Juicy and tender Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs are a wonderful weeknight dinner option. These boneless chicken thighs are brushed with olive oil and coated in Everything Bagel Seasoning to bring a unique flavor profile and crunch factor to every bite.
Tired of boring, plain chicken? Using your favorite seasonings and the Air Fryer – it’s a great way to make a quick meal.
Using an Air Fryer to cook raw chicken thighs, chicken leg quarters, chicken wings, chicken tenders, or chicken breasts is one of my favorite ways to lock in the fresh chicken juices and maximize flavor.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Juicy chicken thighs are such an easy chicken recipe and here’s why you’ll love them:
- Using the Air Fryer to cook chicken thighs is the easy way to make them and they’ll turn out perfect each time.
- It’s an inexpensive cut of chicken, making these an easy main dish to feed the family.
- You can double or triple this easy recipe for meal prep or feeding a crowd.
- Juicy, tender chicken ready and on the table in under 20 minutes!
- You get all the wonderful crispy chicken flavors with less oil and deep frying.
It’s a great base recipe that you can easily customize. This recipe is simple and uses oil and Everything Bagel Seasoning, but you can swap out for any of your favorites seasonings, like a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, etc.
Choose your favorite combination seasoning mix or grab a nice dry rub you enjoy.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
The air fryer is the easiest way to cook chicken and here are a few more favorite recipes:
How Long to Air Fry Boneless Chicken Thighs?
Air fry for 16-18 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your thighs will determine the cooking time. Always enure the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F to ensure they are fully cooked.
Tip: For best results, use an instant read thermometer to make sure the chicken is done. It’s an easy and quick way to check the internal temperature.
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Ingredients
This simple recipe only needs 4 ingredients!
BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS: I used fresh boneless chicken thighs, but you could use frozen, just make sure to thaw them before cooking them. Be sure to use paper towels to pat the thighs down to remove any excess moisture. This helps get a crispy skin and lets the oil crisp up the outside and hold on to the seasoning easier.
OLIVE OIL: I used this to brush the chicken with so that the seasonings stick. You can also use other oil such as an avocado oil.
SEASONING: I made this delicious recipe with Everything Bagel Seasoning, but you can use the seasonings you love best.
NON-STICK SPRAY: You need some kind of non-stick cooking spray, such as an olive oil spray or canola oil to spray the Air Fryer basket or tray with to keep the chicken from sticking.
How to Cook Boneless Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer
You can print off the full recipe from the recipe card below.
TIP: Cover your air fryer plate with aluminum foil for easier clean up.
STEP 1: Preheat your Air Fryer to 375° for one-two minutes (depending on your air fryer model).
STEP 2: While the air fryer is preheating, mix 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
STEP 3: Use a pastry brush to brush the mixture over both sides of the chicken thighs and spray the air fryer plate with non-stick cooking oil.
STEP 4: Place chicken thighs in the basket in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd or stack them as the air fryer needs room between the chicken thighs to circulate the hot air to cook them.
STEP 5: Air fry chicken thighs for 8 minutes.
STEP 6: Using tongs or a spatula, turn the thighs over and carefully brush with additional oil and seasoning. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes. The extra cook time will depend on the thickness and size of the thighs.
Mine are on the smaller side, so I only needed 8 minutes. If yours are thicker or larger, cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F when a meat thermometer is inserted at its thickest part of the thigh.
How to Serve
Serve air fryer boneless chicken thighs with your favorite side dishes, like green beans, broccoli, or asparagus. Another great idea is to place then on a bun with toppings and fixings for juicy sandwich.
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Sauce Ideas
These thighs are perfect as they are! Delicious and just the right amount of seasoning for a full flavor.
But, if you want a condiment to add, here are a few sauces that taste great to serve with this chicken:
- Honey Mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Fresh lemon juice
- Buffalo sauce
How to Store
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs should be stored in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat
Toss your chicken thighs back in the Air Fryer to reheat them. Using the Air Fryer will make them crispy chicken thighs again. Preheat the fryer to 380F for a minute and then warm the chicken in the fryer for 6-8 minutes. Check on doneness and warmth before deciding if they need more time in the air fryer.
This Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs recipe is the perfect family friendly, easy weeknight dinner idea that everyone will love!
- 2-pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning (or your favorite spices)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 375° for one-two minutes (depending on your air fryer model).
- While the air fryer is preheating, mix 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the mixture over both sides of the chicken thighs and spray the air fryer plate with non-stick cooking oil.
- Place chicken thighs in the basket in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd or stack them as the air fryer needs room between the chicken thighs to circulate the hot air to cook them.
- Air fry chicken thighs for 8 minutes.
- Using tongs or a spatula, turn the thighs over and carefully brush with additional oil and seasoning. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes. The extra cook time will depend on the thickness and size of the thighs, continue to cook until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F when using a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the thigh.
See recipe post for variations and tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 28g
Nutritional values are estimates and not exact.