Mix up a Strawberry Lemonade Margarita for a refreshing summer cocktail. Perfect for your backyard bbq and summer parties, it’s sweet and tart with a kick of your favorite tequila.
Welcome, margarita lovers and adventurous sippers!
This recipe is not your everyday margarita; this Strawberry Lemonade Margarita is a vibrant twist of citrusy goodness and berrylicious madness that will tickle you taste buds.
Buckle up and prepare to embark on a journey where tangy lemons, sweet strawberries, and tequila come together for sheer delight.
Serve this cocktail for next party, happy hour or any special occasion where summer cocktails are on the menu, because it’s the perfect summertime drink.
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Lemonade Margarita Recipe
- A tasty combination of tangy lemons and sweet strawberries. It’s like a flavor party in your mouth!
- This margarita hits the perfect balance of sweetness without going overboard.
- Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas are the perfect summer mash up cocktail. It might just turn into your favorite margarita!
Can I Make it Frozen?
Yes! Simply use the same recipe for this Strawberry Lemonade Margarita and add it to your blender with a cup of ice.
Blend until slushy!
More Margarita Recipes
Margaritas are one of my favorite things! Here are a few more you might want to try:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glasses / Margarita Glasses
All you need are a few simple ingredients
TEQUILA: Use your favorite gold or silver tequila. A premium tequila will always taste better, so if you can swing it, upgrade your tequila.
STRAWBERRY LIQUEUR: Just a little to add more sweet strawberry flavor along with extra liquor.
TRIPLE SEC: A sweet and orange citrusy flavor, this orange liqueur blends deliciously with the lemonade. Want it extra smooth? Splurge for the Grand Marnier.
LEMONADE: I used a pre-made tangy lemonade because I’m all about easy ways to make a delicious cocktail!
STRAWBERRY PUREE MIX: Strawberry puree mix is made with real strawberries that’s sweetened.
COARSE SALT or SUGAR: It’s your choice! Use kosher salt on the rim (the classic margarita salt) or use a sanding sugar if you’d prefer a sweet rim.
SIMPLE SUGAR (optional): Use simple syrup to wet the rim of your glass if you’re using a sugar rim. Also, if you want a sweeter margarita, add a teaspoon to the mixture.
GARNISHES: It’s all in the presentation! Add a lime wedges, lemon slices, fresh strawberries and a mint sprig for a gorgeous look.
How to Make a Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
There are actually a number of ways to make this cocktail, so be sure to check out the variations below!
STEP 1: Wash and cut your fruits for the garnishes. Use fresh limes, lemons and strawberries for garnish. Cut the limes and lemons into wedges and add a slit into your strawberries so they will sit on the side of the glass. Wash your mint too.
STEP 2: Take an extra lime wedge and run it around the outside rim of a glass if you’re using margarita salt. If you’re using sanding sugar, dip the rim of the glasses in simple syrup.
STEP 3: In a shallow saucer pour in some kosher salt or sanding sugar. Dip the wet rim of the glass into the salt or sugar and set aside.
STEP 4: In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, lemonade, strawberry liqueur, triple sec, strawberry puree and a handful of ice cubes. Shake until the outside of your shaker is chilled.
STEP 5: Fill your glass 3/4 of the way full with ice cubes.
STEP 6: Pour the strawberry lemonade margarita mixture into the glass.
STEP 7: Garnish with a lime and lemon wedge, a fresh strawberry and a sprig of mint.
Use pink lemonade for a pinker drink.
Make your own lemonade with real lemons and sugar. You’ll need a lot of lemon juice!
Add a teaspoon of simple syrup if you want to tone down the tartness of the lemonade.
Instead of using strawberry puree mix, you can use fresh, juicy strawberries blended into a puree. Make sure to add more simple syrup if you do.
Get ready to fall in love with this Strawberry Lemonade Margarita. It’s a taste adventure, a slice of summer, and a party in a glass all rolled into one.
Cheers to good times and delicious drinks!
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 1 ounce Strawberry Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
- 2 ounces Lemonade
- 2 ounces Strawberry Puree Mix
- Coarse Salt or Sanding Sugar for the rim (your choice!)
- Simple Sugar (optional)
- Garnishes: Limes, lemons, fresh strawberries, mint
- Wash and cut your fruits for the garnishes. Cut the limes and lemons into wedges and add a slit into your strawberries so they will sit on the side of the glass. Wash the mint sprigs.
- Take an extra lime wedge and run it around the outside rim of a glass if you're using margarita salt. If you're using sanding sugar, dip the rim of the glasses in simple syrup.
- In a shallow saucer pour in some kosher salt or sanding sugar. Dip the wet rim of the glass into the salt or sugar and set aside.
- n a cocktail shaker, add tequila, lemonade, strawberry liqueur, triple sec, strawberry puree and a handful of ice cubes. Shake until the outside of your shaker is chilled.
- Fill your glass 3/4 of the way full with ice cubes.
- Pour the strawberry lemonade margarita mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, lemon wedge, a fresh strawberry and a sprig of mint.
See recipe post for variations and substitutions.
Add a teaspoon of simple sugar if you want a sweeter margarita.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 8gSugar: 50gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.