This shrimp martini appetizer is always a hit at gatherings. Served in a martini glass, this delicious recipe has just a little tequila kick (totally optional). Serves 6-8 depending on the size of your martini glasses.
Shrimp Martini Ingredients
- 1 lb of Large Shrimp (approximately 31 – 35 count)
- 1 pkg of Louisiana style Shrimp Boil seasoning
- 4 Roma tomatos (1 cup chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/4 Cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Jalapeno pepper (chopped / seeded)
- 1 Large avocado (chopped 1/4 inch chunks)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup of Heinz Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Red Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Green Tabasco
- 1 Tsp Blackening Seasoning (optional, add to your desired flavoring)
- 1/4 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Tequila (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Green olives for garnish
- Tortilla Chips
1. Prepare your Shrimp:
- Fresh is always best, but frozen shrimp is just fine. If using frozen shrimp, fully thaw the shrimp first.
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil with Louisiana Shrimp Boil (or your favorite shrimp boil)
- Add shrimp (with shells on) and cook until pink, which should be 3 – 4 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and cool in a bowl of ice
- Once cooled, peel and de-vain the shrimp
2. Finely Chop the following ingredients:
- Roma Tomatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Cilantro (remove long stems before chopping)
- Seed first and finely chop the jalapeno to desired heat
3. Chop large avocado into 1/4″ chunks
4. Add all the chopped vegetables into a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, except Tequila. Mix well and chill for approximately 30 minutes. Scoop into Martini glasses, making sure each martini glass has 6 – 7 shrimp.
5. Stir in1/2 oz of tequila (optional) to each glass. Add garnish and serve.
Can be served with tortilla chips for an added salty crunch.
Enjoy your Shrimp Martini!
Saturday 18th of May 2013
Jolie hope you have tried this recipe it is my very favorite Appetizer! Thanks for your feedback. Carolyn
Friday 17th of May 2013
Shrimp Martini appetizer . Great for any kind of celebrations.
Monday 3rd of December 2012
All recipes are welcome, send in your favorite ones today.!