Yellow Starburst Jello Shots are fun party jello shots! This easy jello shot recipe combines the flavor of sweet and sour lemon Starburst candies with the smooth taste of Deep Eddy Lemon vodka. Perfect for a fancy jello shot at your next party!
Vodka jello shots are always a fun party shot and these lemon starburst jello shots are a fancy novelty! Jello shots add a little extra fun to game day parties or backyard gatherings. Summertime is the perfect time for lemon flavored jello shots.
Do you love those sweet and sour chew little pieces of Starburst candy? Then it’s time to make them a little more grown up and turn them into a lemon starburst jello shot!
I mean, why not?
These vodka jello shots are perfect for backyard gatherings, a pool party must-have or take them to concert tailgates and football tailgating events. Lemon Starburst jello shots are cool and refreshing citrus yum, so these are the perfect cocktail for summer events.
What is the Best Liquor to Use for Jello Shots?
Lemon vodka is the key to these tasty yellow starburst jello shots. Matching your vodka flavors to your jello flavor is my best pro tip for delicious vodka jello shots.
The complementary ingredients boost the flavor, which makes them smoother and less bite than regular vodka. With all the vodka flavors available, you can always match them up!
More Fun Jello Shots Recipes
Peach Crown Jello Shots – Peach Jello Shots made with Peach Crown Royal Whisky.
Pina Colada Jello Shots – The taste of a Pina Colada in a jello shot.
Malibu Watermelon Rum Jello Shots – Watermelon and coconut flavors are a tasty summer jello shot combination.
Berry Blue Jello Shots Recipe – Blue jello shots are always fun!
Pineapple Jello Shots – Delicious tropical jello shots.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots (Coconut Rum Yum) – pineapple and coconut are the perfect jello shot combination.
Starburst Duos Jello Shots (Layered) – fun and colorful jello shots!
What does Yellow Starburst Taste Like?
Yellow Starbursts are sweet and sour with a fresh lemon flavor. They are lighter in flavor than other traditional Starburst candies and taste citrusy fresh.
Did you know you can buy just the yellow starbursts? You can grab a one-pound bag of this Lemon Starburst (or other flavors if you want) from Amazon.
Lemon Yellow Starburst Jello Shot Ingredients
- Starburst Lemon Jello
- Lemon Vodka
- Starburst Lemon Candies for garnish
- Lemon Wheels for garnish
- 2 oz Mini plastic shot glass cups
- Drink umbrellas (optional) are also fun and make it easier to loosen the jello shot with the stick.
How to Make Starburst Jello Shots
Here’s how to make these yummy lemon vodka jello shots. Grab a pot, a measuring cup and gather up your ingredients.
Step by Step Directions:
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Pour in the box of Lemon Starburst Jello.
- Stir jello and water together until all the powder is dissolved then turn off the stove.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of lemon vodka and stir.
- Arrange the plastic jello shot cups on a cookie sheet and pour the mix into each cup.
- Place the jello shots in the fridge and let them chill for 2-4 hours until they are set.
- Top with a yellow Starburst candy.
- Add lemon wheels for garnish.
How Long Do Starburst Jello Shots Last?
The fantastic thing about jellos shots is you can make them ahead of time! When you’re preparing for a party, there are so many things to do!
The good news is you can make these jello shots several days in advance. Keep them in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days before the party, which gives you plenty of time to focus on other tasks.
When storing jello shots, make sure you cover them with the lids that come with the plastic shot cups. Just before you serve them up, add your garnishes.
No time to make these Yellow Starburst Jello Shots now? Save it for later and pin it to Pinterest:
These lemon yellow starburst jello shots will add that extra fun to any event. Enjoy!
- 1 Box Yellow Starburst Jello
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Lemon Vodka
- Lemon Wheels for garnish
- Yellow Starburst for garnish
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, pour in the yellow starburst jello and mix well.
- Turn off the stove.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of vodka and stir.
- Lay out the mini jello shot cups on a baking sheet or large plastic container.
- Pour mixture into the shot cups.
- Place 1 lemon wheel on the side of each cup and then place cups in the refrigerator to set (approximately 2 hours).
- Once the jello is set, add a yellow starburst on top and enjoy.
See article for any variations and additional garnishment ideas. Drink Responsibly.