This shrimp martini appetizer is always a hit at gatherings. Served in a martini glass, this delicious recipe has just a little tequila kick (totally optional). Serves 6-8 depending on the size of your martini glasses.
Shrimp Martini Ingredients
- 1 lb of Large Shrimp (approximately 31 – 35 count)
- 1 pkg of Louisiana style Shrimp Boil seasoning
- 4 Roma tomatos (1 cup chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/4 Cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Jalapeno pepper (chopped / seeded)
- 1 Large avocado (chopped 1/4 inch chunks)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup of Heinz Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Red Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Green Tabasco
- 1 Tsp Blackening Seasoning (optional, add to your desired flavoring)
- 1/4 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Tequila (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Green olives for garnish
- Tortilla Chips
1. Prepare your Shrimp:
- Fresh is always best, but frozen shrimp is just fine. If using frozen shrimp, fully thaw the shrimp first.
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil with Louisiana Shrimp Boil (or your favorite shrimp boil)
- Add shrimp (with shells on) and cook until pink, which should be 3 – 4 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and cool in a bowl of ice
- Once cooled, peel and de-vain the shrimp
2. Finely Chop the following ingredients:
- Roma Tomatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Cilantro (remove long stems before chopping)
- Seed first and finely chop the jalapeno to desired heat
3. Chop large avocado into 1/4″ chunks
4. Add all the chopped vegetables into a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, except Tequila. Mix well and chill for approximately 30 minutes. Scoop into Martini glasses, making sure each martini glass has 6 – 7 shrimp.
5. Stir in1/2 oz of tequila (optional) to each glass. Add garnish and serve.
Can be served with tortilla chips for an added salty crunch.
Enjoy your Shrimp Martini!