Phins to the West is a Trop Rock music festival you don’t want to miss this summer! Hosted at the fabulous Casablanca Resort & Casino in Mesquite, Nevada from June 7th – 9th.
It’ll be the summer festival to remember and here are just 21 reasons why you don’t want to miss it:
Casablanca Resort, Casino, Golf, Spa & RV Park
The Casablanca Resort is truly an adult recreation center with all the amenities you need in one affordable vacation destination. And it’s the perfect oasis for Trop Rock fans, phriends and artists to play together.
1. The Pool: This massive playground is the daytime hub at Phins to the West. Lounge in the sun or chill in the shade. You can float around the pool or take the plunge down the water slide while Trop Rock performers entertain you from 11am – 5:30pm Thursday – Saturday. Then on Sunday, the music begins a noon which gives you plenty of time to hit the brunch buffet.
2. Onsite Dining: Your choices are abundant for dining at the resort. Kathryn’s is the upscale steakhouse serving prime rib, seafood, pasta dishes and more. Casa Cafe is the very affordable and highly recommended spot to get breakfast, lunch and dinner for American flavorful meals to Chinese dishes. With such a large menu you can try something new every day! If you don’t want to leave the pool, Casa Cafe offers a paired down menu delivered to right your lounge chair.
The Mesa Buffet will serve several different offerings while you’re at Phins to the West! On Friday and Saturday you can dine on the abundant buffet from 2pm – 9pm. If you love crab legs, then Saturday is your buffet choice. For a large variety of breakfast and lunch choices, you can indulge at the mimosa brunch which is offered both Saturday and Sunday.
For quick bites, you can get fresh donuts and coffee in the morning or a few scoops at the ice cream parlor anytime. Plus, according to Doug Murry, Phins to the West committee member, the $0.75 Hebrew National Hot Dogs “are really good!”
And of course… if you prefer, lounge in your room and order room service before heading to the showroom for the nightly Trop Rock concerts.
3. The Showroom: Your evening entertainment is hosted in a true showroom with a large stage boasting professional lighting and sound. Your favorite Trop Rock bands will sound better than ever! Dance the night away on the dance floor or relax at a table, there’s plenty of seating for all attendees. Get your drink specials from the bar or let the staff pamper you with table service drink delivery.
4. Casino: The game of chance is always more fun with phriends! Try your luck at the full service casino where you can play table games to slots. Make sure you sign up for the free Players Club card and earn cool perks.
5. Golf: The Casablanca Resort sits on 43 acres and offers access to 11 world class golf courses. If golf is your fun, then there’s plenty of time for you to grab a round in the morning.
6. Spa: Set aside an hour to pamper yourself at the resort spa with a mani/pedi, facial or unwind with a massage. Or make it an event, just grab a few of your phriends and create an on the spot flamingo phlocking!
Trop Rock Music Entertainment
Trop Rock music is the highlight of Phins to the West! Enjoy four full days of artists with unique sounds and lyrics to make your soul happy.
7. Donald James: Third Coast Cowboy Donald James is performing pool side on Thursday and it’s the official CD release party for his new album “Salty Strings.” You get to hear it first at Phins to the West! Somewhere between Trop Rock, Texas Coastal and Rock, Donald is known for his upbeat Trop Rock originals, perfect for a pool party.
8. Chill: This trio casts a big sound covering all your favorite classic rock songs to Jimmy Buffett tunes, along with their own Trop Rock originals. You’ll be singing along while you float or lounge by the pool.
9. Stars on the Water: A Phins to the West favorite, Jerry Gontang and his band Stars on the Water hit the big stage in the showroom Thursday evening. Featuring originals and covers spanning Rock and Roll, Trop Rock and a touch of Reggae. Infectious and fun, you don’t want to miss this performance.
10. Bob Karwin: A true storyteller, Bob can charm a crowd. He’s the quickest wit in Trop Rock with a gregarious stage persona and clever songwriting. You’ll hang on his every word.
11. Jimmy Parrish: Jimmy is known to whisk the crowd off on to an island excursion with his beach to ocean songs. Sit back, relax and breath in the salty air.
12. John Friday: Let’s get Tropicalized! Coming all the way from South Florida, John is an extremely versatile and talented singer/songwriter. His repertoire is vast and his funny songs are fan favorites.
13. Southern Drawl: Headlining Friday night is the Trop Country band with a big sound. Mike Nash and the band are the hottest ticket in Trop Rock because you’re guaranteed an incredible performance.
14. Jimmy and the Parrots: Where do they get the energy? Headliners for Saturday night, Jimmy and the band will jump, strut and sing and you’ll be doing the same on the dance floor.
15. Cory Young: Surprise! Cory Young is a strong addition to this all-star lineup. Now residing in Las Vegas, this Nashville singer/songwriter not too long ago lived on a boat in the Florida Keys. His country-tropical lifestyle is reflected in the songs he writes and you’ll ride the adventures with him at Phins to the West.
Phins to the West Specialties
16. Charity: Keep Memory Alive is the whole reason for this phlocking party. Bid on silent auctions of cool swag, liquor, parrotphinalia and memorabilia. It’s a win for you and a win for patients battling Alzheimer disease.
17. Theme Nights: Start getting your costumes together for 3 fun theme nights.
- Thursday night theme is Purple in honor of Keep Memory Alive. Wear your best purple t-shirt, lei, hat or flip flops and jam to Stars on the Water.
- Friday night is “Redneck Yacht Club.” Wear your best redneck overalls, cowboy hat or beer can curlers while you party with Southern Drawl.
- Saturday night is “Phlock this Way” a celebration of the Trop Rock lifestyle dancing to Jimmy and the Parrots.
18. Door Decorating Contest: Spruce up your hotel room door to this year’s theme “Flamingo’s In The Desert.” Show off your flamingo creativity and you can win the most coveted of door decorating trophies.
19. Games: Play a few rounds of Corn Hole or High Noon Duel out by the pool with your fellow phriends. The winners get major bragging rights.
20. Goody Bag: A goody bag you’re going to love along with this years very desirable Phins to the West collectable pin!
21. Mini Mart: Stroll the mini mart for new decadent and whimsical items you can’t possibly live without.
Bonus: Drink Specials: Not only are well drinks and a number of beers truly affordable at just $3, the Casablanca Resort is concocting drink specials just for Phins to the West attendees.
Don’t delay in registering! Phins to the West is currently offering a discount price but after April 1st it’ll return to full price: Phins to the West