’s hat for the cutest Christmas Jello Shots! I use the canned Redi Whip for ease, but if you have a tub of whipped cream, again – simply spoon a little into a piping bag, snip the corner and then add your whipped cream topping.
How Many Jello Shots in One Box of Jello?
Using the 2 oz jello shot cups, a 3 oz box of jello you will yield 12 Christmas jello shots. Simply double the recipe if you want to make more Santa Hat Jello Shots. Make sure you have plenty of plastic shot glasses too.
Jello Shot Tips
- As a quick reminder, as I mentioned above in some of the tips, whipped cream / cool whip melts quickly. Wait to decorate these festive Christmas jello shots just before you’re ready to serve them.
- Can I double the recipe? Sure! It’s just as easy to make two batches at one time by doubling the ingredients.
- Can I use frozen strawberries? Yes, you’ll need to thaw 1 pint strawberries. Do make sure they are fully thawed before using.
- You can make them kid friendly. Simply omit the vodka and follow the instructions on the box of jello. You’ll use a cup of water instead of vodka.
How to Store Santa Hat Jello Shots
The wonderful thing about these Christmas jello shots is you can make them ahead of time. Jello shots are good for up to 3 days before serving. Make them a few days ahead so they are ready to go when it’s time to serve them up! Place them in the refrigerator with the tops on the plastic cups until you’re ready to add the Santa Hat toppings.
Christmas time is full of holiday parties and your Santa Hat Jello Shots will be a hit! Strawberry jello, vodka, whipped cream with a a strawberry on top are always a hit a Christmas parties! These Santa Hat Jello Shots are a tasty and fun treat to celebrate the holiday season.
Cheers & Merry Christmas!
- 1 cup Water
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O (3 oz)
- 1 cup Vodka (or flavored vodka, Tequila)
- Redi Whip (or Cool Whip, thawed)
- Fresh Strawberries (or thawed frozen strawberries)
- Boil 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Add strawberry jell-o packet into the hot water. Stir until all the powder is dissolved.
- Pour in 3/4 cup vodka (or your liquor of choice). Stir.
- Fill the mini plastic jello shot cups with jello and vodka mixture.
- Chill for 4 hours or until jello is set.
- Clean and cut off the tops of the strawberries.
- Add whipped cream on top.
- Place a strawberry flat-side down on top of the whipped cream.
- Add a small ball of whipped cream to the tip of each strawberry to look like Santa's hat.
See post for additional tips and variations. Please Drink Responsibly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.