This Witches Brew Cocktail is a bight green spooky drink, perfect for your next Halloween party!
Topped with eerie dry ice, the delicious taste and special effects will wow your Halloween party guests.
Made with pineapple juice, melon liqueur, vodka and Blue Curacao, this Witches Brew Cocktail is a crowd pleaser!
This green Witches Brew Cocktail is my favorite holiday spooky drink! The vibrant green color is eye catching and will be the star of your Halloween parties.
A delicious vodka Halloween cocktail
You can browse through all of our Halloween Cocktails for more ideas too.
Why You’ll Love this Witches Brew Drink
Who can resist this stunning cocktail recipe? Here’s why I love this Witches Brew Cocktail:
- It’s a fun drink for the Halloween season.
- Easy cocktail to make and can even be made in a large pitcher to serve a crowd.
- A mix of sweet and tart flavors is the perfect balance.
- Absolutely gorgeous drink!
More Halloween Drinks to Love
What Does Midori Liqueur Taste Like?
Midori is a melon-flavored liqueur that was created in 1978 by Suntory, a Japanese company. The word “midori” means “green” in Japanese, and the liqueur is indeed green in color.
It has a honeydew melon flavor that is sweet, making it perfect for mixing in cocktails, especially in this witches brew recipe.
It’s easy to acquire at your local liquor stores and a small bottle costs about $15-$18.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Tall Cocktail Glass
- Cocktail Skewer for the cherries
- Hammer (for breaking up ice)
Witches Brew Cocktail Ingredients
All you need are a few simple ingredients to create this favorite Halloween cocktail recipe:
VODKA: Choose a good smooth vodka. it really does makes a difference in creating a delicious drink. I like Kettle One or Grey Goose, both are smooth with out an alcohol bite.
MIDORI MELON LIQUEUR: This melon liqueur mixes amazing with pineapple flavors and provides the spooky green cocktail look.
BLUE CURACAO: An slightly bitter orange liqueur that adds flavor and color.
PINEAPPLE JUICE: This sweet fruit juice is the main ingredient. Adds the sweetness to make a delicious and delightful cocktail.
LEMON LIME SODA: Use Sprite or 7up. Sprite is a tad bit sweeter than 7up, so choose based on your tastes. It adds the light effervescence and lightness.
ICE: Most of your cocktail glass will be filled with regular ice.
DRY ICE: Dry ice makes it a really spooky Halloween cocktail! All you need is a little dry ice to create the smokey effect that rises from drink. You’ll need to buy one small block of dry ice (typically 1 pound). Your local grocery stores or Walmart should carry it.
MARASCHINO CHERRIES: The bright red cherries pop against the green witch’s brew, plus they’re a sweet garnish to snack on.
How to Make a Green Witches Brew Drink
This Witches Brew Cocktail is actually quick and easy to make!
STEP 1: Pour Vodka, Midori, Blue Curacao and Pineapple Juice into a cocktail shaker.
STEP 2: Add about a cup of ice and shake until the outside is frosty cold.
STEP 3: Fill your cocktail glass with ice cubes about 3/4 to the top. Then pour the Witches Brew into your glass, leaving a little extra room at the top.
STEP 4: Add a splash of lemon-lime soda.
STEP 5: Add just a few dry ice chips.
TIP: Please be very careful and read the information below on proper handling of dry ice! It is important information to keep you from getting hurt.
STEP 6: Add a skewer of maraschino cherries.
TIP: make up your skewers ahead of time, so you can add them immediately.
How to Use Dry Ice Safely in Cocktails
Adding dry ice to your Witches Brew Cocktail can be a fun way a bit of excitement to your next Halloween party. However, it’s important to handle dry ice carefully to avoid freezer burn on your skin.
Dry ice is made of a solid form of carbon dioxide, and it’s very cold! -108.4°F to be exact. When dry ice warms up, it turns into a gas called carbon dioxide vapor. Which gives this Witches Brew Cocktail a super spooky look!
Here are some tips on how to use dry ice safely in this Witches Brew Cocktail or any Halloween drink you make:
- Leave it in the bag! Then break it up into small pieces using a rubber mallet or a hammer.
- Wear gloves! Yes, you should put on your kitchen rubber gloves just in case you accidentally touch it. Never touch dry ice with your bare hands.
- Always use tongs to put it in your drink.
- Store in an open area (do not put it in the freezer!). Place it in a cooler, leaving the lid open and store it away from people, like in the garage or on a side porch.
- Use small pieces. I use dry ice “chips” instead of large pieces. The smoke will last about 2 minutes. Do not drink until the smoke stops, meaning the dry ice has melted.
- You can use a large ice cube size piece, as it will sink to the bottom and the smoke will last longer. If the dry ice sinks to the bottom, then you can sip on your drink. While the smoke is going. This is a fun time to take pictures too!
There are several easy variations you can make to this Halloween cocktail:
- You can swap out the pineapple juice for orange juice if you prefer the orange flavor.
- Worried about using dry ice? Simply omit it. This is the perfect Halloween cocktail with or without it.
- If you like the taste of ginger, you can use ginger ale as the topper. If you prefer a non-flavored option, use tonic water.
- Add more sweetness with a flavored vodka such as vanilla vodka or whipped cream vodka.
- Want to make smaller cocktails? Pour it into martini glasses instead and add one small cube of dry ice.
Large Batch Recipe
If you want to make a large batch, this Witches Brew Punch looks amazing in a large punch bowl.
- Simply quadruple the ingredients and pour into a large punch bowl and stir well.
- Drop in several cubes of dry ice.
- Provide cocktail glasses filled with regular ice and place a bowl of cherries on skewers out for garnishing.
- Let guests dip up this spooky Witches Brew Drink with a ladle (make sure your guests know to leave the dry ice in the punch bowl).
This Witches Brew Cocktail is a fun Halloween drink because it’s spooky, tasty, and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to get your friends and family into the Halloween spirit!
- 1.5 ounces Vodka
- .5 ounce Midori Melon Liqueur
- .5 ounce Blue Curacao
- 3 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce Lemon-Lime Soda
- Maraschino Cherries
- 2-3 Dry Ice Chips
- Pour Vodka, Midori, Blue Curacao and Pineapple Juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add about a cup of ice and shake until the outside is frosty cold.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice cubes about 3/4 to the top. Then pour the Witches Brew into your glass, leaving a little extra room at the top.
- Add a splash of lemon-lime soda.
- Add just a few dry ice chips. Please be very careful, never touch dry ice, Read the information in the recipe post on how to properly use.
- Add a skewer of maraschino cherries for garnish.
Please see recipe post for tips, variations and most importantly, how to safely use dry ice in cocktails. Please Drink Responsibly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g